California? ****?

Comments

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,635 Senior Member
    It simply means that you do not force someone to live within a gender role and you let them live in a manner that suits them.

I hate to tell you this, but parents already do this. It happens all by itself. There's no such thing as non-binary, and the only thing we are doing is raising a bunch of screwed up kids.

And don't tell me to click on a link. The left's obsession with this is ideological, not scientific. Not that any of this matters. Any parent progressive enough to put non-binary on a birth certificate isn't having kids anyway. Our birthrate is plunging, and its happening the fastest at the intersection of affluence and ideology.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,204 Senior Member
    None. But I have known many transgendered people. I think that experience is more relevant to this discussion.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    sherb wrote: »
    I hate to tell you this, but parents already do this.

Then what difference does it make?

Like we have never before raised a bunch of screwed up kids.

If you read the link, you would know there is actual science. But we know you have already stated you have no interest in that.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,913 Senior Member
    Problem is, you are not interested in legitimate debate or hearing about the experiences of transgendered people or even science. You have decided long ago that this is deviant behavior and should be ostracized. Not once have you been willing to accept that there may actually be children that are struggling with gender identity, they are all just perverts trying to get into the girl's bathrooms.

Nah. I'm a minority. I'm pretty good with minority rights and realizing people are different. Again, I have no problem with an adult assigning themselves as non-binary.
    But you have a problem with parents not forcing traditional gender roles on children that may be uncomfortable with those roles? Tell me what is the outcome of this that is making you so uncomfortable.
    Problem is, you are not interested in legitimate debate or hearing about the experiences of transgendered people or even science. You have decided long ago that this is deviant behavior and should be ostracized. Not once have you been willing to accept that there may actually be children that are struggling with gender identity, they are all just perverts trying to get into the girl's bathrooms.

There is literally not one true statement in this entire paragraph.
    I think you have no idea what non-binary means.

Of course I know what non-binary means. But referring to somebody as "themselves" offends me from a grammatical perspective.
    Well no one said you had the right to not be offended.
    There is literally not one true statement in this entire paragraph.

Shall we go through your last posts on this subject? Heck let's just look at the previous one.
    Steven wrote: »
    Of course I know what non-binary means. But referring to somebody as "themselves" offends me from a grammatical perspective.

Its a good thing I'm not in college now. If i got to choose my pronoun it would be "your holiness" or something equally as grandiose. Why stop at he, she, ze, zir, etc.
    I hope the rapture comes soon. Poor grammar will be the death of this country.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 822 Senior Member
    None. But I have known many transgendered people. I think that experience is more relevant to this discussion.

For someone who's never raised a kid, you know all about it don't you. Kind of like the plight of the black man because you saw one walking down the street.
    Shall we go through your last posts on this subject? Heck let's just look at the previous one.

I know transsexuals exist. I don't consider it to be deviant behavior. But that's a tiny percentage of people. Gender identity is NOT having or even necessarily desiring a sex change. Why don't you do yourself a favor and educate yourself on what liberals actually believe. I think the radicalism of the entire movement would shock even you. The ideological premise undergirding gender identity is that gender is a fluid concept. But that only makes sense if sex (a) has no biological component and (b) can simply be chosen. Gender is not a term from the sciences. Its from Anthropology, and refers to sex roles, and not identity as a male or female. Its been co-opted by the left to serve as a stand-in for biology, which it was never intended to be and stretches the meaning of the term to its breaking point.
    I realize anecdotes are verboten in this type of discussion, but actual living, breathing, children will quickly disabuse one of the notion that gender can be chosen.
    LOL. I remember the Queen of Pain forbidding my son from having "violent" toys. Any small stick Boy Wonder found became a gun. Any larger stick was a sword.
    My two daughters held a wedding procession a couple of days ago, from the garage to the house. Which irritated me because I'm not paying to heat the garage. I told them to close the garage door. "We can't. Sophie is getting married today." Oh. My bad.
    CO Native wrote: »
    For someone who's never raised a kid, you know all about it don't you. Kind of like the plight of the black man because you saw one walking down the street.

For someone who has never known a transgender you seem to know a lot about their life experiences.
    Why don't you do yourself a favor and educate yourself on what liberals actually believe.

From where, NRO? I gave you link of what liberals actually believe, you chose not to read it.
    My two daughters held a wedding procession a couple of days ago, from the garage to the house. Which irritated me because I'm not paying to heat the garage. I told them to close the garage door. "We can't. Sophie is getting married today." Oh. My bad.

And what about that would be changed by what box someone checked on a birth certificate?
    And what about that would be changed by what box someone checked on a birth certificate?

absolutely nothing. So why do it? That's my whole point. Boys will still fashion sticks into guns and girls will have weddings and play with dolls. So check whatever box you need to check to satisfy the culture komissars, but don't feed me a line of **** about non-binary genders.
    why care?

BTW some boys will play with dolls and weddings and some girls will play with guns.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    I hope the rapture comes soon. Poor grammar will be the death of this country.

My birth certificate says "non-Grammarian"! And your wrongeth..
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    Non-binary simply means you are going the raise the kid as a human being and not a gender. The kid is going to be whatever they are going to be regardless. But I get it, some people are uncomfortable with people not living up to traditional gender roles. God forbid you give a boy an easy bake oven or a girl a baseball mitt.

Here is your chance to educate yourself.

https://martygreyson.wordpress.com/2017/02/13/the-case-for-non-binary-genders/

My personal opinion is that happiness is hard enough to come by in this life and I see no reason why anyone should live their life in misery because you are uncomfortable with their choices.

You can give a boy an easy bake oven and he still grows up as a "boy". Hell, I played with Barbie dolls as a kid. Since I only had 2 sisters, it was either that, or play by myself. You don't have to label them non-binary, whatever the hell that is. Answer to a non-problem.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    swizz wrote: »
    This is the first day I've heard of binary and non-binary people. I'll have to get back to you on that.

I know, right? Just keeping up with the new verbiage is difficult.
    Check out Asia Kate Dillon the first non-binary actor to win an Emmy.

Dillon was fantastic last season in Billionaire playing a non-binary character.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    If an adult wants to assign him or herself as non-binary have at it.

This is the key sentence in this whole discussion.

Not making that determination at birth.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,533 Senior Member
    I'm a man and I bring home the bacon.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
    This is the key sentence in this whole discussion.

Not making that determination at birth.

The point is that a determination is not being made at birth.
    Check out Asia Kate Dillon the first non-binary actor to win an Emmy.

Dillon was fantastic last season in Billionaire playing a non-binary character.

Hey, she/he/whatever (I am not exactly used to this pronoun thing either) is from Ithaca. Cool.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    I am hereby renouncing the term liberal. You may refer to me as a Democrat or progressive. This is a bridge too far.
    The far right may be a bunch of neo-fascists but the far left is a bunch of goddamned kooks.

Take for example the gay wedding cake fiasco. It’s just ridiculous. What gay couple really wants to have their wedding cake made by someone who hates them? If some religious nut won’t bake you a cake because of who you are then go on social media and get the word out that Bakery X is run by a homophobic moron. They will eventually go out of business.

The PC warriors on the left do more harm to the progressive agenda than anyone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file