Scooter Libby

StevenSteven Senior MemberPosts: 1,912 Senior Member

Just got pardoned by the President.

Comments

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,359 Senior Member

Sigh..... Would that there were justice in this world; Scoots AND his boss would be in adjoining cells. :)

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,359 Senior Member

I'm guessing we have Bolton to thank for this perversion of justice.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member

What an F'n hypocrite, he pardons someone who lied about leaking classified information, then he blasts Comey for leaking classified info.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• EchoTestEchoTest Posts: 342 Senior Member

I've always thought Scooter Libby was an awesome name. I even spent two years trying to figure out what kind of dog to get so I could name him Scooter Libby. Then when I knew what I wanted I went out and got a Chiweeni but when I got him home he just seemed more like a Steve to me. Steve McGarret, Steve McQueen, all the cool guys...IN MOVIES AND TELEVISION SHOWS...were named Steve! I call my wife's Whippet Barney sometimes, when he's being a tardo, which is a lot!

It wasn't until later that I learned the name 'Scooter' had nothing to do with the little step through motorcycles and was some lawyer....WHEW....lucky my Chiweenie dodged that bull!

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member

@Goldenladle said:
    What an F'n hypocrite, he pardons someone who lied about leaking classified information, then he blasts Comey for leaking classified info.

And his leak put people's lives in danger.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • EchoTestEchoTest Posts: 342 Senior Member

Power corrupts pretty much everybody! If I were president I'd be a monster...a swag monster...I'd be scooping up all the swag...and doing photo-ops with and using the swag...so people would give me more swag knowing their swag would show up with the president using it....all presidents get JB Hill boots...personalized sets of golf clubs and a bag....saddles....I'd show up on the carpet for functions and tell people who's tux I was wearing...my dress cowboy boots....where I got my buttons and cuffs (I prefer J Ried of Santa Fe, that's where I got my favorite set)....

Swag monster! GIMME DA SWAG!

Do Fender and Gibson make limited edtion presidential guitars....does the president get to customize his own?

I'd like a '58 reissue Strat in black with black pearl pickgaurd and custom shop hot rodded single coils on a 5 way switch, piezo pickup between the bridge pickup and Floyd Rose original trem, ebony finger board on a maple neck...on the top I'd like an airbrushed hula girl....Military aircraft nose art style....

for the Gibson I'd want a solid mahogany with custom through body one piece neck Flying V....highly figured Koa split and book matched top and five ply body binding and three ply on the neck and head.....sunken Floyd Rose with trem stop....on the top I'd like an airbrushed tiki...Seymour Duncan JB bridge and 59 neck pickups (my favorite combo) through a 3 way switch with two DPDT vol and two DPDT tone pots so I can do the multi-sound pickup wiring selections (bridge/neck split/dual coil, bridge neck phase in out, bridge neck series master blaster)......and on the top an airbrushed polynesian tiki graphic....you know the one....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file