She's talking again

MikeAMikeA Senior MemberPosts: 2,579 Senior Member

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,341 Senior Member
    Did she read Green Eggs and Ham?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,766 Senior Member
    Where was your criticism when your guy Ted Cruz was taking for 24 hours?

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,100 Senior Member
    Who are you talking to? Not my guy.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,782 Senior Member
    Not to take anything away from the minority leader's achievement, but what is the point of this? I didn't miss a Senate election, did I?
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,579 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    Not to take anything away from the minority leader's achievement, but what is the point of this? I didn't miss a Senate election, did I?

Better question. Why in the hell would you sit there and listen for all those hours? Do they have to?

As to Cruz, that was just as stupid X 2. Is it any wonder the approval ratings are so low?
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,579 Senior Member
    This must be what happens to people who don't fish.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,376 Senior Member
    Ted Cruz doesn't fish. He IS a fish.

rs_600x317-150330152052-mypiece2.jpg
    Hey Mike, Joe.. if you hurry you can catch Rand Paul who has been talking for an hour now. filibuster boys, go crazy

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,341 Senior Member
    You know they dedicated an entire beloved movie to this sort of thing. Frank Capra hates you guys.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Oddly enough Rand Paul’s tactic isn’t a filibuster. He can only block the vote for so long, unlike a filibuster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file