Sorry but this is not racist.

fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior MemberPosts: 21,201 Senior Member
'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Comments

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    Alvin Garrett just ran by to say hello.

(Actually, I agree with you, but H&M should have easily seen this coming).
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member
    The whole idea of calling a kid a monkey being a racist thing is so 1960's. I don't know that it even entered their consciousness.

I used to do a show in elementary schools in which we acted out an African Folktale and at one school the parents insisted that none of their kids play monkeys. I was like, you are taking the fun away from the children who do not have that perspective.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 820 Senior Member
    What kind of name is "The Weeknd"? Now that's all kind of messed up.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,846 Senior Member
    howard cosell agrees
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
    Curious George was Jewish.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Curious George was Jewish.

My head just exploded.
    Truth.

http://www.jewornotjew.com/profile.jsp?ID=597

Both Hans Augusto and Margaret Rey were German Jews. They actually met in the Amazon where Hans Augusto was photographing monkeys and such for magazines. Margaret Rey had decided to leave Germany when the **** originally rose to power and found herself in Brazil for a time and met Augusto.

They later moved to Paris and then fled once the **** seized France.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,551 Senior Member
    Agreeing with comic...i see that's happened in a few threads....mind blown. ;)
    “Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file