Confession time

sherbsherb Senior MemberPosts: 1,628 Senior Member
I don't like any beer that doesn't come in a can. I'm sorry, it's just the truth.

Come at me bros.

Comments

• EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,833 Senior Member
    I don't like canned beer because I have arthritis in my neck and my nose is too big so I can't tilt the can enough to drink all the beer in the can.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,628 Senior Member
    Ok. Unexpected hot take from Ed. I'll further confess I hadn't considered that possibility.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    It's a well known fact that beer tastes better out of the bottle. Even the crappy beer.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member
    EdB wrote: »
    I don't like canned beer because I have arthritis in my neck and my nose is too big so I can't tilt the can enough to drink all the beer in the can.

Answer of the day!!!......Straw???:)
    sherb wrote: »
    I don't like any beer that doesn't come in a can. I'm sorry, it's just the truth.

Come at me bros.

OK....Turn in your Beer card....Somebody get a rope
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,366 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »

Come at me bros.
    Some are OK if you pour them into a glass, some taste "canned" no matter what. I think it's a matter of the physics of the opening and whether the can is lined, and with what.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    It's a well known fact that beer tastes better out of the bottle. Even the crappy beer.

Holy cow, I agree with Joe!

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    George K wrote: »
    Some are OK if you pour them into a glass, some taste "canned" no matter what. I think it's a matter of the physics of the opening and whether the can is lined, and with what.

Guinness in the can with the widget to get the proper head when pouring..

Mike
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member
    Bottled

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    I'm agnostic about good beers. If I have a choice (same beer, different container) I will choose cans for their recyclability. I recycle all of my glass but I have to go to the recycling center. I feel like such a degenerate drunk when I offload cases and cases and cases of bottles.

Cheap beer is soooo much better in a can. The aluminum covers up the taste and gives it a certain zing.
    FishTX wrote: »
    Bottled

Unibroue totally rocks! I particularly love their "Don De Dieu" and "La Find Du Monde."
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,628 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »

Cheap beer is soooo much better in a can. The aluminum covers up the taste and gives it a certain zing.

So much this.
    Boys...Boys...look at it this way

You can buy a doz cans of coke/pepsi--for 25 cents and a red licorice stick---here---it costs like 5 bucks for a 6 pack of coke/pepsi in glass bottles---wanna know why...taste better in glass
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    Here's another confession:

I hate all beer. It all tastes the same. Craft, mass produced, bottle, can... It's all the same. Malty, hoppy ****.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Buffco wrote: »

I hate all beer. It all tastes the same. Craft, mass produced, bottle, can... It's all the same. Malty, hoppy ****.

I bet this really cut into the number of Keggers you were invited to..

Mike

Craft tastes totally different than the mass produced stuff.

Right here, folks. This is why the south lost the war.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,066 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Holy cow, I agree with Joe!

Mike

That's two of us....with exceptions. That super hot day...I just don't call those "beers, just moisture. A friend gave me a bud after a very hot day in the garden. I thought how can I refuse...I didn't, it went down so fast. On that day, that moment, it was the best beer ever made. My first legal beer (we had been going to a couple bars in Madison for over a year by that time) was a bud that my bud brought over . He is still my friend. :)
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Right here, folks. This is why the south lost the war.
    I don't understand drinking something that tastes bad. You want a buzz? Get liquor and pour it in some Coke.

Craft tastes totally different than the mass produced stuff.

No it doesn't. That's the same thing the bourbon snobs tell each other. Fermented corn.... tastes like fermented corn. Doesn't matter what you call it.

So some beers are a little more hoppy. And that's what the bearded flannel wearing hipsters who craft this stuff do.. See how much hops we can pack in this soup sandwich. But ultimately it's the difference of eating **** from someone who ate tacos for lunch vs the **** from a crack head hobo who had a moldy bologna sandwich two days ago. It's still ****.
    I don't understand drinking something that tastes bad.

