"The Useful Idiocy of Donald Trump"

2»

Replies

  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,362 Senior Member
    Two words, Ernst Rohm

    And there we have it. Good comparison, Herr Chris.

    Mike, May I make a suggestion or two?

    1) Don't watch CNN or Fox. Partisan buffoonery at best and lying seditionists at worst.

    2) Start to enjoy opinion journalism! Once you start to know the various columnists and outlets it can be very rewarding. It helps expand your viewpoint and see both sides of an issue. I only read probably 20% of what Sherb does but I know he espouses this philosophy too. Its easy to weed out the hyperbolic BS and hone in on good quality opinion pieces from all sides. Try it! You know I'm no rightwad but I found value and insight into the pieces Shorb linked above.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    Wait till Stephan Miller gets a look at it. It will never happen.

    This misses my point
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    Bushart wrote: »
    PS Trump owes special interest groups....see moving embassy to Jerusalem

    I'm going to assume you mean the Christian Right.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,574 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    And there we have it. Good comparison, Herr Chris.

    Mike, May I make a suggestion or two?

    1) Don't watch CNN or Fox. Partisan buffoonery at best and lying seditionists at worst.

    2) Start to enjoy opinion journalism! Once you start to know the various columnists and outlets it can be very rewarding. It helps expand your viewpoint and see both sides of an issue. I only read probably 20% of what Sherb does but I know he espouses this philosophy too. Its easy to weed out the hyperbolic BS and hone in on good quality opinion pieces from all sides. Try it! You know I'm no rightwad but I found value and insight into the pieces Shorb linked above.

    Shawn I have Sat radio and in the morning (1 hour 10 min commute) I go between CNN FOX NPR and POTUS. Lately NPR is the only one that hasn't caught a bad case of TDS. CNN has lowered itself to the level of Alex Jones. Sad. Fox,, is Fox.

    I've avoided opinion pieces and try to find the truth by listening and reading from all sides of an issue. Perhaps I'm missing out. Point taken.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,339 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    This misses my point

    No, you miss the fact that Trump can't be trusted on the issue.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,771 Senior Member
    Two words, Ernst Rohm

    You mean the guy **** had killed? Not a great example.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,339 Senior Member
    So are we arguing that **** was smart?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,771 Senior Member
    So are we arguing that **** was smart?

    I would argue that **** was not a bumbling idiot. He managed to subdue Europe and got all the way to Stalingrad before he was stopped.

    But my real argument is that **** is a totalizing ideology. Fromm is a good example of the purges that must occur, because very few people can show allegiance in such a totalitarian system. The ideologues must constantly probe for those with insufficient zeal for the cause.

    Trump has no ideology. He's a bumbler. He literally believes in nothing except making a good deal. His "America First" rants are a winning strategy, but that's not the same as saying he actually believed it.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    No, you miss the fact that Trump can't be trusted on the issue.

    Like I said. You missed my point.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,339 Senior Member
    No, your point is irrelevant. When it comes to pandering to the hatred of his base or finding a solution, he will choose the former.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    So, I guess we're back to Trump being an idiot rather than an evil genius, since his proposed solution completely pissed off his base.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,682 Senior Member
    Well if you weigh opinions based on life achievements-(unlike the game show host who was born privileged) -and if you were savvy enough to sit on the board at Exxon---then people may respect or at least notice your opinion

    And his opinion of Trump I believe was F'n Moron
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,574 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    So, I guess we're back to Trump being an idiot rather than an evil genius, since his proposed solution completely pissed off his base.
    Thing is, I don't see all these pissed off people. I see folks in a pretty good mood about it all. What will the left accuse us of once the racist argument is vanquished? "Finally, people are getting woke and walking off the democrat plantation" ~Diamond and Silk :)
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,682 Senior Member
    Maybe they'll get to accuse you of running up a record breaking deficit by lowering taxes on the wealthy and set the standard for deficit spending

    Or maybe they'll get to accuse you of side-stepping environmental concerns by opening protected lands for development---yay clean coal!!

    Or maybe they'll accuse you of endangering coastal states by broadening oil exploration off their coasts (All except the view from Mar lago)

    Or maybe they can accuse you of bailing on the Paris Accord telling the world that today's dollar means more than tomorrow

    Racism??---that's only a percent of the whole Trump experience
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,574 Senior Member
    Bushart wrote: »
    Maybe they'll get to accuse you of running up a record breaking deficit by lowering taxes on the wealthy and set the standard for deficit spending

    Or maybe they'll get to accuse you of side-stepping environmental concerns by opening protected lands for development---yay clean coal!!

