California? ****?

StevenSteven Senior MemberPosts: 1,912 Senior Member
I just read in the WSJ, that as of October, new parents now have three choices for "sex" on their child's birth certificate:

Male, Female, and "Non-binary."

You have to be **** me.

Comments

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 820 Senior Member
    Many funny things here: http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-pol-ca-new-2018-laws/

Due to an experience that my son had, where do cops take these "ITs" to jail? The he jail or the she jail?
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    California...

Continuing to lead the nation in the **** department.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    I just read in the WSJ, that as of October, new parents now have three choices for "sex" on their child's birth certificate:

Male, Female, and "Non-binary."

You have to be **** me.

Why do you even care?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    Why shouldn't I? Is bringing up a child as non-binary good for society? This country?

Or is wondering about stuff like this no longer legitimate?
    Wondering about stuff requires you to educate yourself. We both know you have no interest in that.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    I come here so you can educate me. You don't think I'm surprised you replied, do you?
    Non-binary simply means you are going the raise the kid as a human being and not a gender. The kid is going to be whatever they are going to be regardless. But I get it, some people are uncomfortable with people not living up to traditional gender roles. God forbid you give a boy an easy bake oven or a girl a baseball mitt.

Here is your chance to educate yourself.

https://martygreyson.wordpress.com/2017/02/13/the-case-for-non-binary-genders/

My personal opinion is that happiness is hard enough to come by in this life and I see no reason why anyone should live their life in misery because you are uncomfortable with their choices.
    Non-binary simply means you are going the raise the kid as a human being and not a gender.

Are you sure this is a good thing?
    My personal opinion is that happiness is hard enough to come by in this life and I see no reason why anyone should live their life in misery because you are uncomfortable with their choices.

Sure, I agree. If an adult wants to assign him or herself as non-binary have at it. But that's not the case here.

Your article talks about why some people may not fit gender roles, not whether or not it's appropriate to assign a baby a non-gender. If I can assign my newborn son as non-gender, can I assign him as female upon birth?
    It's the birth certificate. When was the last time you looked at yours? Sure go ahead, it will not change who he becomes.

Well raising boys to be boys has lead to a lot of misery for girls, so raising them to be decent humans would probably be a positive change.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,533 Senior Member

I feel bad for you, cheer up man!
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
    It's the birth certificate. When was the last time you looked at yours? Sure go ahead, it will not change who he becomes.

This doesn't jibe with your other sentence.
    Well raising boys to be boys has lead to a lot of misery for girls, so raising them to be decent humans would probably be a positive change.

So, how many women have you harassed, harmed or abused? If the answer is none, which I suspect, it shows that the two aren't mutually exclusive.
    I don't know about none, I was a fourteen year old boy offering back rubs for the chance at some side boob.

Tell me how not forcing children to live within traditional gender roles would be harmful.

Regardless of how you raise someone they will choose the gender most suited to them. You did read the article right?

Every transgendered person was raised by traditional parents with traditional gender roles. Yet that did not influence their choices. It did however in many case make them hate themselves because society refused to accept them for who they are and told them that there was something horribly wrong with them.
    Let me ask you guys something, how many non-binary people have you known? Second question, would you refuse to talk to someone and get to understand them if they were?
    This is the first day I've heard of binary and non-binary people. I'll have to get back to you on that.
    This conversation right here is what's wrong with this world today. Just sayin'.
    You're what's wrong with the world.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,628 Senior Member
    Of all the days I have actual work to do. . .this thread comes along? Life is so unfair.
    I don't know about none, I was a fourteen year old boy offering back rubs for the chance at some side boob.

You say this like it's a bad thing.
    Tell me how not forcing children to live within traditional gender roles would be harmful.

I don't know, but can you tell me that raising a cis-gendered child as non-gendered wouldn't be harmful?
    Regardless of how you raise someone they will choose the gender most suited to them. You did read the article right?

Yep. I read the article. That's how I knew it wasn't on topic.
    Every transgendered person was raised by traditional parents with traditional gender roles. Yet that did not influence their choices. It did however in many case make them hate themselves because society refused to accept them for who they are and told them that there was something horribly wrong with them.

Letting parents designate a new-born as non-binary isn't the answer to this. Where's the science that says this is a good idea?
    Smacks of letting liberals feel good about themselves
    sherb wrote: »
    Of all the days I have actual work to do. . .this thread comes along? Life is so unfair.

Work has never stopped you before....
    Work has never stopped you before....

its probably not going to stop me today either. Back in a bit.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,462 Senior Member
    Is it a coincidence that this thread shows up right around the time that the rapture thread did? I don’t think so.The end is near. :)

Or is wondering about stuff like this no longer legitimate?

Nope.

Its been taken off the table. No longer the subject of legitimate debate. You might as well be George Wallace.

This is explicitly what de Tocqueville warned of: in a democracy, suppression of unpopular ideas doesn't come from the government. Opinion makers simply remove the option of discussing the issue at all, as if discussion of it were akin to arguing for the burning of witches.
    Can binary people make babies? I hope so, cuz we need more babies. Boomer generation is expiring.
    Problem is, you are not interested in legitimate debate or hearing about the experiences of transgendered people or even science. You have decided long ago that this is deviant behavior and should be ostracized. Not once have you been willing to accept that there may actually be children that are struggling with gender identity, they are all just perverts trying to get into the girl's bathrooms.
    Non-binary simply means you are going the raise the kid as a human being and not a gender.

If only it were that easy.

Its been my experience that most people who subscribe to the idea that humans are blank-slates don't have children themselves. Sure, there is some socialization that goes on. But not as much as you might think. Raising a HUMAN requires an understanding that sex is a biological reality and gender roles are complementary and only partially the result of socialization. There's a whole lot of nature in there.
    You say this like it's a bad thing.

I don't know, but can you tell me that raising a cis-gendered child as non-gendered wouldn't be harmful?

Yep. I read the article. That's how I knew it wasn't on topic.

Letting parents designate a new-born as non-binary isn't the answer to this. Where's the science that says this is a good idea?
    Smacks of letting liberals feel good about themselves

I think you have no idea what non-binary means.
    sherb wrote: »
    If only it were that easy.

Its been my experience that most people who subscribe to the idea that humans are blank-slates don't have children themselves. Sure, there is some socialization that goes on. But not as much as you might think. Raising a HUMAN requires an understanding that sex is a biological reality and gender roles are complementary and only partially the result of socialization. There's a whole lot of nature in there.

The person arguing that children are blank-slates is Steven. I get that certain personality traits are just there. Kind of like gender identity.
    I think you have no idea what non-binary means.

Not sure about him but I'm unclear because I don't click on links.
    It simply means that you do not force someone to live within a gender role and you let them live in a manner that suits them.
    Hey comic, how many kids have you raised? Just curious.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file