Aaaand my employer insurance was cancelled

BuffcoBuffco Senior MemberPosts: 9,571 Senior Member
"Seven years since the passage of the ACA..."

"Worked tirelessly to keep up with the frequent and unpredictable changes in the ACA..."

"Unfortunately we do not see any end..."

"Can no longer deal with the volatility of the group insurance market..."

December 31 2017. Here we go.

Comments

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    Thanks for the opinion pieces. I should forward them to my insurance company.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,366 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear it. I hope you find an alternative.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear Buffco.

Maybe in 2018 you can check into some energy credits.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    "Seven years since the passage of the ACA..."

"Worked tirelessly to keep up with the frequent and unpredictable changes in the ACA..."

"Unfortunately we do not see any end..."

"Can no longer deal with the volatility of the group insurance market..."

December 31 2017. Here we go.

Will your employer be paying you more to go on the exchanges?
    it is so adorable that you believe this sort of thing never happened before the ACA. Employers have been coming up with excuses to cut health care costs for decades.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,221 Senior Member
    it is so adorable that you believe this sort of thing never happened before the ACA. Employers have been coming up with excuses to cut health care costs for decades.
    I believe it's the insurance company that dropped Buffco, not his employer cutting healthcare.
    So are you suggesting there are no other options for insurance that his employer could negotiate for?
    Maybe they're looking right now?
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,799 Senior Member
    I believe it's the insurance company that dropped Buffco, not his employer cutting healthcare.
    I do believe Buffy is the employer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    Steven wrote: »
    Will your employer be paying you more to go on the exchanges?
    Don't know yet.
    Did you miss the part where this was our insurance who cancelled on us? My employer found out a couple days before we did.
    Maybe they're looking right now?
    We're reactionaries. We'll freak out January 1.
    We're reactionaries. We'll freak out January 1.
    Republicans?
    Republicans?
    What gave it away?
    What gave it away?
    The fact y'all are reactionary.
    Did you miss the part where this was our insurance who cancelled on us? My employer found out a couple days before we did.

And again, is this his/her only option?
    And again, is this his/her only option?
    The take away is there are fewer options. And those that remain are more expensive.

Just so long as we're providing insurance for those precious 27 year olds who aren't buying anyway.
    That damned Aetna.

I wonder who my insurance company was trying to merge with?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file