MerryHappyChristmasChanukahKwanzaFestivus

jbillyjbilly Senior MemberPosts: 4,554 Senior Member
I wish we could all learn not to be offended by everyone like this guy.

https://thefederalist.com/2017/12/18/turned-coworker-hr-gave-christmas-card-changed-heart/#disqus_thread
“Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
-Howard Screamin Dean

Comments

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,540 Senior Member
    Festivus....Is it time for airing of Grievances?
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,913 Senior Member
    The theme of this year's Holiday Party (official name) was festive sweaters.
    I was one of two people wearing an ugly Chanukah sweater.

Our CEO (who incidentally went to the same Catholic high school as my wife, just 15 years earlier), saw it, gave me a thumbs up, and walked away laughing.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    Great article. So many people don't consider that giving the gift is about the giver. I was always taught to graciously accept, to abide by others customs when in their home.

Unless you hand me a card that is completely ridiculing my faith, and even then, I won't say anything or choose to be offended. I'll smile, but just politely disassociate myself from future dealings.

My Papa old me once, when we were in the home of some brand new acquaintances, always accept a drink if offered. The lady of the house was a young, new bride, but I was a kid, wasn't thirsty and didn't want to trouble her, so I politely declined.

He told me later, when someone has guests they can tend to be nervous, so allowing them to wait on you gives them purpose and fulfilment. It's about them, not you. I've never forgotten his words.

Miss that wise man. Passed away this time last year.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file