Guys , post something

Comments

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member
    Eugene wrote: »
    I'll bet you think people at parties are no fun because their jokes go over your head.

Also, your definition of "political" is quite odd.

Ok an attack on my boy Buffy is an attack on us all---Mr.Eugene---I will require your zip code that I may send you a stale beavertail and flat Labatt's 50---yes be afraid
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    I'll bet you think people at parties are no fun because their jokes go over your head.

Also, your definition of "political" is quite odd.

Socioeconomic, then.
    I own about 50 shirts. So I'm really lucky.

I am winning at the game of life. Collars and all.

No, privileged. And your attitude makes you entitled. It's like you aren't paying attention to Eugene's dreck at all.
  • EugeneEugene Member Posts: 50 Member
    You Lodge denizens are so easy to play, your reactions so predictable.

You band together like a tribe who perceives a threat from an unknown scourge from the gods. Tribalism is what we were meant to leave behind. Sadly, small minds will grasp old ways of thinking, anything to avoid the discomfort of challenging one's own patterns of perception and behavior. Buffco takes pleasure from thinking that here, on the internet, in a place that doesn't actually exist, he is welcome, at home, among friends. fishingcomic plays the world-weary, self-defined iconoclast, pretending to be one who has seen and done so much, having earned a wry take on life. Steven imagines himself edifying the ignorant, explaining the "important work" going on in his metropolis which he incorrectly thinks drives, from behind the scenes, what goes on in so many other places. GeorgeK plays the enlightened upper cruster, well-off but still "down with" the simpler ways of life, ignoring the reality of his expensive tastes. So many of you play the bad-**** conservative, believing yourselves self-sufficient, holier than thou by dint of supreme effort, never letting on the shakiness of your grasp on the middle class lifestyle that you still haven't become accustomed to, lashing out at any who threaten to betray that you (we) don't deserve what you've (we've) got, you've (we've) merely got it.

You'll join forces to attack the invading force, not sure yet whether it is predator, seeker, potential friend, or deadly infection, knowing only that it is different, and therefore must be driven away.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    ...not sure yet whether it is predator, seeker, potential friend, or deadly infection, knowing only that it is different, and therefore must be driven away.

Uh, you forgot ****.
    Um, who's edifying the ignorant? And actually, I DO feel welcome here. Not sure how that's supposed to be a damning statement.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Who said anything about "damning?" So much projection, so little effort to understand.
    Who said anything about "damning?" So much projection, so little effort to understand.

Help edify the ignorant, then. What would you call your descriptions of the members you wrote about?
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,220 Senior Member
    Eugene might be the best angler here. He's definitely getting the most bites.
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 818 Senior Member
    Has our new friend 'Eugene' ever described **** he is? Maybe I missed it, but the only term that comes to my mind is "annoying twit" and makes me wish to have Kanaloa back

Jim
    Buffco wrote: »
    Help edify the ignorant, then. What would you call your descriptions of the members you wrote about?

Accurate.

extra letters
    magalloway, I'm interested in understanding what I've written that you think makes me an annoying twit. Also, I'm wondering if you could do a critical comparison to the posts of others, to see if there is actually a difference in terms of what I post, or if it is merely the fact that I am not one of you that you think makes me annoying.
    Accurate.

extra letters

In a search for edification, I ask, would you say what you said about GeorgeK to his face? And are you suggesting that I'm NOT welcome here in your analysis of me? Or were you hinting at something else?

I love learning.
    Comparing person-to-person interaction to on-line interaction has been a logical fallacy since shortly after the internet was created. How often do you think magalloway actually says to people IRL that he thinks they are annoying twits? I doubt he has done so in the last decade.

Clearly, you are welcome in this virtual space, my point is that it IS virtual space. Space where you've created a persona, imagined a set of other personae, created a whole series of interactions that played out in your head, enhanced there by your imagination (which is the whole point of virtual realities). And based on these virtual interactions, you've created what Kanaloa would have called a "head movie," and for once he would have been right. You're welcome here is fairly pointless, just as my unwelcome is pointless. You all don't know a thing about me, but a fair number of you have decided I'm not welcome. What does that tell you?
    So, I'll take that as a no for my first question. Who's creating a persona now?

Secondly, I've never decided you aren't welcome. And finally, it seems awfully ironic that you state that we don't know a thing about you, but you've deduced (accurately, I believe you said) our real life personalities by observing our posts.

Do we simply need to study your posts for a while longer so we can accurately ascertain what kind of person you are? What kind of time period are we talking about?