    Or maybe they'll accuse you of endangering coastal states by broadening oil exploration off their coasts (All except the view from Mar lago)

    Or maybe they can accuse you of bailing on the Paris Accord telling the world that today's dollar means more than tomorrow

    Racism??---that's only a percent of the whole Trump experience

    Or maybe a lot of this is hyperbole and by putting Americas needs first for a term or two, we become stronger, and better positioned to address some of these issues. We have places today, where the conditions are worse than third world countries, right here in America. We have cities with murder rates that look like war zones. We need jobs! We need a booming economy. We need to help the minorities who have been struggling for generations, not the folks who walked across our border last week. What's so wrong with wanting to put our needs up front for a bit.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    Bushart wrote: »
    Well if you weigh opinions based on life achievements-(unlike the game show host who was born privileged) -and if you were savvy enough to sit on the board at Exxon---then people may respect or at least notice your opinion

    And his opinion of Trump I believe was F'n Moron

    I'm good with that. Just pick one.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,471 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    I'm good with that. Just pick one.

    Righties might prefer going with the Dirty Digger's (AKA Rupert Murdoch) conclusion after a conversation with him: "He's a f***ing idiot". More choices are good.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,098 Senior Member
    Perhaps, but I don't recall such vulgarity coming from a White House before.

    http://www.nbc12.com/story/19919569/top-profanity-in-potus-history
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    tonight, the latest from Comey. Wow.

    James Comey‏ Verified account @Comey

    All should appreciate the FBI speaking up. I wish more of our leaders would. But take heart: American history shows that, in the long run, weasels and liars never hold the field, so long as good people stand up. Not a lot of schools or streets named for Joe McCarthy.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,682 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »
    tonight, the latest from Comey. Wow.

    James Comey‏ Verified account @Comey

    All should appreciate the FBI speaking up. I wish more of our leaders would. But take heart: American history shows that, in the long run, weasels and liars never hold the field, so long as good people stand up. Not a lot of schools or streets named for Joe McCarthy.

    Ya mean...."Just punch em in da face" is not presidential?

    I believe Comic is too sensitive to be embarrassed ......Well.....we'll give em murderers and rapists.. and of course shithole countries..and maybe alternative facts...but come on Comic...Don't let the knuckle draggers label you "Snowflake"
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,339 Senior Member

    vul·gar
    [ˈvəlɡər]

    ADJECTIVE
    lacking sophistication or good taste; unrefined:
    "the vulgar trappings of wealth"
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,339 Senior Member
    Bushart wrote: »
    Ya mean...."Just punch em in da face" is not presidential?

    I believe Comic is too sensitive to be embarrassed ......Well.....we'll give em murderers and rapists.. and of course shithole countries..and maybe alternative facts...but come on Comic...Don't let the knuckle draggers label you "Snowflake"

    You're right, let's go with disgusted.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,339 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    So, I guess we're back to Trump being an idiot rather than an evil genius, since his proposed solution completely pissed off his base.

    In what way am I calling him an idiot? He is your drunk redneck uncle with a degree and a billion dollars. He did not run because he loves America, he ran because he hated Obama. He is not an evil genius and he is not an idiot. He is a classless jerk with no values or integrity. He will do whatever it takes to get the rubes to throw him a parade.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    In what way am I calling him an idiot? He is your drunk redneck uncle with a degree and a billion dollars. He did not run because he loves America, he ran because he hated Obama. He is not an evil genius and he is not an idiot. He is a classless jerk with no values or integrity. He will do whatever it takes to get the rubes to throw him a parade.


    You told me he wouldn't **** of his base, yet he just completely pissed off his base. So either he's not the guy you said he was or he's an idiot. It's one or the other.

    The idea that 63 million Americans are rubes is why Hillary lost.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    You told me he wouldn't **** of his base, yet he just completely pissed off his base. So either he's not the guy you said he was or he's an idiot. It's one or the other.

    The idea that 63 million Americans are rubes is why Hillary lost.

    I see even you have been taken in by Hil's voter fraud.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »
    I see even you have been taken in by Hil's voter fraud.

    LOL. Nicely done. :)
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,339 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    You told me he wouldn't **** of his base, yet he just completely pissed off his base. So either he's not the guy you said he was or he's an idiot. It's one or the other.

    The idea that 63 million Americans are rubes is why Hillary lost.

    How has he pissed off his base? An offer he will never actually commit to?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file