Confession time

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,462 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Just as an example to counter Buffy, I really didn't like bourbon. At all. But that opinion was based on Jim Beam and Jack Daniels. Those two are garbage. My wife likes a bourbon now and again and she got a Eagle Rare 17 Year in a bar in Missoula a few years ago. I tasted it and was like, "Wow, this is actually really tasty." I ordered one also.

Speaking of hops, the highest compliment I can give to a freshly poured beer upon sniffing it is "Mmmm, smells like Pine-Sol!" Love me some hoppy, danky, piney hopped-up beer.

First, Jack Daniels isn't Bourbon. It's Tennessee Whisky. Second, it's a **** fine whisky when poured over ice. Third, it's a mans drink. :) Jim Beam is garbage.

Bourbon is one of those drinks that seeps from your pores the next day after a good drunk. Makers Mark for example, it tastes ok while you're drinking it. The constant bourbon burps and sweats the next day make my stomach want to hurl just thinking about it.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    I'm mostly just yanking y'all's chain. I never could get a taste for beer and I've tried them all.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Which one would you like to try? #15 is a favorite of mine. All distinctly different and much different/better than bud/miller/coors/pabst...

15621641_652922341561087_2562692944985978071_n.jpg?oh=fd8ebfd3893d923b7f40a4601a322df1&oe=59CEA4CB
    I love a good IPA, but I mostly drink Mich Ultra, from a can...
    MikeA wrote: »
    but I mostly drink Mich Ultra, from a can...

Because you're watching your weight yes?
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,627 Senior Member
    I am so utterly scandalized by Buffy pouring coke over any kind of sour mash and calling it a drink. I don't know if I can go on.
    sherb wrote: »
    I am so utterly scandalized by Buffy pouring coke over any kind of sour mash and calling it a drink. I don't know if I can go on.

I thought you liked diet coke? Aren't you the one who pours it over your potatoes like gravy? :p;)
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,066 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    No.

You've been drinking too much cheap ****. Either that or your taste buds are off because of medicines' side effects (as are mine from methotrexate, but my memory is not). Beer, wine and spirits all have subtle degrees of difference in taste and finish that may be difficult to describe, but are not at all difficult to discern.

BTW -Sherry is a fortified wine, not "booze". Cheap sherry is vile, good sherry is not. Unfortunately, really good sherry is far more expensive than I am willing or able to pay.

I am not talking the cheap ****. I have A friend that loves the VERY expensive stuff. I'd say that he tries to make me love it every year. I guess his PHDs (and the rest) have never taught him about subjectivity, not even of the taste buds.

"No" what?

And no I haven't drank cheap anything in years and years. And of course my taste is "off" how could it not be, and of course I have had no alcohol, I just got out of the hospital three days ago for open heart. Alcohol isn't too great for transplants. I have to admit that I don't understand what you have judged in my comments that brings you here. seriously. I am only using "Booze" to differentiate Beer, Ales and Mead from Whiskeys, Wines, .....

I drink less and less because I have no interest in alcohol other than a "great" Scotch or Irish with a dinner. I don't buy $100+ bottles anymore and I'll never buy any fine Cognacs, I've never liked them, cheap or $$$$, they don't tickle my buds in the least, much like many can't stomach Scotch. What I "should" like has no bearing on my tastes, not in alcohol, not in Beer, not in Art, not in anything. In these categories it's all subjective. Doesn't matter that the experts say about a painting, what school the artist was in (Hudson Valley" etc, how he differentiates the use of light and color, I can appreciate what's there but if I don't like it, I don't care about it anything but in an academic way. I've been told for decades that I am a fool and a heathen for not liking Mozart. I appreciate certain academic components, but to he's every bit as "good" as Paul McCartney. I may dislike Paulies little nonsense ditties, but I am not going to look down on anyone that does. It's all subjective.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    Which one would you like to try? #15 is a favorite of mine. All distinctly different and much different/better than bud/miller/coors/pabst...