No argument from me. Interested in V8 or a Broccoli smoothie? blahhh. I don't want any buzz, don't need it.

edit remember your tastes aren't better than someone elses
    Industrial beer, cheap wine, cheap booze, gin, vodka = infant formula or MRE/C Rations
    House booze, gin, vodka, most wine, upscale industrial beer = fast food/cafeteria food
    OK wine, run of the mill "craft beer", your finest vodkas = chain dining
    Good (NNE - not necessarily expensive) wine, good craft beer, your gin of choice = decent restaurant
    Upscale Scotch and bourbon, good (NNE) wine, the best beer and ale = fine dining
    Really good single malt, superb wine, really good vintage port, really good aged bourbon, really good cognac and other really good brandy = Michelin starred dining/Ambrosia!

Just sayin' :)

p.s. Artisan water = con job

p.p.s. for Buffy - All beers are not the same, and only really crude Bourbons are all corn. The good ones incorporate barley and wheat, are aged and and see a variety of wood in the barrels they age in. What you are saying is no different than some bozo saying a $1.99 supermarket pork chop is no different than a heritage Berkshire hog chop.
    Very representative

The only booze, I cant choke down is Sherry, I have no appreciation for it at all. It may as well be cat urine.:p

You have to understand that most people start out hating beer, most just get used to it and eventually develop some pleasure from it...a buzz, a drunk, a social excuse.... Some just hate it forever. I think Buffy is in that last category....

edit Artisan water = con job....no kidding
    No.

You've been drinking too much cheap ****. Either that or your taste buds are off because of medicines' side effects (as are mine from methotrexate, but my memory is not). Beer, wine and spirits all have subtle degrees of difference in taste and finish that may be difficult to describe, but are not at all difficult to discern.

BTW -Sherry is a fortified wine, not "booze". Cheap sherry is vile, good sherry is not. Unfortunately, really good sherry is far more expensive than I am willing or able to pay.
    Just as an example to counter Buffy, I really didn't like bourbon. At all. But that opinion was based on Jim Beam and Jack Daniels. Those two are garbage. My wife likes a bourbon now and again and she got a Eagle Rare 17 Year in a bar in Missoula a few years ago. I tasted it and was like, "Wow, this is actually really tasty." I ordered one also.

Speaking of hops, the highest compliment I can give to a freshly poured beer upon sniffing it is "Mmmm, smells like Pine-Sol!" Love me some hoppy, danky, piney hopped-up beer.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,221 Senior Member
    I don't understand drinking something that tastes bad. You want a buzz? Get liquor and pour it in some Coke.

Coke? I think you wear lace panties....

And as far as the bourbon snobs go: I'm not one, but I can tell a difference in bourbons and Tennessee whiskeys. Not just between the two types, but among makes: Early Times and Jim Beam White Label are horrid, Jack Daniel's No. 7 is tolerable, as is Jim Beam Black. Bulleit, George Dickel's creations, Gentleman Jack, and the like are all getting better. Have to admit, I've never had a really "good" high-end whiskey. Afraid of ruining myself.

If you're drinking it with some adulterant, you won't notice. The proper way to have a whiskey is either neat or with just a little ice.

If the liquor is so good why you pouring it over coke? I drink liquor straight up over a few cubes of ice...but it's not the cheap stuff.

No it doesn't. That's the same thing the bourbon snobs tell each other. Fermented corn.... tastes like fermented corn. Doesn't matter what you call it.

So some beers are a little more hoppy. And that's what the bearded flannel wearing hipsters who craft this stuff do.. See how much hops we can pack in this soup sandwich. But ultimately it's the difference of eating **** from someone who ate tacos for lunch vs the **** from a crack head hobo who had a moldy bologna sandwich two days ago. It's still ****.

Super hoppy beers are awful. I'm not much of a fan. A lot of the craft brewers have realized that and have moved away from doing that...brewing more stouts, lagers etc. Which taste waaaaay different than super hopped up beers.

But yea...I can tell the difference between the craft beer I drink locally and one of the big 3 beers.

Your palate is broke...

If the liquor is so good why you pouring it over coke? I drink liquor straight up over a few cubes of ice...but it's not the cheap stuff.

It's not all that good. It tastes like alcohol. It's easier to drink than beer.

I'm mostly just yanking y'all's chain. I never could get a taste for beer and I've tried them all.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file