How’s that Russian Collusion investigation going?

Comments

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,345 Senior Member
    Thanks for the insight, guys!
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,089 Senior Member
    smoking weed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This explains a lot. 😅😅😅

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,329 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    Yea our country is being ripped apart over nothing burger. you guys stock up on the popcorn. Pass me the 22 LR's please.

If this were Hillary you would be screaming. "Lock her up!"
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,555 Senior Member
    If this were Hillary you would be screaming. "Lock her up!"

Not yet I wouldn't. I don't see where anything wrong has been done here except lying, which he's already been removed from this admin over. This still very much feels like a witch hunt. This President hasn't been popular with the establishment since day one. He was pretty much elected to break up this behind the scenes government working in the interest of big corp and not the people. It's my belief that they had best be very cautious how they handle this President. If they try to take him out, they better have some very compelling evidence against him. Because the feeling I get, is that his election was a shot over the bow of the establishment.

But I may get to scream it later as she's not in the clear yet.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,546 Senior Member
    I just crapped out a nothing burger with extra Joy Behar sauce.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,848 Senior Member
    he was pretty much elected to break up this behind the scenes government working in the interest of big corp and not the people.

hahahahahahahahahaha
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,450 Senior Member
    "He was pretty much elected to break up this behind the scenes government working in the interest of big corp and not the people."

That was just one of his campaign slogans that was a lie that would have made P. T. Barnum blush, and it's amazing that some of his supporters still believe that he is trying to do that rather than to help big corporations and the very rich at the expense of the rest of us. All of his policies are to that end and those few of his appointees who aren't simply unqualified want to dismantle government for - guess what! - the benefit of big corporations, Wall St., and the very rich.

If they are fully successful this will be paid for by our children and their children for generations to come, or at least until Democrats, center-right Republicans or some new moderate party takes control.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Not yet I wouldn't. I don't see where anything wrong has been done here except lying, which he's already been removed from this admin over. This still very much feels like a witch hunt. This President hasn't been popular with the establishment since day one. He was pretty much elected to break up this behind the scenes government working in the interest of big corp and not the people. It's my belief that they had best be very cautious how they handle this President. If they try to take him out, they better have some very compelling evidence against him. Because the feeling I get, is that his election was a shot over the bow of the establishment.

She hadn't done near what these guys have already been demonstrated by their emails to have done and you wanted her head!
    He was pretty much elected to break up this behind the scenes government working in the interest of big corp and not the people.

How is that working out?
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    George K wrote: »
    "He was pretty much elected to break up this behind the scenes government working in the interest of big corp and not the people."

That was just one of his campaign slogans that was a lie that would have made P. T. Barnum blush, and it's amazing that some of his supporters still believe that he is trying to do that rather than to help big corporations and the very rich at the expense of the rest of us. All of his policies are to that end and those few of his appointees who aren't simply unqualified want to dismantle government for - guess what! - the benefit of big corporations, Wall St., and the very rich.

If they are fully successful this will be paid for by our children and their children for generations to come, or at least until Democrats, center-right Republicans or some new moderate party takes control.

I think that the True Believers aren't worried about that, George. If Fox News says the swamp is being drained then that is what they are going to believe. Even with evidence to the contrary it won't bother them because he is still spouting off his nationalistic world ideals. There's no red meat here (except for the tax bill which is another subject) but they don't care.

1) Yeah, they got Flynn for lying. They didn't charge him with anything else (and oh boy it's a loooong list) because he flipped and is helping Mueller's team with the investigation. Flynn would have been sent to a federal pound him in the **** prison if it were not for his cooperation. Probably his son too. They had him dead-to-rights on many and various charges. Why else would he cooperate?

2) It may seem like a witch hunt because Mueller's mandate is a broad one. He is charged with investigating what happened with the Comey firing. But it also includes any links between Trump campaign associates and Russia, as well as "any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation," according to the letter appointing him. Its not unlimited power, but anything related that he happens to dig up is fair game. Things like Trump's financial ties to Russia, etc. are all fair game.
    This is on Trump and his staff. It's not a witch hunt to investigate possible criminal activity. As I said before, ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

3) "They better have some very compelling evidence against him." That is where this thing is going. Do you think Mueller is going to indict the President's son-in-law (and perhaps his son too) on some willy-nilly ****? No, he is going to bury him with charges that are backed with strong evidence. Unlike the Trump Administration, this investigation isn't amateur hour.

4) "...the feeling I get, is that his election was a shot over the bow of the establishment." I will agree with you on that up to a point. A lot of people of all political persuasions are upset how things are being run in Washington. We are all sick of subsidies for huge corporations and crony-capitalism. But what you are missing is this was also a repudiation of Barrack Obama's administration along with a visceral reaction to the left's social overreach.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,964 Senior Member
    Bunch of talking heads saying that what Flynn pled to is so small, that's it's quite possible there's not much there to begin with.

