Making America Great Again

GoldenladleGoldenladle Super ModeratorPosts: 3,754 Senior Member
I'm a bit confused on how pulling out of the Paris Accord will make us great.

If this is what winning so much feels like...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

Comments

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    Make Lung Cancer Great Again!

This does nothing, other than fulfill a campaign promise to the yahoos that think that this does something.

One small step for a man-child, one giant leap backwards for mankind.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member
    Your in great company tho----3 total now worldwide...Syria...Nicaragua...and USA...say no to Paris
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member
    I don't follow Trump's logic unless it is an America first and **** the rest of the world attitude. He says it is unfair to America. But the U.S. is one of the highest polluting countries. If we don't do our part, then the rest of the world has to do more to offset our contribution to pollution. This being "fair" to America is unfair to the rest of the world.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,798 Senior Member
    One step at a time. We were getting screwed with that deal.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »

Explain please

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »

Huh??

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,462 Senior Member
    Explain please

According to a study by The Heritage Foundation released in 2016, if the Obama Paris agreement were to be followed, “there would be 206,104 fewer manufacturing jobs between 2016 and 2040.” Heritage projects a loss of over $2.5 trillion in aggregate loss of gross domestic product by 2035.
    :)
    MikeA wrote: »
    According to a study by The Heritage Foundation released in 2016, if the Obama Paris agreement were to be followed, “there would be 206,104 fewer manufacturing jobs between 2016 and 2040.” Heritage projects a loss of over $2.5 trillion in aggregate loss of gross domestic product by 2035.

I don't agree with this study, but even if I did why can't the great negotiator work out a better deal?

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member

Oh well if the Heritage Foundation says so, it must be true. What about the increases in manufacturing in clean energy?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/01/news/economy/jobs-paris-climate-agreement/index.html
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,627 Senior Member
    Comic I thought you were dead and your body was lying in a ditch somewhere.
    I have been working a lot and furnishing a new apartment. I am hoping to find a river that is not blown out tomorrow.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Oh well if the Heritage Foundation says so, it must be true. What about the increases in manufacturing in clean energy?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/01/news/economy/jobs-paris-climate-agreement/index.html
    Considering that he had already scrapped the clean energy plan, I don’t see where he had much choice but to withdraw from the Paris accord.
    Still your "facts" are bullspit.
    Still your "facts" are bullspit.
    I posted "facts"?
    The only fact in anything I said was that Trump scrapped the clean energy plan. That's a fact.
    So doing something incredibly stupid, means it is okay to do something even more stupid? You did post your Heritage Foundation crap as fact.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,846 Senior Member

hahaha at the Heritage Foundation

please quote patrick j michaels of the CATO institute next!

/clapshandsgleefully
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,627 Senior Member
    I have been working a lot and furnishing a new apartment. I am hoping to find a river that is not blown out tomorrow.

well, you sure as **** ain't gonna find one in this state.
    You all missed the smiley face I guess....
    You all missed the smiley face I guess....

Ok, so we're back to Buford explaining why getting out of the accord is a good idea.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »
    I don't follow Trump's logic unless it is an America first and **** the rest of the world attitude.

See, you do follow Trump's logic.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    If you watched his announcement of pulling out of the Paris accords all the worst aspects of the man were on view - the yuuge ego, the even yuuuugerer inferiority complex and paranoia compensated for with theatrical grandiosity and delusional claims, the utter lack of understanding of international relations or the consequences of fulfilling stupid campaign promises to his base, the denial of science etc. etc, ad nauseum.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,846 Senior Member
    George K wrote: »
    If you watched his announcement of pulling out of the Paris accords all the worst aspects of the man were on view - the yuuge ego, the even yuuuugerer inferiority complex and paranoia compensated for with theatrical grandiosity and delusional claims, the utter lack of understanding of international relations or the consequences of fulfilling stupid campaign promises to his base, the denial of science etc. etc, ad nauseum.

and now the actual process to pull out might take 3 years? and wouldn't go into effect until after he is out of office?

hahahahahaha
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,066 Senior Member
    First the agreement is NON BINDING, no penalties,..... so how does that hurt us? It doesn't. What does hurt is State after State is getting rid of tax breaks for renewable energy, happened here at the bidding of the Koch brothers and they are working their magic in other places.

