Sad to See McCain Wont Make Vote

jbillyjbilly Senior MemberPosts: 4,548 Senior Member
I don't agree with him often, but f*&^ing hate to see him go out like this. Very f'd up. Best wishes sir.
“Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
-Howard Screamin Dean

Comments

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,355 Senior Member
    I'll drink to that.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,622 Senior Member
    He's one of my heroes. I hope and pray for his recovery. Barring that, I hope he feels at peace that he has done his best. He is truly a great American.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,355 Senior Member
    Order a second round, this time of Islay malt, on me.

It seems he has a severe viral infection, probably a result of the immuno-suppressive effects of chemotherapy. I wish him well, if not recovery then a peaceful and painless exit.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    Sad news, George. A great American.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    He’s one of my heroes. I hope and pray for his recovery. Barring that, I hope he feels at peace that he has done his best. He is truly a great American.

I may not have always agreed with where his head was, but his heart was always in the right place. No one can say when he is gone that he was not a true patriot.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    I channeled Pio and challenged a family member when he posted a video full of lies about McCain on FB. When I listed, in order, all of the lies and half truths in the post, he rebutted with, "yeah but he's voted with the libs more times than I can count. Why aren't you equally upset about that?"

I told him to post THAT video instead of one with lies about his service and lies about having to be pardoned by Nixon. I informed him about confirmation bias. He was dismissive of my education changing my views. I finally understood you libs becoming aghast at anti-intellectualism on the right.

I just hope I did Pio proud, as he asked me years ago when I had ever challenged my side. I miss that wise old man.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 613 Senior Member
    Good for you Buffco. Truth be told, people on the left do the same thing.

People can say what they want about McCain's position on the issues, but no one should question his courage, patriotism and enormous sacrifices for the country.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file