The Loss of American Influence.

ricinusricinus Senior MemberPosts: 6,214 Senior Member
My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...

Comments

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,798 Senior Member
    Oh my, more pertinent information.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Oh my, a rapier like thrust..

Mike
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Oh my, more pertinent information.

MAGA... yes sir

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,798 Senior Member
    You have to start at home.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    We've been Trumped!
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Home isn't going to mean much if we go into a global recession caused by Captain Clueless.

Mike
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    Captain clueless is no longer president.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    You have to start at home.

He's been in office six months. When is he going to start?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Captain clueless is no longer president.

Version II, sorta like Windows..

Mike
    Actually I shouldn't criticize him. He has abdicated as the Leader of the Free World, so I don't have the right to mock him..

Mike
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    To use a British expression, he's Putin's poodle. Or so it seems.

I am so, so happy to be retired, and not posted at an Embassy or Consulate General having to put a happy face on this pile of odiferous turds trying to pass for an Administration.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
    ....but George, he's our savior. #MAGA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    T
    I am so, so happy to be retired, and not
    working as a scientist in a federally funded program and watching important projects get terminated.
    I'm waiting for the Energy Star program to be terminated. ES has caused the industry I work in a lot of grief and thousands of dollars spent on R&D costs. It has also cost our customers more money to the buy products we make.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member
    Yeah...seen the big snub

Ya know--if you wish to have your voice heard you should be at the table---this isolationist path is doing just that---your alone sitting in the corner

And before you say who cares....The EU..China...India...Russia are still at the table---I guess your ok with their directions

Ask yourself about self sufficiency ----foreign cars---Made in China Wal Mart Shelves (Wanna pay 200 bucks for a made in USA drill now selling for 29.95...Canadian lumber...etc etc)

Saudia Arabia is at the table???---China is on the verge of a lithium battery that will have a 200 hr charge for those electric cars.....(Fracking??)
    I'm waiting for the Energy Star program to be terminated. ES has caused the industry I work in a lot of grief and thousands of dollars spent on R&D costs. It has also cost our customers more money to the buy products we make.

As most of the West has bought into the program, this would be another step backward..

Mike
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member
    I look for that energy star label when I purchase. You abandon that and you would lose market share.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    I look for that energy star label when I purchase. You abandon that and you would lose market share.
    When it doubles the cost of the product you may think twice about purchasing that product. Especially when you spend $10k instead of $5k to get a measly $200 tax credit from the gubment.

Me too, in fact it's hard too find any quality product that doesn't have an Energy Star label..

Mike
    When it doubles the cost of the product you may think twice about purchasing that product. Especially when you spend $10k instead of $5k to get a measly $200 tax credit from the gubment.

I only know household appliances and none of them are anywhere close to double the cost for an Energy Star Rating. Besides you're quoting upfront costs and not long term savings.

Mike
    ricinus wrote: »
    I only know household appliances and none of them are anywhere close to double the cost for an Energy Star Rating. Besides you're quoting upfront costs and not long term savings.

Mike

I'm not talking household appliances.

The long term savings are fractions of a penny for the products we sell. The increased cost and payback time isn't even close to being justified. All the person gets a warm fuzzy feeling in their stomach and measly $200 tax credit for paying double the price.
    Yeah **** the earth.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Me too, in fact it's hard too find any quality product that doesn't have an Energy Star label..

Mike

Just because it has an energy star label, it doesn't mean it's a quality product.
    Yeah **** the earth.

Make Earth Great Again!!!
    Just because it has an energy star label, it doesn't mean it's a quality product.

You're twisting what I said.

Mike
    I'm not talking household appliances.

The long term savings are fractions of a penny for the products we sell. The increased cost and payback time isn't even close to being justified. All the person gets a warm fuzzy feeling in their stomach and measly $200 tax credit for paying double the price.

Drop your Energy Star rating and see how your sales go..

Mike

But if it does not save energy it is definitely not a quality product. But go ahead and offer a substandard product and see how that goes.
    Drop your Energy Star rating and see how your sales go..

Mike

That's just it. It's a game of marketing with no real tangible benefit for the products we sell. So we suck it up and spend thousands of dollars on R & D and sell the products for the twice the cost just so they meet the energy star criteria.
    But if it does not save energy it is definitely not a quality product. But go ahead and offer a substandard product and see how that goes.

Products can save energy but can be a POS at the same time.

For instance about 10 years ago we selected a GE washer and dryer based on the energy consumption shown on the label. That was a mistake...one of biggest POS of products we've owned in a while. Constantly breaking and fixing something since the day we bought it until finally we bought new ones this spring.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member

At some point, I'm going to upgrade our kitchen appliances. I hope Joe's wishes come though so I can buy a fridge that is powered by a 12-cylinder CAT diesel. I'm going to bypass the exhaust system and "roll coal" with my fridge.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file