MT Congressional Candidate Assaults Reporter

Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior MemberPosts: 5,298 Senior Member
And for the rightwads out there, it was corroborated by Faux News.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/24/greg-gianforte-fox-news-team-witnesses-gop-house-candidate-body-slam-reporter.amp.html

Three observations: 1) Fox will probably fire these reporters. 2) I honestly think this will help energize Gianforte's supporters and help GOP turnout. Really, I do . 3) If this guy wins tomorrow then we are officially dead as a nation.

Comments

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    All of a sudden the left is against violence?

Maybe him and Jesse Ventura can get together in a room.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,846 Senior Member
    All of a sudden the left is against violence?

Maybe him and Jesse Ventura can get together in a room.

Psst.......wrestling is fake
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 613 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    And for the rightwads out there, it was corroborated by Faux News.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/24/greg-gianforte-fox-news-team-witnesses-gop-house-candidate-body-slam-reporter.amp.html

Three observations: 1) Fox will probably fire these reporters. 2) I honestly think this will help energize Gianforte's supporters and help GOP turnout. Really, I do . 3) If this guy wins tomorrow then we are officially dead as a nation.

I suspect you are dead right with what you say in No. 2. Beating up a reporter will undoubtedly resonate with his supporters.
    No ****. It was sarcasm.

Actually I'm surprised we don't see more stories about "in your face" reporters getting punched in the face.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    No ****. It was sarcasm.

Actually I'm surprised we don't see more stories about "in your face" reporters getting punched in the face.

in your face?

isn't the very nature of a reporter to be 'in your face' to a certain extent? asking difficult questions and pressing for answers is kind of part of the job description.....

if you cannot handle questions about your positions and policies, perhaps you should not seek public office
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 820 Senior Member
    Hahaha - that's awesome. Young wimp got his **** kicked by a 56 year old man.

This is what's wrong with our world today. In Sparta Ben Jacobs would have been punted as a baby. In today's society the weak, ugly and sickly reproduce which creates a product like Ben Jacobs and he's even allowed to reproduce.
    We need more Sparta!!
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    tim_s wrote: »
    in your face?

isn't the very nature of a reporter to be 'in your face' to a certain extent? asking difficult questions and pressing for answers is kind of part of the job description.....

if you cannot handle questions about your positions and policies, perhaps you should not seek public office

This is pretty much it in a nutshell..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    tim_s wrote: »

Getting punched in the face for being like that should also be in the job description. I know I would do it if harassed by reporters like that.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member
    No ****. It was sarcasm.

That is because most politicians are adults.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member
    Getting punched in the face for being like that should also be in the job description. I know I would do it if harassed by reporters like that.

According to the Fox reporters that were in the room, that is not what happened.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    According to the Fox reporters that were in the room, that is not what happened.

I never stated that. I just stated that I'm surprised that more reporters don't get punched in the face. My statement wasn't relating the story in this thread.
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,462 Senior Member
    So,,, the lesson today is, it's Montana!!! A far cry from the Facbook/****'er social media virtual world where you can run your pretty little mouth without fear of reprisal. But nooooo,,, he runs off and Tweets about getting his **** kicked by an old man ASAP. What a deuce nozzle.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member

Sounds like Osoto Gari
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
    MikeA wrote: »
    So,,, the lesson today is, it's Montana!!! A far cry from the Facbook/****'er social media virtual world where you can run your pretty little mouth without fear of reprisal. But nooooo,,, he runs off and Tweets about getting his **** kicked by an old man ASAP. What a deuce nozzle.

It's awesome you understand Montana politics as well as you do. Oh wait, Gianforte isn't from Montana. Not that I'm from here either but at least I get to see the truth of this **** of a politician where you are just letting your ignorance control your mouth.

Since when is it ok to get assaulted for just doing your job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

That is because most politicians are scared of the media's ability to completely destroy their lives.
    Fixed it.

Let's face it, most men don't care to just sit passively by while some little snot nosed kid rips them apart because they hold different political beliefs. Now let's all sit back and watch as the media completely rips this man and his family apart for the next few days. Gladiator politics! Two men enter, one man leaves.
    It's awesome you understand Montana politics as well as you do. Oh wait, Gianforte isn't from Montana. Not that I'm from here either but at least I get to see the truth of this **** of a politician where you are just letting your ignorance control your mouth.

You want a piece of me!
    Umm... no, not a worthy topic for violence in my opinion.

This event though is indicative of politics and journalism today. If you don't like what the press says, call it fake news or demonize the press as liberal, as if being liberal in it self is an atrocious thing.

Umm... no, not a worthy topic for violence in my opinion.

This event though is indicative of politics and journalism today. If you don't like what the press says, call it fake news or demonize the press as liberal, as if being liberal in it self is an atrocious thing.

I'm messing with you.

In this anti Trump media bubble where anything that could be used to negatively impact Trump is big, huuuge, news. These "journalist" are yearning to create that viral moment that will launch their career. They also think they are part of some kind of resistance because their failed leader told them that this is the way. This is a recipe for what just happened.
    As for the body slam, I don't think it's a smart way to run a political campaign but I sort of understand. I would have went with a rear naked choke. :)
    I'm messing with you.

In this anti Trump media bubble where anything that could be used to negatively impact Trump is big, huuuge, news. These "journalist" are yearning to create that viral moment that will launch their career. They also think they are part of some kind of resistance because their failed leader told them that this is the way. This is a recipe for what just happened.
    As for the body slam, I don't think it's a smart way to run a political campaign but I sort of understand. I would have went with a rear naked choke. :)

you've created a perverse world to live in
    I'm messing with you.

Captain Obvious... I know you are.

I'm off to cast my vote.

Body slam that vote! Make America Great Again Mike!

CO Native wrote: »
    Hahaha - that's awesome. Young wimp got his **** kicked by a 56 year old man.

Instead of tweeting, Ben Jacobs should have gotten his **** Generation X **** off the floor and thrown a haymaker right back.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    What would Chuck Norris do?

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,627 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    Instead of tweeting, Ben Jacobs should have gotten his **** Generation X **** off the floor and thrown a haymaker right back.

That would have made this a lot more interesting story than it is.
    giphy.gif
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,627 Senior Member
    Obviously, violence is bad, we don't condone violence against reporters, doesn't matter whose ox is being gored, blah, blah.

BUT. . .if Seth Rich's family were to take Sean Hannity out and stomp him, I doubt I'd be too excised about it.
    "You know, and I'm the one who said that," Acuna replied, "I saw both his hands go up, not around his neck in a strangling type of way, but more just on each side of his neck, just grabbed him and I guess it could've been on his clothes, I don't know."

I knew it was Osoto Gari.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member

Boxing.....Unless Tyson is involved---then it sways from assault towards cannibalism

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file