I think we should discuss this.

Comments

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member
    Then there is no reason to convict since 99% of the people viewing that video, including his police force, felt he overreacted. But that was not the explanation in the Dept of Justice investigation in Ferguson. They said as I recall that all that matters is what the officer felt.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    THC stays in your system, there is no way to determine if he was high at the time.
    Reynolds admitted they smoked earlier that day before they were pulled over.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member

Irrelevant.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    I need someone to explain to me about how gun laws were initially racist and also about the black panthers. I've missed some things in life. Like, a lot of things.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member

"Earlier that day" is vague. How early? One joint won't give you an all day high. A large bong won't keep you wired for a week. How many stoners do you know who are violent when high. Are they gonna mug you for a bag of Doritos?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
    Not that this matters but canibus does have a half life. You may not feel physically high after a few hours, but it is in your system and stays there for a day or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

You may not feel physically high after a few hours, but it is in your system and stays there for a day or so.

I believe more than a day. Ever have friend ask for your urine before his job interview?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    I believe more than a day. Ever have friend ask for your urine before his job interview?

Nope, but if someone did they would receive some impressively clean pee.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Not that this matters but canibus does have a half life. You may not feel physically high after a few hours, but it is in your system and stays there for a day or so.

More than a day or so...

http://herb.co/2017/02/03/long-weed-stay-system/

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I need someone to explain to me about how gun laws were initially racist and also about the black panthers. I've missed some things in life. Like, a lot of things.

http://theweek.com/articles/582926/how-ronald-reagan-learned-love-gun-control

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act
    Then the jury is freaking stupid.
    My point all along here has been if a person has a some sort of criminal history and/or known drug use it will come into play in a case like this.

I'm thinking if he hadn't been pulled over 52 times and there was no THC found in his system...the jury might have made a different decision in this case.

You're right, he deserved to die.
    Then the jury is freaking stupid.

I don't know how you can come with that from the article. We don't know if marijuana use and driving violations were discussed by the jury. All we can assume is that the defense wanted to paint a unfavorable picture of Castile, and persuade them that Yanez's fear was reasonable.

You're right, he deserved to die.
    I never said that.

I don't know how you can come with that from the article. We don't know if marijuana use and driving violations were discussed by the jury. All we can assume is that the defense wanted to paint a unfavorable picture of Castile, and persuade them that Yanez's fear was reasonable.
    Winner, Winner chicken dinner. That's why the stuff I brought up matters.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 820 Senior Member
    Interesting. This must be a right-wing talking point. I've heard this a few times now from folks. I honestly don't get the point of making the comment. What exactly would I (or apparently a very large % of the population) fail at in their training? And for fairness let us assume that we applicants weren't all old and frail. Assuming we are in our mid-20's or younger like most other applicants what exactly would I fail at?

Because you're soft and don't have the mindset to deal with the stress. 20% of the people that want to be cop wash out under the pressure.
    The way you badmouth all cops, it's obvious that you're jealous of the people that have the balls to do the job.

And if anyone thinks that marijuana use is a contributing factor, they are stupid.
    CO Native wrote: »
    Because you're soft and don't have the mindset to deal with the stress. 20% of the people that want to be cop wash out under the pressure.
    The way you badmouth all cops, it's obvious that you're jealous of the people that have the balls to do the job.

Has anyone here bad mouthed all cops?
    Here is a left wing talking point I find interesting. Why is it okay for a police officer to panic, but the guy having a gun pointed at him must remain calm?
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    Here is a left wing talking point I find interesting. Why is it okay for a police officer to panic, but the guy having a gun pointed at him must remain calm?

I don't think that's a left wing talking point. I agree, the cop should remain calm as well. They don't know when it's a gun or a stick of gum, though. Yanez went way over the top in this case. Castile could have helped, but I think Yanez shouldn't be wearing a badge. I've tried to place myself on the jury. Would I convict? Hard to say. He'll live with this the rest of his life.
    CO Native wrote: »

Stress? Pressure? You realize Im in the air traffic control business, right? 20% wash out rate? That's lame AF. Are they giving those snowflakes a safe space and a mid-day nap?
    Has anyone here bad mouthed all cops?

That would be me.
    Stress? Pressure? You realize Im in the air traffic control business, right? 20% wash out rate? That's lame AF. Are they giving those snowflakes a safe space and a mid-day nap?

As an ATC...How many people do you have to deal with at work that have a gun in their pocket and are high on marijuana?
    The marijuana is irrelevant and you do not know he was high. I suggest you not treat Reefer Madness like a documentary.
    The marijuana is irrelevant to you. But it was relevant in the court case.

Attorneys for officer claim Castile was high on marijuana, not responsive to commands.

Gray said that autopsy results indicated Castile has high levels of THC in his blood, the chemical responsible for marijuana’s psychological effects, and was “stoned” while driving that day. The memo said Reynolds confirmed that the two were “smokers,” had marijuana in the car and had smoked marijuana before the stop that day.

“The status of being stoned (in an acute and chronic sense) explains why Mr. Castile, 1) did not follow the repeated directions of Officer Yanez; 2) stared straight ahead and avoided eye-contact; 3) never mentioned that he had a carry permit, but instead said he had a gun; and 4) did not show his hands,” the memo said.
    And he lied. You cannot measure toxicity. THC stays in your system for several days. He is heard in the video saying several times that he was not reaching for his gun. He was responding to the officer's commands.

Marijuana does not make you aggressive, or stupid. Stop watching Reefer Madness as fact.
    The thing is...It doesn't matter what you or anyone else thinks. What happened in court is what matters.

What is this reefer madness thing you are talking about?
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,462 Senior Member
    He is heard in the video saying several times that he was not reaching for his gun.

Well that clears it up then. He said he wasn't doing something, therefore he wasn't. I'm sure he would have said he wasn't stoned too. Nobody in prison is guilty either.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file