Meanwhile, ABC News suspended reporter Brian Ross after erroneously reporting that Michael Flynn was set to testify that Trump had directed Flynn to contact the Russians (supposedly this was to talk about working jointly on things like ISIS). Turns out that Ross had been in trouble before for falsely reporting that the guy who shot up the Aurora theater had ties to the Tea Party.

And in further news, the federal agent that was removed from his post for sending anti-Trump text messages during the campaign led the FBI's investigation into Hillary's illegal use of her private email server and was also the top agent on the probe into Russian interference in the election. Now it seems he's working for Mueller.
    Steven wrote: »
    Bunch of talking heads saying that what Flynn pled to is so small, that's it's quite possible there's not much there to begin with.

Meanwhile, ABC News suspended reporter Brian Ross after erroneously reporting that Michael Flynn was set to testify that Trump had directed Flynn to contact the Russians (supposedly this was to talk about working jointly on things like ISIS). Turns out that Ross had been in trouble before for falsely reporting that the guy who shot up the Aurora theater had ties to the Tea Party.

And in further news, the federal agent that was removed from his post for sending anti-Trump text messages during the campaign led the FBI's investigation into Hillary's illegal use of her private email server and was also the top agent on the probe into Russian interference in the election. Now it seems he's working for Mueller.

There's a very corrupt establishment that's doing everything they can to silence and delegitimize anything conservative. It's blatantly obvious to most.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,964 Senior Member
    I hate to be a Black Helicopter, UN taking over the world type, but it's tough to disagree.

John Harwood, who is a guy I really thought was about as fair and balanced as a lefty could be, has gone off the deep-end.
    you cannot be a Trump supporter and accuse anyone of going off the deep end.
    There's a very corrupt establishment that's doing everything they can to silence and delegitimize anything conservative. It's blatantly obvious to most.

Seek help. Trump is doing plenty on his own to delegitimize himself.

You are two steps away from telling us the solution is to eliminate the money system.

BTW lying is all you ever had on Hillary or Bill and you couldn't even prove that.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,833 Senior Member
    You are two steps away from telling us the solution is to eliminate the money system.

What"s wrong with that, it is the only solution to the corrupt political system.
    Steven wrote: »
    I hate to be a Black Helicopter, UN taking over the world type, but it's tough to disagree.

John Harwood, who is a guy I really thought was about as fair and balanced as a lefty could be, has gone off the deep-end.

You don’t have to be a black helicopter UN taking over the world lunatic to see that there’s something really strange going on here.

The Washington Post and the New York Times reported Saturday that a lead FBI investigator on the Mueller probe, Peter Strzok, was demoted this summer after it was discovered he’d sent anti- Trump texts to a mistress. As troubling, Mr. Mueller and the Justice Department kept this information from House investigators, despite Intelligence Committee subpoenas that would have exposed those texts. They also refused to answer questions about Mr. Strzok’s dismissal and refused to make him available for an interview.
    The news about Mr. Strzok leaked only when the Justice Department concluded it couldn’t hold out any longer, and the stories were full of spin that praised Mr. Mueller for acting “swiftly” to remove the agent. Only after these stories ran did Justice agree on Saturday to make Mr. Strzok available to the House.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/muellers-credibility-problem-1512432318
    You don’t have to be a black helicopter UN taking over the world lunatic to see that there’s something really strange going on here.

Actually no you do.

The Washington Post and the New York Times reported Saturday that a lead FBI investigator on the Mueller probe, Peter Strzok, was demoted this summer after it was discovered he’d sent anti- Trump texts to a mistress. As troubling, Mr. Mueller and the Justice Department kept this information from House investigators, despite Intelligence Committee subpoenas that would have exposed those texts. They also refused to answer questions about Mr. Strzok’s dismissal and refused to make him available for an interview.
    The news about Mr. Strzok leaked only when the Justice Department concluded it couldn’t hold out any longer, and the stories were full of spin that praised Mr. Mueller for acting “swiftly” to remove the agent. Only after these stories ran did Justice agree on Saturday to make Mr. Strzok available to the House.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/muellers-credibility-problem-1512432318

The fact that he was fired shows you conspiracy theory is full of holes. Do you think there were no Hillary haters involved in the email investigation?
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 621 Senior Member
    Actually no you do.

The fact that he was fired shows you conspiracy theory is full of holes. Do you think there were no Hillary haters involved in the email investigation?

Not only that, but the thing about a criminal investigation is that investigators are looking for facts that, if the investigation results in criminal charges, will then be scrutinized in a court of law and the court of public opinion. Any opportunity to game the investigation carries a big risk that a rigged result will blow up in the gamer's face.

Bottom line: this is a non-substantive, horseshit issue.

