No Win Situation for the Israelis

Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior MemberPosts: 623 Senior Member
Ahed Tamimi: Palestinian viral slap video teen goes on trial

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-43032411

Is having to suppress a large population worth it?

Replies

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,778 Senior Member
    Ahed Tamimi, then 16, was filmed by her mother, Nariman, shouting at and shoving two soldiers in the driveway of her family home in Nabi Saleh in the occupied West Bank on 15 December 2017.

The incident was streamed on Nariman Tamimi's Facebook page and video of the confrontation went viral.

In the footage she kicks one soldier and slaps his face, and threatens to punch the other.

Ahed Tamimi was arrested in a night-time raid days later. Her mother has also been charged with incitement on social media and assault, and her cousin, Nour, who participated in the incident, has been charged with assault.

Uh. . .what?

We're talking a couple of minor misdemeanors here, right?
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,579 Senior Member
    Israel has much bigger problems.

country. (AFP PHOTO / Jack GUEZ)

An initial Israeli Air Force investigation indicated that Saturday’s F-16 fighter jet crash was caused by explosion of an anti-aircraft missile next to the plane, but not necessarily from a direct hit, the army said.

An army spokesperson stressed that the investigation into the crash is ongoing, but said that the current assessment is that the missile brought down the F-16, known in Israel as a Sufa.
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-f-16-appears-to-have-been-downed-by-shrapnel/

I can't help but wonder if we paid for these weapons.....
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    It's been reported that the downed fighter jet was one of the 80% of Israeli aircraft not paid for with U.S. aid.

I'd be more concerned with the fact that Iran is flying drones over Israel from its bases in Syria.

As for Ms. Tamimi, the best solution would be forced rendition, to say Haiti or Yemen.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,833 Senior Member
    The best solution would be stopping the forced Israeli occupation, thus eliminating the incentive for teenage girls to slap Israeli soldiers.
    EdB wrote: »
    The best solution would be stopping the forced Israeli occupation, thus eliminating the incentive for teenage girls to slap Israeli soldiers.

Maybe she can raise this as a defense at her trial.
    I meant the weapons that shot
    the jet down.
    Oh. Those were probably Russian.

If my aunt had balls...

I think the police should cease and desist from stopping drunk drivers, thus eliminating the incentive for drunks to kick nurses trying to draw their blood.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,833 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    If my aunt had balls...

Will the Israeli occupation ever end?
    sherb wrote: »
    I think the police should cease and desist from stopping drunk drivers, thus eliminating the incentive for drunks to kick nurses trying to draw their blood.

Hmm, how many energy credits will a case of Natty light set you back?
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member

The potential to get shot in the face would remove all motivation I had to slap a soldier.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,100 Senior Member

Hi Uncle Lewis!!!
    Will the Israeli occupation ever end?

Ignoring the fact that the Jewish people have as much claim on that land as anybody...it's inevitable. But it will come a lot faster if the Palestinians would trade in their corrupt leadership for one dedicated to civic development and democratic reforms.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file