Jeff Sessions, RINO

sherbsherb Senior MemberPosts: 1,771 Senior Member
He's been a busy little beaver lately.

DV2uz3SX0AA7eIU.jpg:large

Replies

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,574 Senior Member
    The south was on the wrong end of that 100%. Now they are trying to stop the unfair labor practices for people here illegally, and still they are called racist. Can't win.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    ... Now they are trying to stop the unfair labor practices for people here illegally, and still they are called racist. Can't win.

By kicking them out of the state?
    Or by trying to slow the flow of them flowing into the state. Guess we could do what Clinton did and send them to Guantanamo Bay.

At a White House press conference, Mr Clinton said Cuban 'boat people' intercepted by the US Coast Guard would be sent to the US naval base at Guantanamo Bay,

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/clinton-bars-the-cuban-boat-people-refugee-flood-forces-clinton-to-reverse-policy-of-30-years-1377508.html
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,339 Senior Member
    The south was on the wrong end of that 100%. Now they are trying to stop the unfair labor practices for people here illegally, and still they are called racist. Can't win.

If they were really interested in this why don't they ever offer stiffer penalties for the people that hire and exploit them and instead only focus on deporting dreamers and breaking up families? Hell now they don't even want the people that did come here legally to bring their families them! Talk about the family values party.

Every time I talk about throwing the people that knowingly hire illegals in prison, why doesn't any one on the right jump on that bandwagon?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 623 Senior Member
    I didn't realize that true Republicans thought the civil war was not about slavery.
    If they were really interested in this why don't they ever offer stiffer penalties for the people that hire and exploit them and instead only focus on deporting dreamers and breaking up families? Hell now they don't even want the people that did come here legally to bring their families them! Talk about the family values party.

Every time I talk about throwing the people that knowingly hire illegals in prison, why doesn't any one on the right jump on that bandwagon?

Because people lie and provide false paperwork. Why place the burden of proof on small business owners. They didn't create this mess. E-Verify is the best solution we have right now. Trump and his base have been pushing for E-Verify since before Trump, but it's the left who doesn't want it....
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,471 Senior Member
    I didn't realize that true Republicans thought the civil war was not about slavery.

Lincoln was a RINO, a modern-day liberal Democrat at heart. :)
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

It was. However, I would say the majority of the Souths dead were not, or never would have been, slave owners. They were fighting what they saw as northern aggression.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    or fighting to protect a system that kept even the lowliest white redneck off the bottom rung of the socio-economic ladder.
    It was. However, I would say the majority of the Souths dead were not, or never would have been, slave owners. They were fighting what they saw as northern aggression.

I get that. My post went to the notion that an R who thinks the Civil War was about slavery is a RINO.

Nope, they were fighting for white supremacy.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Steven wrote: »
    or fighting to protect a system that kept even the lowliest white redneck off the bottom rung of the socio-economic ladder.

This
    Because people lie and provide false paperwork. Why place the burden of proof on small business owners. They didn't create this mess. E-Verify is the best solution we have right now. Trump and his base have been pushing for E-Verify since before Trump, but it's the left who doesn't want it....

See, those poor exploiters must be protected at all costs. Admit it you don't give a crap about the exploitation. I said knowingly. Trump hired illegals.

BTW if they did not hire them, there would not be a mess.
    Steven wrote: »

Initially that's correct. But to say that men of the south all fought because of some racial or socio-economic motivation is IMO short sighted. The north wasn't kind to the inhabitants of the south during the war. Not kind at all.
    See, those poor exploiters must be protected at all costs. Admit it you don't give a crap about the exploitation. I said knowingly. Trump hired illegals.

BTW if they did not hire them, there would not be a mess.

What's more clear than Everify is the answer. If it becomes the law of the land and the "exploiters" bypass it, then they would be guilty of a crime. I don't understand how you plan to charge someone for hiring a person who has lied about their citizenship and provided false paperwork.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,771 Senior Member

They don't. Its a joke. Its just not the kind of thing you expect Sessions to say.
    sherb wrote: »
    They don't. Its a joke. Its just not the kind of thing you expect Sessions to say.

I know it was a joke. I am trying to be facetious.

Anyway, the joke has been hijacked and I guess we're now talking about how the average Confederate was fighting to keep from being on the lowest socio-economic rung and how current employers shouldn't be hiring undocumented workers.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,771 Senior Member
    Well, it sparked a conversation, so. . .

No complaints here.
    Likewise--all good.
    It had potential to be a multi pager.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    My jimmies were almost rustled, sherb. Almost.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Initially that's correct. But to say that men of the south all fought because of some racial or socio-economic motivation is IMO short sighted. The north wasn't kind to the inhabitants of the south during the war. Not kind at all.

Like so many soldiers, they had no logical basis to risk their life to kill people they had no complaint with. Why did they fight? reread "Cold Mountain" or watch the movie.
    I have seen the movie and hiked around cold mountain :)
    Yea. The south wasn't kind to the south either. Indeed another reason why they fought.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,471 Senior Member

I think most of them were fighting to defend their home states. The more ignorant among them probably believed that it was the North rather than the South that initiated hostilities, and may not have known that the South's declaration of why secession was necessary was based on the need to continue the institution of slavery. Of course, then too there were many in the western part of North Carolina and what is now West Virginia who did not support the Confederacy.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Thursday following guilty pleas for hiring undocumented workers, not paying federal employment taxes and hiding the whole enterprise with an elaborate use of postal money orders, US Attorney Bill Nettles said in a news release.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article13896749.html#storylink=cpy

It was the taxes that got them the most time.
    What's more clear than Everify is the answer. If it becomes the law of the land and the "exploiters" bypass it, then they would be guilty of a crime. I don't understand how you plan to charge someone for hiring a person who has lied about their citizenship and provided false paperwork.

Are you having a hard time with the word "Knowingly?"
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,098 Senior Member
    They have deported over a million immigrants in the past 2 years,

Good deal!!! Keep deporting all the illegal ones!!!
    Are you having a hard time with the word "Knowingly?"

Are you having trouble with the current admin is trying to fix the problem but the opposing side is blocking at every turn?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file