edited March 21 in The Lodge #1

For Common Sense to leave the building

"Are you Parent #1 or #2" Really!!

That's it!!...I'm drinkin straight outta a dirty work boot tonite

cbc.ca/news/politics/service-canada-gender-neutral-1.4585629

Comments

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,622 Senior Member

Here's a question for bi-lingual Canadians:

Even if this were possible in English, is it possible in a gendered language like French?

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,532 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    Here's a question for bi-lingual Canadians:

Even if this were possible in English, is it possible in a gendered language like French?

I'm thinking no---but my french is limited to table dancers---maple syrup--and fear of driving in Quebec

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 820 Senior Member

Wow, they should just use "Yo b i t c h" for everyone.

I have officially reached Dinosaur "Platinum" status

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    edited March 21 #6

Sounds like PC is spilling over our northern border.

I was down in Milwaukee a few weeks ago and stopped at a restaurant to eat. I went to use the bathroom and there were no mens or ladies room. There were 2 bathrooms and the signs on the door said "Whichever".

What a crazy world this has become..

Well they say Parent 1 and parent 2

where does that stop??---well we can't say mom n dad---what about grandma and grandpa

How do they fit into a numerical designation

Hang on....my workboot's empty

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member

@NZ Indicator said:

I was down in Milwaukee a few weeks ago and stopped at a restaurant to eat. I went to use the bathroom and there were no mens or ladies room. There were 2 bathrooms and the signs on the door said "Whichever".

Yeah it would really suck if some babe came in while your taking leak, or worse a crap. Holy stage fright batman B)

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

@Goldenladle said:

@NZ Indicator said:

Yeah it would really suck if some babe came in while your taking leak, or worse a crap. Holy stage fright batman B)

I try to be common sense thinkin---not overly concerned what name's on the bathroom door
    It's this overnight removal of what we've known forever.....Can you see a 2018 version of "Oliver"....Please "X" I want more
    And this numerical title for parents................I am kinda fond of #69 tho... :)

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member

Actually, my post was somewhat sarcastic. I personally don't care about labeled bathrooms.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member

@NZ Indicator said:

School shootings galore and this is what you worry about?

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,355 Senior Member

Hey. NZ understands what's really important. Stop harassing him.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 818 Senior Member

@Goldenladle said:

@NZ Indicator said:

One of the local markets is in mid-renovation including bathrooms. For a couple of weeks, only one was open with a large sign saying, "Unisex Please lock the door upon entering". Sure enough, I waltzed in and locked the door just as some **** sauntered out of a stall, still adjusting her underpinnings. She began to scream Loyston-French obscenities, and I screamed back, "Can't you read the effing sign, Lady? Lock the door next time!" The manager came running and tried to un-ruffle her feathers, but didn't have much luck. I took my business elsewhere until they got both Loos finished, and the manager still looks at me like a pervert every time we cross paths.

Jim

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:

@NZ Indicator said:

School shootings galore and this is what you worry about?

Please point out to the classroom where I stated I was worried.

I don't worry about it at all. I just find it to be ridiculous.

• EchoTestEchoTest Posts: 338 Senior Member

Look man.....when a mixed gender group of two or more are in front of 95% of the world's population...and they want to address one person or all the people of one gender......they use gender specific language.....

Couple conducting business at a banking window, guy asks for change for a 100....teller says...'Yes SIR and how would you like that'........kid's at the dinner table wants to ask his mom a question....kid addresses 'Mom...'......asks the question....because pointing is considered rude...and more than anything else this is natural...instinctive...intuitive....it works....

People who can't grasp that and perceive some kinda 'gender preference' from it are just messed up in the head and unable to function effectively in society....and need to realize 99.999999% of what the rest of the world does aint about them at all! I suspect that if they weren't so busy trying to make everything about them, most of them would realize that without effort! I also suspect a lot of the people who do make such issues...just really, really, really want or need everything to be about them and will find a way no matter what you do...because its about them...not you!

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 820 Senior Member

I have to deal with all sorts of foreigners via e-mail all day long. Trying to avoid the gender thing because I don't know if it's a man or woman is one of the toughest things I have to do.
    It can be done, but it makes you come across really rude. Sometimes I just guess and go for it so I don't come across as a prick.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file