OK It's Official---The World Has lost It

Comments

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    he should have never been allowed to own a gun.

Why not? Was he a felon prior to the shooting?
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,462 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    Pile on threads? Are your knickers in a twist because more than one person at a time argued with you? I'm not responsible for the balance of political opinions or any other opinion on the board. Unless somebody was breaking board rules, it isn't my problem.
    Not at all. I couldn't care less about the pile ons I've been a part of here. I always try to take something away from them. But like most here, I've been a member for a pretty good while. I remember when all but less than a handful of conservative minded members (a truly great group of guys BTW) were banned, or run off while the opposing side seemingly got a pass. That happened. It turned into a liberal echo chamber for a long time after that and not much fun, so more members left. So no I don't need a tissue comic. I've never had, tried to get, or even suggested, that someone be banned here. You?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member
    Never suggested anyone get banned. They were not run off they ran off crying like the precious little snowflakes they were.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Buffco wrote: »
    Why not? Was he a felon prior to the shooting?

actually I am not sure, I know he had been arrested for abusing his girlfriend and he clearly was unstable.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member
    Ya know...enough years go by---I definitely do not want to be defined as a person by the last party I voted for...

Conservative minded members---Liberal lefties----this is what the establishment wants you to do

I want to tell people...I fish...I hunt...I paint...I have a great family....I love the outdoors....and I save a shiny little piece of my **** for politicians to kiss...and I try to live free----this hating for something so nuts ---that only boils down to...I won and you lost...is so much a waste of a too short of life.
    actually I am not sure, I know he had been arrested for abusing his girlfriend and he clearly was unstable.

Unstable can be interpreted in so many ways. We don't disallow firearms possession for someone's definition of unstable, thank God. Because none of us would be able to own one. Either he was a felon, or he wasn't. If he wasn't, he was allowed to own firearms.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    Unstable can be interpreted in so many ways. We don't disallow firearms possession for someone's definition of unstable, thank God. Because none of us would be able to own one. Either he was a felon, or he wasn't. If he wasn't, he was allowed to own firearms.

Many, but not all jurisdictions do not allow those under a PFA order to buy or possess guns. I do not know if his girlfriend had one.

In any event I'm saddened to see this event politicized here.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »

Yup, it's unfortunate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

sherb wrote: »
    actually his statement was measured and appropriate. We'll see what he does on Twitter, but so far so good.

I was being facetious. But yeah he has handled this appropriately.
    Yup, it's unfortunate.

MikeA wrote: »
    The left has lost it.

In either case, I don't think it should be as easy as ordering a pizza and probably harder than registering a car.
    George K wrote: »

Well, it was a politically motivated shooting. He even made sure that it was Republicans before he started shooting.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    That guy is not my side and he should have never been allowed to own a gun.
    In either case, I don't think it should be as easy as ordering a pizza and probably harder than registering a car.

The tool used shouldn't be part of this discussion. A better discussion would be who this individual is and what were his motives.
    So now you want to regulate thought?

Take ease, then. There are no FBI NICS checks or ATF agents looking at your background when you order a pizza.
    Own this. If we had a rightwad shooting up a ballfield full of Democrats during Obama's reign, this thread would've gone 15 pages by now. The right would be hearing all about how our hateful, racist rhetoric towards Obama inspired this act to take place, and you know it. Comic would have posted about 4 pictures of an Obama effigy being hung from a pole.

No one has posted a single picture of Kathy Griffin holding Trump's severed head, or peeped a word about the play that's about assassinating Trump, or posted any screen caps of Twitter where users are calling for someone to shoot the guy. I'm not saying he's representative of all of the left, or even a significant portion of it, just pointing out the hypocrisy.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    Own this. If we had a rightwad shooting up a ballfield full of Democrats during Obama's reign, this thread would've gone 15 pages by now. The right would be hearing all about how our hateful, racist rhetoric towards Obama inspired this act to take place, and you know it. Comic would have posted about 4 pictures of an Obama effigy being hung from a pole.

No one has posted a single picture of Kathy Griffin holding Trump's severed head, or peeped a word about the play that's about assassinating Trump, or posted any screen caps of Twitter where users are calling for someone to shoot the guy. I'm not saying he's representative of all of the left, or even a significant portion of it, just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Ok, I'll throw some fuel on the fire. But first let me explain. As I am wont to do at times I listen to right-wing radio for about 30 minutes when there are significant events. You could hear in Hannity's voice that he wanted Scalise to die so, so badly. He was yearning for the man's death so that he could further politicize it and make him a rightwad martyr. As Hannity et al. are the conscience of the far right and they are seeing this as just another juicy propaganda piece, why should I care about the individual? Another factor is that Rep Scalise was possibly associated with white supremacist groups.

