You know what's treasonous?

sherbsherb Senior MemberPosts: 1,785 Senior Member
Abdicating the throne, then meeting with ****, and in an effort to be made king again, you tell him to keep bombing your native country so that they give up.

You know what's not treasonous?

Sitting on your hands during the State of the Union. Bad manners, certainly. But not treason.

Replies

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,785 Senior Member
    Actually, in context it sounds like a master Troll. Trump says something outrageous, libs go crazy. Rinse and repeat.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,380 Senior Member
    Our President is a twitter troll. So much winning right there.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,645 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »

Sitting on your hands during the State of the Union. Bad manners, certainly. But not treason.
    As bad as calling out
    [h=1]'You lie?'[/h]
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,348 Senior Member

I bet a certain someone here will disagree.

BTW how is it bad manners?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,348 Senior Member
    Actually, in context it sounds like a master Troll. Trump says something outrageous, libs go crazy. Rinse and repeat.

The treason part was a joke.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,486 Senior Member
    This nothing more than another example of Trump's ignorance of history and tradition. When in our TV lifetimes has there been a STOTU address when the opposition applauded political statements?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,251 Senior Member
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,580 Senior Member
    Abdicating the throne, then meeting with ****, and in an effort to be made king again, you tell him to keep bombing your native country so that they give up.

You know what's not treasonous?

Totally agree. What an idiotic comment.

Its so hard to see the context here, so I'll ask. Are you saying that the normalization of this behavior is ok? Are you letting it slide because it fills a purpose, 'to **** off the libs,' and that the ends justify the means?

In other words, et tu brute?
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,785 Senior Member
    No. I think I was making the point that Trump doesn’t know what treason is. I don’t feel like the president should be making such inflammatory statements. That said, I think he was joking.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    No. I think I was making the point that Trump doesn’t know what treason is. I don’t feel like the president should be making such inflammatory statements. That said, I think he was joking.

Humour is left to interpretation ....Thus Leaders of world powers should avoid improv

Ok, thanks. I thought you had gone insane too. You know you are the last hope of you party and nation, right? ;)
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 838 Senior Member
    You wanna here treason? I hope his spine falls through his **** and breaks his freakin' neck!

This tinhorn, would-be dictator is now even ordering up YUGE military parades.

Jim
    magalloway wrote: »
    You wanna here treason? I hope his spine falls through his **** and breaks his freakin' neck!

This tinhorn, would-be dictator is now even ordering up YUGE military parades.

Jim

"It'll be a tremendous thing. Really tremendous. People are saying it will be the biggest military parade in the world. I saw a lot of the world when I went to Switzerland to meet Mr. Davos. Hell of a guy, that Davos... hell of a guy. He told me he would personally invest trillions of dollars into our economy. Millions of jobs for our forgotten people. We did deals for millions of jobs. Clean coal jobs. I told Bob and Maddog that I wanted to be the Grand Marshall of the parade for our tremendous troops. They said I could wear epaulets and everything! Did you see any of those coloreds sitting for the anthem during the Super Bowl? No. No, you didn't. Together we're making America great again. I bet Bozo Bob Mueller didn't even watch the Super Bowl. So sad."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file