15621641_652922341561087_2562692944985978071_n.jpg?oh=fd8ebfd3893d923b7f40a4601a322df1&oe=59CEA4CB
    You pick. I'll hate them all equally.

Gotta cut the strong taste of alcohol with something.
    Gotta cut the strong taste of alcohol with something.

I. . . don't. . . .Sorry, I'm having a physical reaction. Hives, I think. It itches.

A splash of water to cut the scotch a bit. Otherwise, nothing. Unless you're one of the Basques from the old country. They like cheap Canadian whiskey and Sprite.
    I. . . don't. . . .Sorry, I'm having a physical reaction. Hives, I think. It itches.

A splash of water to cut the scotch a bit. Otherwise, nothing. Unless you're one of the Basques from the old country. They like cheap Canadian whiskey and Sprite.
    Crown and Sprite is good. That must be it, I'm Basque.

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member

You strike me as a C.C. and coke kinda guy.. Not that there's anything wrong with that..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    Because you're watching your weight yes?

I cut every cal I can where drinks are concerned.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,220 Senior Member
    First, Jack Daniels isn't Bourbon. It's Tennessee Whisky. Second, it's a **** fine whisky when poured over ice. Third, it's a mans drink. :) Jim Beam is garbage.

Bourbon is one of those drinks that seeps from your pores the next day after a good drunk. Makers Mark for example, it tastes ok while you're drinking it. The constant bourbon burps and sweats the next day make my stomach want to hurl just thinking about it.
    Whiskey. We are in America.

He probably puts ketchup on his hot dogs too.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,220 Senior Member

He also prefers Pepsi over Coke.

I don't think he's a real Southerner. Possibly not even a true American. (Of course, he is a Ginger.....)
    Whiskey. We are in America.
    **** your attention to detail! I never noticed...
    He probably puts ketchup on his hot dogs too.
    Yeah I put ketchup on a hot dog. Sometimes a little mustard if I'm feeling frisky.

I don't put that slaw crap on there.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 820 Senior Member
    I prefer bottles unless it's going with me in the camper or fishing, then cans.

Plus, if we all drink enough beer in cans, then maybe there'll be a shortage of aluminum and Ford can go back to making trucks from steel like a truck should be. Just sayin'.
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,533 Senior Member
    I don't drink fire water of any kind but can appreciate a good ol Coke a Cola in a bottle on rare occasion, far better than a can.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,066 Senior Member

Two droplets of water can change the profile immensely. Any good Scotsman will tell you that.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    They like cheap Canadian whiskey and Sprite.

It's whisky ****..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    CO Native wrote: »
    I prefer bottles unless it's going with me in the camper or fishing, then cans.

Plus, if we all drink enough beer in cans, then maybe there'll be a shortage of aluminum and Ford can go back to making trucks from steel like a truck should be. Just sayin'.

Ha, ha! What components exactly are manufactured from aluminum in the newer Fords. I've heard it is the body panels.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member

Well, it looked like the Jewish thing wasn't progressing as well as planned. You gave up on the Mormon faith fairly quickly; I thought the potential was there. That said, I look forward to Sherb being the arbiter of bp (Basque Points).
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member
    It's all the same. Malty, hoppy ****.

I partially agree. I don't like a lot of hops. I avoid IPA beers. Give me a good Belgian style ale.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Ha, ha! What components exactly are manufactured from aluminum in the newer Fords. I've heard it is the body panels.
    The bed, for one.
    Well, it looked like the Jewish thing wasn't progressing as well as planned. You gave up on the Mormon faith fairly quickly; I thought the potential was there. That said, I look forward to Sherb being the arbiter of bp (Basque Points).
    Steven was being awfully stingy with the Jew points. The Mormon thing... Nah. Too weird.

Sherb? Can I get a Basque rating?

Love me some hoppy, danky, piney hopped-up beer.
    In a past life you were a British soldier stationed in India.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    My best friend just sent me this text message. "IPA stands for I Puked Again."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file