COTUS is unanimous for the Slants

StevenSteven Senior MemberPosts: 1,912 Senior Member
No more safe space at the trademark office, I guess.

Edit: What the hell happened to the "S?"

Comments

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    Read that the band leader still thinks the Redskins ought to change their name.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,627 Senior Member
    Gov Dean, call your office. They have a message for you.
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 50 Member
    A pretty predictable outcome.

Buffco, are you suggesting that the owners, staff, and players at the Redskins are Native American? That would literally be the only way that your comment was something other than a bitchy whine.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    You have a lack of history here, Eugene.

Sometimes, it shows.
    Eugene wrote: »
    A pretty predictable outcome.

Buffco, are you suggesting that the owners, staff, and players at the Redskins are Native American? That would literally be the only way that your comment was something other than a bitchy whine.
    Here we go again. If you are so upset about not being welcomed here, perhaps think about your antagonistic replies?

I thought it was ironic that this group fought for free speech, even if said speech is deemed offensive by some, yet they don't think that the Washington team has the same right.

The takeaway is offensive speech is only allowed when the person is of the ethnic background or group being stereotyped by said speech. No I don't think the owners are native American, and I also think that is beside the point.
    Did the Slants say that the Redskins should change its name or that the Redskins should be forced by the government to change its name? Those are two very different things.
    Steven wrote: »
    Did the Slants say that the Redskins should change its name or that the Redskins should be forced by the government to change its name? Those are two very different things.
    Indeed they are different.

The Slants are suggesting that only the identifying group may use terms deemed offensive to said group. I just happen to disagree.
    Just as long as I don't have to change my Fighting **** team mascot.

So, when the newly graduated Eden was applying for colleges five years ago, she applied to, in her words, "Jew-lane." (A very common nickname for Tulane among Jews given the very large Jewish population there).

My wife, the shiksa queen, goes totally PC telling Eden she can't say things like that.

The then 17 year old Eden looked at her stepmother and said, "I can say that. YOU can't say that."
    I will no longer accept hearing the word Ginger from those without two copies of a recessive MC1R allele.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    Somewhere a snowflake is melting...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Somewhere a snowflake is melting...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    As an extremely pasty skinned human, I also find the term snowflake to be offensive.
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 50 Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Here we go again. If you are so upset about not being welcomed here, perhaps think about your antagonistic replies?

I thought it was ironic that this group fought for free speech, even if said speech is deemed offensive by some, yet they don't think that the Washington team has the same right.

The takeaway is offensive speech is only allowed when the person is of the ethnic background or group being stereotyped by said speech. No I don't think the owners are native American, and I also think that is beside the point.

Calling it as I see it. White dude complaining because minorities think "Redskins" is a disrespectful choice is being a whiny ****. You probably also think that either african-americans should stop using the n-word, or that you should be allowed to use it. Which, if true, would again prove you to be a whiny ****.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    As an extremely pasty skinned human, I also find the term snowflake to be offensive.

You need some more time in the sun. Just don't melt.
    Eugene wrote: »
    Calling it as I see it. White dude complaining because minorities think "Redskins" is a disrespectful choice is being a whiny ****. You probably also think that either african-americans should stop using the n-word, or that you should be allowed to use it. Which, if true, would again prove you to be a whiny ****.

As you see it.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member
    What Ch'ya figure Buff---Think we can get him to say "Hello Murrica"...once for ole times sake
    Bushart wrote: »
    What Ch'ya figure Buff---Think we can get him to say "Hello Murrica"...once for ole times sake
    I really don't know. He's either really a long time lurker (the most disturbing) or an old one come back.

Either way, he's having a good time. I'm glad.

Sentence structure very monkey-esque
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member
    I will no longer accept hearing the word Ginger from those without two copies of a recessive MC1R allele.

Grandad and his progeny are/were Gingers. Does that mean I can at least call you Red?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member

Really, you think?

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

I'm staggered if that's him.
    I think its Pio.

The only thing that gives me pause is Eugene's promiscuous deployment of standpoint epistemology to make his points, where Pio was more of a materialist. But I also suspect Eugene is a moniker, employed to pay homage to Eugene V. Debs. The lack of typos suggest someone other than Pio, but maybe he's being careful not to give away the game.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Monkey, Pio, **** I was going with Mr. Right..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    sherb wrote: »
    I think its Pio.

The only thing that gives me pause is Eugene's promiscuous deployment of standpoint epistemology to make his points, where Pio was more of a materialist. But I also suspect Eugene is a moniker, employed to pay homage to Eugene V. Debs. The lack of typos suggest someone other than Pio, but maybe he's being careful not to give away the game.
    Pio never called me a whiny little ****. Ever. He was never this nasty.

Pio never called me a whiny little ****. Ever. He was never this nasty.

Maybe not to you. But make no mistake. Pio can bring it when he wants to.

here's a quote from Debs:

I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth; I am a citizen of the world.

The rootless cosmopolitanism manifest in Debs' quote is vintage Pio, even though the sentiment tends to be found more among the technocratic elite nowadays.
    I'll bet the mods know.
    I'll bet the mods know.

Goldenladle seems to be suggesting the primate.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member
    But I also suspect Eugene is a moniker, employed to pay homage to Eugene V. Debs.
    Interesting theory, but the theory could also be wobbly.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Well boys...I base my theory of the Primate--on one thing...

I asked a question long ago when the monkey run with us (or a point was made) either or...and I recall how the response was structured....I see similarities in Eugene's answers

I.. R..an Arteest...But I.. R.. not stupid

I may be wrong ---but if so---Eugene went to the Monkey writing school

Anyway---Monk man if that's you...C'mon Brother we got catchin up to do---we're all cool (ish :) )
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    Sherb,
    Do you have any idea how much **** I had to Google after your last few posts in this thread?
    Come on, man. I'm busy at work here!
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    I was thinking Pio but the vitriol is too unprovoked. Then again, if you are trolling anonymously he may be using that, along with spell check, to throw us off the trail.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file