The Heritage Foundation, heavily funded by the Kochs. What is their business...Petroleum? Will we hear of similar studies by the Cato Institute? That is Kochs personal property.

These kinds of studies are exactly like the Tobacco studies that maintained until the very end that smoking was not harmful to human health. A number of labs supported their contentions. There labs were all funded by the Tobacco Institute. It's exactly the same with climate studies who deny global warning and studies that show job loss. Guess who pays them? There are exceptions of course, nut cases. Every country in the world (except for us) knows that this is real, that the cost of doing nothing is far higher than making some changes. Now that is what I call American exceptionalism. We are the only ones who are getting this wrong, ever question why that is? Americans believe talk radio and fox not science. End of discussion right?

There are jobs are in the alternative energy industry than in fossil fuels, there will be more and more...everywhere but here. Guess who is going to be selling that equipment to the world, not us. Start calculating the losses. Start calculating the costs of waiting too long, they are astronomical.

What are the costs of stronger and more hurricanes and tornadoes, what are the costs of polluted groundwater, what is the cost of increased flooding, more dangerous wildfires, the cost to agriculture. Missouri and Illinois are soon to be come central Mexico......? If the ocean temperature rises 1 1/2 to two degrees, the oceans die. Does anyone understand what that means. Nearly 90% of the worlds population will be without food. And what for, keeping money flowing to election coffers? Even the Fossil fuel industry was against us leaving the Paris accord....well, all but the Koch that is.
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • CuddyCuddy Senior Member Posts: 344 Senior Member
    Amazing story, USA went from world leaders in just about everything, to laughingstock in less that 1 generation. This may take the cake.
    Hate to break it to you.
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,066 Senior Member
    Cuddy wrote: »
    Amazing story, USA went from world leaders in just about everything, to laughingstock in less that 1 generation. This may take the cake.
    Hate to break it to you.

Yesterday Trump said something about the world won't be laughing at us anymore...they were laughing two days ago. His mouthpieces also said that they are hearing from all over the world what a great move this was. Those voices...? From all over Russia. The rest of the world thinks were are simply morons.

It won't take near a generation to become a laughingstock, it has been just a few months and we are there already.

Can anyone say Banana Republic?
    I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    Wetdog wrote: »
    Yesterday Trump said something about the world won't be laughing at us anymore...

That was his insecurity, paranoia and inferiority complex surfacing all at once. Sort of like when Nixon told us we wouldn't have him to kick around anymore.

p.s. to Loose Lips Donny - even inferior, insecure paranoiacs have enemies. :)
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    sherb wrote: »
    well, you sure as **** ain't gonna find one in this state.

Nor here. We are out of fishing for a couple of weeks I would imagine. The great ski season was worth it!
    Cuddy wrote: »
    Hate to break it to you.

Well, at least Joe, Sherb, Steven, BuffMOT, Wayne and Mike A will save a couple hundred dollars in federal tax liability per year. So there's that...
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Well, at least Joe, Sherb, Steven, BuffMOT, Wayne and Mike A will save a couple hundred dollars in federal tax liability per year. So there's that...
    Joe has been fishing for the last 8 days in a row. No Trump. All fish all the time. If I save a couple hundred dollars (from whatever you folks are talking about) that leaves more money for gas to fish more and stimulate the local economy. :p

8f438a3442256e1d4ec6ebe4907b1250.jpg5058814a2d8745450470ef9b575ecf35.jpgc01c8a747a308f073ce73a42adb372f2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member
    Every time I walk thru areas that are that thick with foliage and vegetation----In the back of my mind is one word.....Bear!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file