These Folks Have Guts

Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior MemberPosts: 621 Senior Member
Especially since they are in Texas.

Profane anti-Trump sticker sparks free-speech debate in Texas

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/16/texas-sheriff-reportedly-threatened-disorderly-conduct-charge-over-trucks-anti-trump-sticker.html

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,555 Senior Member

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/11/16/texas-sheriff-reportedly-threatened-disorderly-conduct-charge-over-trucks-anti-trump-sticker.html

They have a complete lack of class. You're probably also correct that they have alot of guts. Literally.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 621 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    They have a complete lack of class. You're probably also correct that they have alot of guts. Literally.

Yeah, as much as I do not like President Trump I agree with you on both scores.

Personally, I am not into putting any bumper stickers, political or otherwise, on my vehicle.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 878 Senior Member
    I don't think that sort of language should be allowed. Raising kids is hard enough without them asking what that means if you know what I mean. As far as the message, it's your right. Might get your **** kicked, but that's a chance you'll have to take.

Here's a story on how they get you in trouble. A friend of mine is a state trooper working 287 between Fort Collins and the Wyoming state line. One night before Christmas he had a Wyoming car fly past him. He was going to write the guy a warning because it was the end of the shift, but when he pulled him over he saw bumper sticker that said "LIVE IN COLORADO - FISH IN COLORADO". Well, my buddy is a fisherman. He asked what they were in such a hurry for and the guy told him they were coming down to Fort Collins for some last minute Christmas shopping.
    He wrote him up and when he had him sign the ticket, he told him "If you live in Wyoming, you should shop in Wyoming". The dudes wife punched and him and said "I told you not to put that on the car".
    It's called "consequences".
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,450 Senior Member
    I've never put a bumper sticker on my car, but there are a few I've seen that I like:

"Kali Is My Co-Pilot" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kali_by_Raja_Ravi_Varma.jpg

"Nice Truck, Sorry About Your Tiny ****" (on a VW convertible driven by a young woman)

"My Kid Is Prisoner Of The Month At The County Jail"
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    A friend has a "Proud Veteran" sticker, and claims it has gotten him out of several tickets. (He was stationed as a draftsman in the states)

I have an Obama sticker still there, and have gotten several tickets. However, my TU sticker may have got me out of a ticket in Salida, Co. along the Arkansas.

What I might chose to stick on: "if you can read this, thank a teacher".
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,758 Senior Member
    I have a bunch of jarhead stickers, but they are unit specific. You would have to know what you're looking at to draw any meaning from them.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    I have a bunch of jarhead stickers, but they are unit specific. You would have to know what you're looking at to draw any meaning from them.

cat-header-crayonSoldiers.jpg?sw=1920&sh=716
    good one.

I will murder you in your sleep.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,546 Senior Member
    I have these two offensive stickers on my work truck.
    38454840282_9d5b13726f_b.jpg2017-11-17_12-35-11 by Me, on Flickr
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member

To respond: A display of profanity where children will see or hear it is discourteous ANYwhere. Not that they don't know what it is, but it's just discourteous to the parents.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,761 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »

Curious, where was your sense of morality when all the anti-Obama stickers were out there?

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,807 Senior Member
    I don't recall seeing any Puck obama stickers. That word does get ones attention.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    good one.

I will murder you in your sleep.
    Do the purple ones taste like grape?
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,643 Senior Member
    Curious, where was your sense of morality when all the anti-Obama stickers were out there?

I saw a similar sticker about Obama in Texas. Same profane word. I think also mentioned people who voted for him.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,329 Senior Member
    dont-re-****.jpg
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

I don't remember the topic so I don't know what I said? What I do know is that my sense of morality doesn't change with the election outcome. I'd share the same opinion of that sticker if it said Clinton or anybody else. It shows a total lack of class.
    hqdefault.jpg

Bumper-Sticker-Maine-Quicker-Obama1.jpg
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Hey Mike, this your truck?

174696.jpg
    Buffco wrote: »
    Do the purple ones taste like grape?

I prefer magenta. Nice aftertaste.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,761 Senior Member

174696.jpg

I swear I've seen that truck over here.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

174696.jpg

Idaho,,, Pfft. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file