This is a fascinating study, and I appreciate your input.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
    magalloway wrote: »
    Has our new friend 'Eugene' ever described **** he is? Maybe I missed it, but the only term that comes to my mind is "annoying twit" and makes me wish to have Kanaloa back

Jim

Unlikely...

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »

Do we simply need to study your posts for a while longer so we can accurately ascertain what kind of person you are? What kind of time period are we talking about?

This is a fascinating study, and I appreciate your input.

You missed a yuge hint...

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    "GeorgeK plays the enlightened upper cruster, well-off but still "down with" the simpler ways of life, ignoring the reality of his expensive tastes."

Eugene - Thank you for saving me thousands of dollars in analyst's bills.

BTW - I do not think you are a twit or an ****, but rather just another hollow soul consumed with hostility and certitude; keyboarding away, sending streams of electrons into the void.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    You missed a yuge hint...
    I still don't see it. I had a theory but I'm not sure.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    Where the hell is Ed?
    George K wrote: »
    "GeorgeK plays the enlightened upper cruster, well-off but still "down with" the simpler ways of life, ignoring the reality of his expensive tastes."

Eugene - Thank you for saving me thousands of dollars in analyst's bills.

BTW - I do not think you are a twit or an ****, but rather just another hollow soul consumed with hostility and certitude; keyboarding away, sending streams of electrons into the void.

I do enjoy your eloquence, George. And the fact that you understand the essential pointlessness of this endeavor.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Where the hell is Ed?

Thermite got him.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    I do enjoy your eloquence, George. And the fact that you understand the essential pointlessness of this endeavor.

It's more fun than sitting and playing Windows Mah Jong hours on end.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    You Lodge denizens are so easy to play, your reactions so predictable.

You band together like a tribe who perceives a threat from an unknown scourge from the gods. Tribalism is what we were meant to leave behind. Sadly, small minds will grasp old ways of thinking, anything to avoid the discomfort of challenging one's own patterns of perception and behavior. Buffco takes pleasure from thinking that here, on the internet, in a place that doesn't actually exist, he is welcome, at home, among friends. fishingcomic plays the world-weary, self-defined iconoclast, pretending to be one who has seen and done so much, having earned a wry take on life. Steven imagines himself edifying the ignorant, explaining the "important work" going on in his metropolis which he incorrectly thinks drives, from behind the scenes, what goes on in so many other places. GeorgeK plays the enlightened upper cruster, well-off but still "down with" the simpler ways of life, ignoring the reality of his expensive tastes. So many of you play the bad-**** conservative, believing yourselves self-sufficient, holier than thou by dint of supreme effort, never letting on the shakiness of your grasp on the middle class lifestyle that you still haven't become accustomed to, lashing out at any who threaten to betray that you (we) don't deserve what you've (we've) got, you've (we've) merely got it.

You'll join forces to attack the invading force, not sure yet whether it is predator, seeker, potential friend, or deadly infection, knowing only that it is different, and therefore must be driven away.

Or possibly just an annoyance from an amateur analyst offering up opinions on people that were never asked for
    Bushart wrote: »
    Or possibly just an annoyance from an amateur analyst offering up opinions on people that were never asked for

Which is different from everything else posted on The Lodge?
    George K wrote: »
    It's more fun than sitting and playing Windows Mah Jong hours on end.

It's all the same void.
    Which is different from everything else posted on The Lodge?

Actually it is---a sometimes heated debate or argument on ideals or beliefs is different than attempting to point out personal character flaws.

My politics differs than say Joe or Buffy---but I'd still fish or hunt with them (IRL)
    Actually it is---a sometimes heated debate or argument on ideals or beliefs is different than attempting to point out personal character flaws.

My politics differs than say Joe or Buffy---but I'd still fish or hunt with them (IRL)

I already mentioned I've watched you guys a while. I know that character attack is quite typical in The Lodge, only a fool pretends otherwise. Also, who said I wouldn't hunt or fish with Buffy or whoever the hell Joe is? You guys do love to build houses of straw.
    I already mentioned I've watched you guys a while. I know that character attack is quite typical in The Lodge, only a fool pretends otherwise. Also, who said I wouldn't hunt or fish with Buffy or whoever the hell Joe is? You guys do love to build houses of straw.

In reality and of course recently I've witnessed very few personality attacks---some of those members have left that were prone to this
    And watching for a while?..without contributing or identification?...is this some sort of twisted message board voyeurism?
    And watching for a while?..without contributing or identification?...is this some sort of twisted message board voyeurism?

I have already removed my pants.

Eugene, were you here under another user name in the past?

What are your thoughts on night fishing with Louisiana pinks for catfish?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file