Senator elect Doug Jones, (D) Alabama

Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior MemberPosts: 5,298 Senior Member
That is all.

Comments

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,369 Senior Member
    Speaking of the Hizzonor Judge Moore:

Did anyone else notice that that the horse he rode in on (heh, heh) to the polling station was named Sassy, as was a magazine marketed to teen-aged girls?

Just askin'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sassy_(magazine)

Edit - Seriously, er , or at least somewhat seriously though, consider the idea that the GOPoT&M actually won because they will not have a live albatross named Moore hanging around the neck of every candidate in 2018, while the Dems won very little; one vote in the Senate and a few fleeting moments of feel-good.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Shades of former POTUS candidate Gary Hart cheating on his wife on a yacht called "Monkey Business".
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »

Edit - Seriously, er , or at least somewhat seriously though, consider the idea that the GOPoT&M actually won because they will not have a live albatross named Moore hanging around the neck of every candidate in 2018, while the Dems won very little; one vote in the Senate and a few fleeting moments of feel-good.

No, the tax bill will take care of the Republican's screwing themselves over. That's a pretty big albatross.
    And with a super-slim majority every seat becomes that much more important.
    The tweets from Dolt45 this AM should be epic. I’m sure he will make us all proud to be Americans!
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 613 Senior Member
    I am pleasantly surprised. Even better, the Rs are fighting amongst themselves as to who to blame. Gotta like it!
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    I am pleasantly surprised. Even better, the Rs are fighting amongst themselves as to who to blame. Gotta like it!

When you put a crappy candidate forward expect to lose. Just ask the Dems and Hillary.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,554 Senior Member
    “Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean
    jbilly wrote: »

The Onion had a headline something like "Roy Moore to Retire From Politics; Plans to Spend Free time With Someone Else's Daughter."
    George K wrote: »
    Speaking of the Hizzonor Judge Moore:

Did anyone else notice that that the horse he rode in on (heh, heh) to the polling station was named Sassy, as was a magazine marketed to teen-aged girls?

Just askin'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sassy_(magazine)

George, this was the narrative on at least two right wing fascist radio programs today. “Thank God Roy Moore didn’t win because it would have hurt the Republican brand... “

While somewhat true these same fascists were getting out the vote for him on Monday and Tuesday. Hilarious.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,462 Senior Member
    I wouldn’t have not voted for him because of the allegations. Allegations that are almost as old as I am. If we’re going to let unprovable allegations shape our future elections, due process be damned, then we’re in trouble. I wouldn’t have voted for him because he has serious issues separating church and state, and he’s a pretend cowboy. Pretend cowboys are f-ing weird.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,226 Senior Member
    Don't forget that Moore was removed, twice, from the Alabama Supreme Court. Once for commissioning a 10 Commandments Monument, and once for telling "until further decision by the Alabama Supreme Court, the existing orders of the Alabama Supreme Court that Alabama probate judges have a ministerial duty not to issue any marriage license contrary to the Alabama Sanctity of Marriage Amendment or the Alabama Marriage Protection Act remain in full force and effect."
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,540 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    I wouldn’t have not voted for him because of the allegations. Allegations that are almost as old as I am. If we’re going to let unprovable allegations shape our future elections, due process be damned, then we’re in trouble. I wouldn’t have voted for him because he has serious issues separating church and state, and he’s a pretend cowboy. Pretend cowboys are f-ing weird.

HEY!...HEY!....HEY!......Ease up there pardner
    Pretend cowboys are f-ing weird.
    5a620d5568e2cbf4c2cab3c8ab624871--trump-putin-political-party.jpg
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,369 Senior Member
    What if Donny wants to be Russia tonight?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,540 Senior Member
    You mean....Back in the USSR....You don't know how lucky you are, boy....
    Pretend cowboys ARE weird!
    newyorkdailynews_mooreroy_121317.jpg?itok=EphXR2Yp
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,635 Senior Member

THANK YOU.

Having known (a very few) real cowboys, there is nothing worse than the faux cowpoke. Cool buckle. You must be a software engineer.
    Even if Jones hadn't molested a 14 year old girl (that he picked up at a custody hearing, no less) and hadn't disregarded numerous federal court orders, the cowboy hat and the horse would have forced me to vote for the lib.
    Alabama. Cattle Country, USA!
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    Well, Alabama is ranked 25th in cattle population.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    If a hipster from Seattle can play a banjo, I can wear a cowboy hat as I tend my 15 head. ;)
    I will murder anyone and their entire bloodline to prevent the wearing of cowboy boots by lawyers in court.
    My in-laws now wear cowboy boots. They live in suburban SLC. It is disturbing af.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,462 Senior Member
    Almost as bad is the hipsters with the beards... Yea, I went there.
    They are both abhorrent but at least the hipster thing is somewhat unique. The K-Mart cowboys are trying to emulate something. I mean, how many people do you see dressing up like astronauts or steel workers?
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    I will murder anyone and their entire bloodline to prevent the wearing of cowboy boots by lawyers in court.
    Gerry has a reserved a seat for you.

aboutaccent-2.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file