Guys , post something

Comments

• EugeneEugene Member Posts: 50 Member
    Buffco, fishing for catfish was never a mainstay of my outdoor pursuits. The main reason to chase catfish, IMO, is for food. And I never could tell the difference between farmed and wild once you dipped a filet in batter and fried it up.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member
    Jim,

You sure he isn't Kanaloa. The world savvy guy, pretending to be down to earth, or maybe the reverse. He with the college professor wife. Ask him how he feels about Whataburger.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    Jim,

You sure he isn't Kanaloa. The world savvy guy, pretending to be down to earth, or maybe the reverse. He with the college professor wife. Ask him how he feels about Whataburger.

No way. Kan-man was never this articulate. His writing style was much less on point.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    No way. Kan-man was never this articulate. His writing style was much less on point.

Less on point or pointless?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    FishTX wrote: »
    Less on point or pointless?

Ha, ha! Both I guess. I can see where Kanola is a fair guess though. The whole line about none of this, or anything else, meaning much of anything rings of Kan.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,221 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Maybe his medication's been changed?
    Maybe his medication's been changed?

I laughed at this way more than I should have!
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
    Getting colder ⛄️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Getting colder ⛄️

Cryptic comment. Colder could mean the guesses are further from the identity of a former member. Or it could mean driving yourselves nuts trying to pin the new guy's traits to that of a former member. Either way, Eugene and Michael are getting a chuckle.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    Getting colder ⛄️

So, it's Monkey then?

Wait a minnit.... It's YOU!
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    I don't really care who he is, but it appears that he popped in from the ether, didn't seem to introduce himself, and set about offering analysis. I'm surprised he hasn't erected a booth with a "Psychiatry 5 Cents' banner. Just rude form in my opinion. And, no, I never thought he was the Kan-man, he doesn't have the class.

Jim
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Eugene wrote: »
    you've created what Kanaloa would have called a "head movie," and for once he would have been right.

Boy, Eugene, if you remember Kanaloa and recall his use of "head movie", you have either been a decadal-scale lurker, or a past poster who has changed his handle. At any rate, if you intend to be taken seriously, hiding in anonymity brands you as a bit of a troll. There are so many pleasures in life, but getting a rise because you pissed off a Lodge member doesn't strike me as worthwhile. Maybe you are indisposed in bed-ridden traction perhaps, with no other way to spend your time.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    Cherno
    Steven wrote: »
    Cherno
    That's the name I was looking for. Counselor, wasn't he?
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Cherno

Good Choice..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • CorporalSullyCorporalSully Member Posts: 38 Member
    Been a while. How is everyone?
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,628 Senior Member
    Been a while. How is everyone?

yut

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • CorporalSullyCorporalSully Member Posts: 38 Member
    Rah!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I would have used fewer exclamation points, but there are apparently rules.
    Getting colder ⛄️

Don't go spilling beans. You'll ruin your own fun.
    creekguy wrote: »
    Boy, Eugene, if you remember Kanaloa and recall his use of "head movie", you have either been a decadal-scale lurker, or a past poster who has changed his handle. At any rate, if you intend to be taken seriously, hiding in anonymity brands you as a bit of a troll. There are so many pleasures in life, but getting a rise because you pissed off a Lodge member doesn't strike me as worthwhile. Maybe you are indisposed in bed-ridden traction perhaps, with no other way to spend your time.

These are my favorite posts. The ones where people pretend that The Lodge is some sort of genteel salon or private club where you've all come for reasoned but spirited discourse and polite but vigorous disagreement. "Why, good fellow, I've not seen you since that day at the Royal Society. Best of luck running into you as I need your counsel on the best elephant gun for my trip to the dark continent." When the reality has been on display here for years now. The reality where half the Lodgeans bailed out to quite literally form a new group that calls itself the Klan (no, the use of the "c" did not fool anyone), where one of the funniest trends in your history is a running joke about a made up religion that sounds vaguely fecal, and every political argument ends in references to sheep and kool-aid. Creekguy, being called a "troll" on this board is like being called "rich" in a Trump cabinet meeting.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,628 Senior Member
    This is not Pio.

Once again, I'm wrong on the internets.
    Eugene wrote: »
    These are my favorite posts. The ones where people pretend that The Lodge is some sort of genteel salon or private club where you've all come for reasoned but spirited discourse and polite but vigorous disagreement. "Why, good fellow, I've not seen you since that day at the Royal Society. Best of luck running into you as I need your counsel on the best elephant gun for my trip to the dark continent." When the reality has been on display here for years now. The reality where half the Lodgeans bailed out to quite literally form a new group that calls itself the Klan (no, the use of the "c" did not fool anyone), where one of the funniest trends in your history is a running joke about a made up religion that sounds vaguely fecal, and every political argument ends in references to sheep and kool-aid. Creekguy, being called a "troll" on this board is like being called "rich" in a Trump cabinet meeting.

Cherno
    Cherno

Well this fits. "Psychiatry 5 Cents"

Great Grandson :)
    Savannah. Now that we know that, you guys can go back to trying to figure out if she is a he or not.

Great Grandson :)

LOL. Funniest answer yet.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,366 Senior Member
    For the Drs. Watson, Captains Hastings and all fans of British mysteries here, may I be so bold as to point out a whopping big clue on page 14. :)
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    George K wrote: »
    For the Drs. Watson, Captains Hastings and all fans of British mysteries here, may I be so bold as to point out a whopping big clue on page 14. :)

So it's Goldie after all.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,221 Senior Member
    It's Blue Ox.
    I was going to mention Blue Ox.

If I remember correctly, altar egos were deemed a banning offense following Blue Ox.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file