Trump Says "Get Me An Artist"

BushartBushart Senior MemberPosts: 1,535 Senior Member
And get him to catch some nice 12-14 inch Crappies and a kicker Gator

Sorry boys--no flies---1/16 oz jig under a slip bobber ( We'll call a strike indicator)

[URL="[url=https://postimg.org/image/mqgw0cj6d/][img]https://s26.postimg.org/mqgw0cj6d/craps_002.jpg[/img][/url]"][/url]craps_002.jpg

[URL="[url=https://postimg.org/image/n4i7zy39x/][img]https://s26.postimg.org/n4i7zy39x/craps_005.jpg[/img][/url]"][/url]craps_005.jpg

Comments

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member
    I grew up in an area that fall between the South and Southwest. A little of both I guess. Jigs for crappie are almost as popular as minnows down here. I won't judge you. ;) Well that and I've only caught one crappie on a fly and that was a Clouser Minnow.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member
    What do you do with crappie up there? We fry 'em. O.K., we fry everything that we don't barbecue.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 818 Senior Member
    Caught a ton of those suckers growing up in Northern California. There were three former dredger ponds nearby with smallmouths and crappies. We'd only keep the bigger ones, fillet them, bread them and fry the hell out of 'em. A large crappie fillet is about the size of a Swedish pancake, but with no bones to deal with, they're a real treat. Funny, in the half-dozen years that I was fishing the ponds, I think I caught maybe three smallies, all on live dragonflies.

Jim
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member
    They're getting fried for dinner tomorrow----batter mix--fried in oil
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    Catch them thru the ice myself during winter. They taste much betterer than summer crappie. True story.

Fried up in a thin layer of peanut oil.

7088af953bbfc856423636b3eec06fd4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Catch them thru the ice myself during winter. They taste much betterer than summer crappie. True story.

Fried up in a thin layer of peanut oil.

7088af953bbfc856423636b3eec06fd4.jpg

Do you like the peanut oil for this??...Last time we used veg oil---house "smelled" for a day---was gonna use canola oil---it's ok---leaves a bit of an aftertaste
    Canola or Peanut...best taste. I never use vegetable oil.

Can't tell you the last time we even had veg oil in our house. Peanut, Olive, Canola and coconut oil is all we stock.

You can even zest 'em up a little and marinate in a small amount of lemon juice and some dill weed.

Memorial weekend fun. I usually trout fish on this weekend but changed it up a little this year. 24a3bc390218c661515f932c1c93841a.jpg

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    Curious that crappie and walleye, two of the best eating fresh water fish are among the least fun to catch - just dead weight, really.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Memorial weekend fun. I usually trout fish on this weekend but changed it up a little this year. 24a3bc390218c661515f932c1c93841a.jpg

Nice batch there
    George K wrote: »
    Curious that crappie and walleye, two of the best eating fresh water fish are among the least fun to catch - just dead weight, really.

I've caught some walleyes in the 10 lb range that have attitude tho
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    Bushart wrote: »
    I've caught some walleyes in the 10 lb range that have attitude tho

The largest I've caught was less than half that size.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Bushart wrote: »
    Nice batch there

They are all in zip loc bags now. :cool: :cool:

George K wrote: »
    The largest I've caught was less than half that size.
    Over 20" and walleye put up a pretty good fight. My largest that I've caught is 32" out of Lake Superior. That was a crazy battle getting that thing to the boat.

Nice! Switched gears tonight. Headed out on my home water. Epic hatch of sulphurs tonight. Got broke off 3 times by Mr. Big Brown and caught dozens of others.

My nice brookie of the evening...

88c9783ce35246a7a03a7324be0c208e.jpgbe91162faa1b644c5fbc9951bb6ae95b.jpg

Nice! Switched gears tonight. Headed out on my home water. Epic hatch of sulphurs tonight. Got broke off 3 times by Mr. Big Brown and caught dozens of others.

My nice brookie of the evening...

88c9783ce35246a7a03a7324be0c208e.jpgbe91162faa1b644c5fbc9951bb6ae95b.jpg

That's a beauty speck---fried in butter??
    I let 'em all go.

Went back again tonight.

2ba77ac7085f1b5e73aefb33981a823c.jpg3721a6e417e2937509e475b307141ab9.jpg6821daa76c17ec7a77f8c121989d79e4.jpg

Terrific!!..You got a nice spot there
    I live within 15-20 minute drive from a Blue Ribbon stream. Kind of convenient. :cool:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file