What's the big deal with this Memo?

MikeAMikeA Senior MemberPosts: 2,571 Senior Member
Why the big hissy fit from the DNC? Psst, we know you aren't really that concerned about National Security. You proved that with the Clinton email investigation.

Replies

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    I just read it...and I need to take a shower to get the slime off.

The gist of it seems to be that anti-Trump officials at both DOJ and FBI knew that Fusion and Steele were being paid by the DNC and Clinton campaigns, yet never disclosed this to the FISA Court when getting the OK to bug Carter Page.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,571 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »

The gist of it seems to be that anti-Trump officials at both DOJ and FBI knew that Fusion and Steele were being paid by the DNC and Clinton campaigns, yet never disclosed this to the FISA Court when getting the OK to bug Carter Page.

Well, I'm not shocked. I suspected that all along.

I was thinking it was going to expose something really shocking like how Sherb and Hextall actually DID meet at the boat ramp and a bromance developed. The bromance ended abruptly though when Hex revealed that he prefers the New Zealand strike indicator over Sherbs coiled mono indicator. Hex was so distraught over the relationship ending that he resigned from the lodge forever.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,768 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »

I was thinking it was going to expose something really shocking like how Sherb and Hextall actually DID meet at the boat ramp and a bromance developed. The bromance ended abruptly though when Hex revealed that he prefers the New Zealand strike indicator over Sherbs coiled mono indicator. Hex was so distraught over the relationship ending that he resigned from the lodge forever.

In every myth there's a grain of truth.
    Just waiting for Trump to tweet and tell me what the real story is. No fake news for me!
    Twitter is a complete mess of tribal screeching and whataboutism today. No way to see my way clear on this one without a partisan filter. My eyes are starting to glaze over.
    I need a drink.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »

One ex-FBI guy said, heck, all our sources have biases and connections. They were trying to get permission to bug a national security risk. And the memo actually supports that their were security concerns. The memo doesn't describe what other information the FISA court had, which from the pre-release debate about it may have been considerable.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,073 Senior Member
    The neighbor that doesn't like that punk next door...and yet when she reported a possible meth lab to the cops the judge still issued the warrant. Man this Nunes II episode is more funny than the last one. No story other than distraction and pretending there is a reason to fire the Republican Rosenstein. It won't do them much good.

Back to tying flies....they are getting better.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,073 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »
    One ex-FBI guy said, heck, all our sources have biases and connections. They were trying to get permission to bug a national security risk.

First FBI surveillance on Page was in 2013. That had nothing to do with the "dossier." man this is so high school.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
    sherb wrote: »
    In every myth there's a grain of truth.

Right. The NZ indicator is the better indicator.
    Right. The NZ indicator is the better indicator.

Don't make me release my MikeA dossier. Explosive stuff, I'm telling ya.

If it involves this guy, it was just a fishing trip. I had no idea how perverted he is. We're going again tomorrow, but only so I can get my fly box back.
    brian-dunigan.jpg
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,354 Senior Member
    /Sherb furiously taking notes on how to dress appropriately when you are a lawyer/
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Headline: "Paul Ryan Urges Republicans Not To Use Memo Attacking Trump Probe To Attack Trump Probe".
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,339 Senior Member
    "The latest attacks on the FBI and Department of Justice serve no American interests — no party’s, no president’s, only Putin’s," McCain said in the statement issued while he remains in Arizona battling an aggressive form of brain cancer. "The American people deserve to know all of the facts surrounding Russia’s ongoing efforts to subvert our democracy, which is why Special Counsel (Robert) Mueller’s investigation must proceed unimpeded.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/arizona/2018/02/02/john-mccain-and-jeff-flake-oppose-memos-release-but-other-gop-members-support-move/301178002/
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

"Our nation’s elected officials, including the president, must stop looking at this investigation through the warped lens of politics and manufacturing partisan sideshows. If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin’s job for him.

Ummm, I'm pretty sure that's exactly why the memo WAS released. And where is all that national security information that the DNC promised would be devastating to the FBI and DOJ if released?? That really just made them look complicit.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,354 Senior Member
    Ummm, I'm pretty sure that's exactly why the memo WAS released.

No, Mike. The Nunes memo is the exact opposite of what you are thinking! It is cherry picked political hit piece in an attempt to give Trump cover so he can fire Rosenstein. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that several in the WH helped draft the memo.