But, I get that it plays well with Trump supporters.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I have a question for George and Goldenladle. Sorry to pick on you guys for your, uh, "experience and wisdom" but not many of us here were around for Watergate.
    So... What was the political climate like when the heat really started to get hot for Nixon? Was 1/2 of the American media on his side? Were a majority of conservatives in complete denial?

Nixon had been the inventor of the "soft on communism" label for Dems in his senate campaign in California, and he was strongly anti-union (who were at the peak of their power), so people on the left really hated him. And yes, the press hated him, and it was mutual. I think Conservatives sensed that Nixon wasn't really a true believer,( he imposed mandatory price controls to fight inflation) but supported him. But the Viet war, violent protests, and the draft was on, and it inflamed everyone's emotions. Everyone was angry. Protesters and onlookers shot at a distance by National Guard troops at Kent State: the NG weren't even supposed to have bullets. Without the anger over the war, I think its possible that the GOP in Congress would have continued to support him, and he could have survived Watergate. I was back from VN service when he resigned, and very happy to hear the news.
    People now spend much time just laughing at the circus that is Donald. They didn't laugh about Nixon or the war. That said, Nixon could never have gotten away with the crap that Trump does. Different times.

To be fair, he signed the National Environmental Policy Act that created the EPA and the EIS process, the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, and other environmental laws, broke the bamboo curtain by meeting with Red China, and did other things liberals in time liked. But, he delayed the VN treaty by years because he wanted to wait till after his reelection.
    Thanks for the insight, Creekguy.
    Nixon used the line that Dems were soft on Communism so often that it was a truism that only he could restore full relations with China - any Democrat who had attempted to do so would have been accused of treason by Nixon. It's good to remember that the label "Tricky Dickey" was applied to him long before Watergate; he was a complete sleazebag. When he was VP under Ike, Eisenhower despised him and, as I recall, endorsed his candidacy for President reluctantly or not at all when he ran against JFK.

So yes, the press, liberal, conservative and in the middle did not like him. But then again, almost no one who dealt with him did. As his presidency became mired down in scandals (VP Agnew taking bribe $$ in his EOB office, then Watergate of course) he became ever more paranoid (google "Nixon enemies list"). His appeal to "the silent majority" was in some ways the forerunner of Trumpsters, but they were more tradional lower middle class. The 1960s were a time of enormous political and social upheaval. Nixon was the wrong man at the wrong time, but he also did a number of good things (see below).

I suppose some conservatives were in denial, but most Republicans agreed at the end that he had to go. He resigned rather than face impeachment and near certain conviction.

As a measure of how much the GOPoT has changed since then, look at a few of Nixon's policy innovations and achievements that today's Republican's would rather not remember.

- He founded the EPA.
    - He began a "war on cancer" with $100 million in federal research funds.
    - He proposed a negative income tax as an anti-poverty measure (not enacted by Congress).
    - He signed Title IX, the civil right legislation that forced colleges to take women's athletics seriously.
    - He enforced the integration of schools throughout the South and border states.
    - He ended the war in Viet Nam, albeit by selling-out the South Vietnamese.
    - He (and Henry Kissinger) made pragmatism an important part of U.S. foreign policy without completely abandoning principle. The greatest benefit was the policy of "detente" with the Soviet Union, and, of course, normalization of relations with China
    - He ended forced assimilation of native Americans, and he increased tribal autonomy.
    - He began a program for energy independence after the oil embargo of 1973.

These accomplishments reinforce the fact that almost nothing in life is black and white, it's usually shades of gray.
    The reason I find this place so interesting can be found in several of the posts above. We might not agree on everything politically, but I do believe that you guys are good to the core. Thanks for taking the time to share.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,546 Senior Member
    I saw a report that the Mueller collusion probe is now under House investigation. That's interesting, hope everything's ok.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,643 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »

What"s wrong with that, it is the only solution to the corrupt political system.
    There will always be some form of money. Even if money as we know it today goes away, something will always be traded for something else (a good or service). There will always be corruption in a political system. The best I think we can do is get hard on the those who are corrupt. Start handing out maximum prison sentences and some, but not all, of that will go away.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    I can only add that there always will be a "medium of exchange", be it gold or other precious metal, U$S or or other currency real or digital, furs, wampum, clay discs or energy credits. Despite what Ed B and others may believe you can't change human nature
    CNN makes the best nothing burger on the planet.
    How many black helicopters can you see out your window right now?
    CNN makes the best nothing burger on the planet.

Why would you watch cable "news" for anything? I like CNN's election night coverage but that is it.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,833 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    I can only add that there always will be a "medium of exchange", be it gold or other precious metal, U$S or or other currency real or digital, furs, wampum, clay discs or energy credits. Despite what Ed B and others may believe you can't change human nature

A closed mind is a detriment to improvement in the human condition. Sadly, this seems to be the prevailing state of mind. Human nature has always adapted to changing conditions in the physical environment and will readily adapt to the end of the money system.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file