So, given those two things, I am just about as concerned for this guy getting shot as the republican lawmakers were concerned about the Sandy Hook shootings. I'm not saying that this isn't totally screwed, morally wrong and indicative of our horrible political situation, but I'm not going to shed a tear for this guy. Just more blood on the alter of the 2nd Amendment, right?

Harsh? You bet.

I may or may not apologize for the above statement later on but that is how I feel now. This whole thing is so screwed up but that is where we are as a society. Broken with no real hope of repair in my onion.

I need to go fishing...
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Ok, I'll throw some fuel on the fire. But first let me explain. As I am wont to do at times I listen to right-wing radio for about 30 minutes when there are significant events. You could hear in Hannity's voice that he wanted Scalise to die so, so badly. He was yearning for the man's death so that he could further politicize it and make him a rightwad martyr. As Hannity et al. are the conscience of the far right and they are seeing this as just another juicy propaganda piece, why should I care about the individual? Another factor is that Rep Scalise was possibly associated with white supremacist groups.

So, given those two things, I am just about as concerned for this guy getting shot as the republican lawmakers were concerned about the Sandy Hook shootings. I'm not saying that this isn't totally screwed, morally wrong and indicative of our horrible political situation, but I'm not going to shed a tear for this guy. Just more blood on the alter of the 2nd Amendment, right?

Harsh? You bet.

I may or may not apologize for the above statement later on but that is how I feel now. This whole thing is so screwed up but that is where we are as a society. Broken with no real hope of repair in my onion.

I need to go fishing...

I'll watch this...but I'm hoping it's not this bad

Harsh? You bet.

I need to go fishing...
    Brutally honest. I like it.
    I don't know much about Scalise, but the evidence looks weak. Let's try not to forget that Obama sat in church with Rev Wright spewing hatred from the pulpit... The whole race thing has been played so often it's hard to give it much credence anymore. Trying to kill as many republicans as you can is a whole other box of worms.

Harsh? You bet.

I need to go fishing...
    I don't know much about Scalise, but the evidence looks weak. Let's try not to forget that Obama sat in church with Rev Wright spewing hatred from the pulpit... The whole race thing has been played so often it's hard to give it much credence anymore. Trying to kill as many republicans as you can is a whole other box of worms.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member

Apparently your memory is clouded by the hate you spew. Obama, if you will recall removed himself and his family from that church after Wright's infamous sermon.

Mike, you have a right to your opinion, but not the facts.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,798 Senior Member
    Never suggested anyone get banned.

Now you know that's not true.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    Take ease, then. There are no FBI NICS checks or ATF agents looking at your background when you order a pizza.

Well if that is what is happening when you buy a gun then those checks are impotent.

You are really going to compare Kathy Griffin to Donald Trump and Sharon Angle talking about second amendment remedies?

BTW the assassins are the villains in that play.
    Buford wrote: »
    Now you know that's not true.

Absolutely true, I would rather they stay here so I can keep calling them the a-holes they are.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    Obama, if you will recall removed himself and his family from that church after Wright's infamous sermon.

Well yeah...cuz it gained national media attention. What did you think would happen? Up until that point Obama and Wright had been buddies since the early 80's.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Well yeah...cuz it gained national media attention. What did you think would happen? Up until that point Obama and Wright had been buddies since the early 80's.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That relationship, if it were a Republican, would have been a career killer. NO QUESTION.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/politicians/scalise.asp
    That relationship, if it were a Republican, would have been a career killer. NO QUESTION.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/politicians/scalise.asp

Not really, Trump has been friends with Mafia.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/05/donald-trump-2016-mob-organized-crime-213910

Not to mention the right wing love of the bigot Franklyn Graham and the almost mandatory requirement to speak at Bob Jones university.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,798 Senior Member
    You could hear in Hannity's voice that he wanted Scalise to die so, so badly. He was yearning for the man's death so that he could further politicize it and make him a rightwad martyr.

That's some serious **** right there Shawn. What else did you hear him say because I missed that.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    No, man. I could hear it in his voice. Do you know what his death would have done for his ratings? Seriously, he is one of the worst human beings this planet has to offer.

As I mentioned, I listened for about 30 minutes, 15 of which was ads for get-rich-quick scams, right wing "university" classes (LOL) and for some reason, a lot of plumbing ads. Maybe because his fans are full of ****? ;) Seriously, the plumbing ads on hate radio are so prevalent. The other 15 was Obama, Hillary, blah blah blah...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file