And where is all that national security information that the DNC promised would be devastating to the FBI and DOJ if released??

The Democrats jumped on this bandwagon after many experts in the field said releasing it would be a mistake. And 'devastated' is over-stating what they said.
    "Our nation’s elected officials, including the president, must stop looking at this investigation through the warped lens of politics and manufacturing partisan sideshows. If we continue to undermine our own rule of law, we are doing Putin’s job for him.

Ummm, I'm pretty sure that's exactly why the memo WAS released. And where is all that national security information that the DNC promised would be devastating to the FBI and DOJ if released?? That really just made them look complicit.

Then you missed McCain's point.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,471 Senior Member

It's a nothingburger. Golden Showers are a big deal only if they took place in Russia.

Just sayin'.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,682 Senior Member
    This memo reminds me of "Welcome back Kotter"---(if your old enough)

Please excuse Epstein from class

Signed
    Epstein's Mother
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,547 Senior Member
    Up your nose with a rubber hose.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,682 Senior Member
    This was likely before Travolta found the beauty in Scientology
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    It is cherry picked political hit piece in an attempt to give Trump cover so he can fire Rosenstein.

I don't buy this one bit, and I really don’t understand how anyone can. Partisan politics aside, they got a FISA warrant based on unverified dossier that was paid for by the opposition to the administration it was directed at. That’s fact. They failed on multiple occasions to disclose the connections. Mccabe admitted that without the dossier there would be no FISA warrant. The dems fought tooth and nail against releasing this doc claiming national security risks.

“Second, we knew that Steele shopped the information in the dossier to various reporters to try to get them published during the election. Third, the contents of this dossier were so unverified that virtually all of the reporters declined to run the story during the campaign.”

“However, my greatest concern is what is not in the dossier: classified information “jeopardizing national security.” Leaders like Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) declared that the committee had moved beyond “dangerous irresponsibility and disregard for our national security” and “disregarded the warnings of the Justice Department and the FBI.”
    Now we can read the memo. There is a sharp and alarming disconnect between the descriptions of Pelosi and the House Intelligence Committee’s Ranking Minority Member Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) and the actual document. It clearly does not contain information that would reveal sources or methods.”

That’s a cherry alright. A big fat juicy one that certainly needed picking.

Did anyone notice how after it was released the Dems turned it from a bomb blast to the intelligence community, to a nothing burger?
    They always claimed the memo was cherry picked and biased, designed to give the President cover so he can fire Mueller. Nobody admitted that without the dossier there would be no FISA warrant the warrant came about because of intelligence provided by the Australians and other evidence including words from Carter Page's own mouth. Remember this stuff has to go before a judge.
    What is funny is this is about Carter Page a man that Trump says he never really met.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,765 Senior Member
    What is funny is this is about Carter Page a man that Trump says he never really met.

I think you mean George Popatopolis

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

They always claimed the memo was cherry picked and biased, designed to give the President cover so he can fire Mueller. Nobody admitted that without the dossier there would be no FISA warrant the warrant came about because of intelligence provided by the Australians and other evidence including words from Carter Page's own mouth. Remember this stuff has to go before a judge.

So whens the firing?

"Nobody admitted that without the dossier there would be no FISA warrant" Right. He said it but "It was taken out of context" then he was removed from his position as DD of the FBI... I'm not pretending this is some sort of watershed moment, but it's certainly exposing some seriously questionable motives and conflicts of interest within the FBI and DOJ. If you can't see that, you need to remove the rose colored glasses.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,765 Senior Member
    If you can't see that, you need to remove the rose colored glasses.

Pot... meet kettle. Holy crap Mike, you really need to listen to or read some other form of news. The stuff you have going on is pretty sketchy on facts.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Pot... meet kettle. Holy crap Mike, you really need to listen to or read some other form of news. The stuff you have going on is pretty sketchy on facts.

I'm not sure how I could possibly diversify my news any more than I already do.

Maybe you can point me to the article where the "constitutional crisis" that this memo created is outlined?
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    I don't see how it matters one iota whether the warrant would have been issued with or without acknowledging that the dossier was paid for by opposition to Trump.

If the FBI and DOJ knew this, and didn't disclose it, heads should be cut off and put on spikes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file