Happy May Day. . .

sherbsherb Senior MemberPosts: 1,889 Senior Member

Replies

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,781 Senior Member

I've got to get them to stop sending me the Russian Bride Catalog ......Soon

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,575 Senior Member

What bothers me is that there is no shortage of hard righties cataloging the true horrors of the left, and no shortage of hard lefties cataloging the true horrors of the right, but few on either side willing to catalog the true horrors committed by their own.

A pox on both their houses sez I.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,400 Senior Member

Am I missing something? Are there communists here?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@fishingcomic said:

I was referring to the article Sherb posted. The author seems willing to overlook murderous 20th century regimes in Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy (well, sort of), Chile, Paraguay, Argentina and elsewhere in his zeal to condemn Communism.

The Spanish Civil War is a good example of where the partisans on both sides are willing to see only the hideous barbarity of the other side, and not of their own.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,889 Senior Member
    edited May 2 #7

@fishingcomic said:

No, but there might be some fellow travelers. (eyes comic suspiciously)

@sherb said:

@George K said:

@fishingcomic said:

I was referring to the article Sherb posted. The author seems willing to overlook murderous 20th century regimes in Germany, Spain, Portugal, Italy (well, sort of), Chile, Paraguay, Argentina and elsewhere in his zeal to condemn Communism.

Ilya was born in the USSR, so that colored his outlook somewhat. I imagine his "zeal" has a basis in fact.

I get that, and it reinforces my point. Does he also celebrate "Victims of Right Wing Tyrants Day"? And while I understand why he picks May 1st, that day also is celebrated as Labor Day in most of the rest of the world, including our democratic allies.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,400 Senior Member

@sherb said:

@fishingcomic said:

No, but there might be some fellow travelers. (eyes comic suspiciously)

I am going to have to pull a Dennis Miller and get back with something pithy in 4 days.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,889 Senior Member

Oh yeah, today’s Wednesday. Aren’t we supposed to be getting some Dennis Miller material today?

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,660 Senior Member

@Bushart said:
    I've got to get them to stop sending me the Russian Bride Catalog ......Soon

The Asian bride catalogs are better.

Is Cherry Blossoms still around?
    Asking for a friend.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,781 Senior Member

Knew a guy from work years ago that imported a Russian bride
    got here---didn't turn out well for him

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file