Four for Four

123457»

Comments

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,199 Senior Member
    They said they same thing about Ireland.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    They said they same thing about Ireland.

Hmm, and we never bombed or invaded them. I wonder how they managed?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,199 Senior Member
    There was essentially a British occupation.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    Weren't you also as supporter of the Iraq war?

Can't get 'em all right. But you asked me if I was ever right, not if I was ever wrong.

For the record, here's a couple of more on the correct side:
    Arab Spring would be a disaster.
    Peak Oil was ****
    That's a classic jbilly. So true.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    Not from my experience. Tell us about the time you were right about something?

EVERYTHING.

I'll not stand for this, not one bit.
    Hey,

Chag Chanukah Sameach, Buff
    Steven wrote: »
    Hey,

Chag Chanukah Sameach, Buff

Chag Chanukah Sameach, Steven. Thanks for teaching me so many Hebrew phrases.
    That one's Hebrew.

Most are Yiddish thoug. In Yiddish you say, "A freilichen Chanukah" (Happy Chanukah) or "A lichtich Chanukah" (Have a bright Chanukah).

So my sister lives in the Dallas area. Her oldest boy hit on the idea of making "Chanukah" jelly donuts all week and selling them on Facebook. According to my sister, "The Christian people are taking them to their bible studies."
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,533 Senior Member
    That one's Hebrew.
    Do you have Shebrew? If not, I find your beliefs to be sexist.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,621 Senior Member
    Does anyone actually still speak Yiddish as a first language? I was wondering about this as I was reading Exodus for the eighth time last week. I don't know why I love that book so much.
    Yes. The Ultra-Orthodox. Go to certain areas of Brooklyn and that's all you'll hear.

It's a great book.
    Which Exodus are you guys talking about? The book in the Torah/Bible? Or the Uris novel?
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,621 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Which Exodus are you guys talking about? The book in the Torah/Bible? Or the Uris novel?

The Uris novel.
    They're both pretty good.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
    Yes. The Ultra-Orthodox. Go to certain areas of Brooklyn and that's all you'll hear.

It's a great book.

St. Louis Pk, suburb of Mpls, you'll hear it there too.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    St. Louis Pk, suburb of Mpls, you'll hear it there too.

And among Native Americans.

MelBrooks1.jpg
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 613 Senior Member
    Defying Trump, U.N. General Assembly Condemns U.S. Decree on Jerusalem

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/21/world/middleeast/trump-jerusalem-united-nations.html?_r=0

The vote was 129 to 9, with 35 abstentions.
    And this surprised no one.

About the same vote that got the Palestinians non-member observer status. About the same vote that got the Palestinian flag flying at the U.N. as well.
    Bunch of racists they are, Obama, Bush, Clinton, and Trump.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,066 Senior Member
    I couldn't read all this...

Let's just say, The U.S.can now mirror Kansas which is the poster child for all things republican, Right to work, low, low taxes, huge debt,...., growth?? hahaha.....it's really a long list of proving that supply side economics is such utter fantasy. Now america can become fanstasyland...interesting book by the way. We are "exceptional" in that we are some of the few that still live in a fantasy land of out own making. Blame the pilgrims -> Methodists+baptists=evangelicalism...where the truth is whatever you say it is. I guess it has reached fulfillment. LOCK HER UP!

I hope you are all doing well.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
    Wrong thread. This is discussing how Trump, Netanyahu and Evangelicals are set to bring about peace in the Middle East or the End Times.

Your post belongs in the "If Rubio Gets the Child Tax Credit Thing Done."

Hope you're feeling well. How's your back?
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,462 Senior Member
    This lady!

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley threatened U.N. member states and the United Nations with funding cuts if the U.N. General Assembly approved a resolution calling President Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel "null and void."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBzcB8Sov1M
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    This lady!

U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley threatened U.N. member states and the United Nations with funding cuts if the U.N. General Assembly approved a resolution calling President Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel "null and void."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBzcB8Sov1M

I thought I read something yesterday that said the Great US is 1.8 billion in arrears to the U.N.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,798 Senior Member
    Get the USA out of the UN and get the UN out of the USA.
    Go girl.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    Wetdog wrote: »
    I couldn't read all this...

Let's just say, The U.S.can now mirror Kansas which is the poster child for all things republican, Right to work, low, low taxes, huge debt,...., growth?? hahaha.....it's really a long list of proving that supply side economics is such utter fantasy. Now america can become fanstasyland...interesting book by the way. We are "exceptional" in that we are some of the few that still live in a fantasy land of out own making. Blame the pilgrims -> Methodists+baptists=evangelicalism...where the truth is whatever you say it is. I guess it has reached fulfillment. LOCK HER UP!

I hope you are all doing well.

Ummmm...it's Kansas. Not like anyone actually wants to live there.
123457»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file