Local Controversy

Comments

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    I knew it. Us people always be looking at the skin color before we weigh in with an opinion. Always.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This would be true of Bill O'Reilly certainly.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    Bushart wrote: »
    Nugent: A no talent hack

Is this how you define no talent?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuDiMqr4fF0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXgQycSTo3M
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    Buff,
    Its a generalization but its also true. ;) Sorry that you are guilty by association but that is all; I know you aren't like that.

Remember when the rapper Common was invited to the Obama White House? How he was called a thug and everything short of the n-word by Faux and the right-wing media?
    Speaking of Ted Nugent and rappers...remember when a former rapper turned rocker was invited to the White House?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/politics/sarah-palin-ted-nugent-kid-rock-white-house/

170420101148-palin-white-house-1-exlarge-169.jpg
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    Speaking of Ted Nugent and rappers...remember when a former rapper turned rocker was invited to the White House?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/politics/sarah-palin-ted-nugent-kid-rock-white-house/

Cover photo for Kid Rock & Trio los Losers debut CD?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member

I wonder if they have installed the stripper poll in the oval office yet.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    Palin: Queen of the c**ts!!!

What a trailer-trash thing to do...
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,846 Senior Member
    Walmart Whitehouse
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,798 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Buff,
    Its a generalization but its also true. ;) Sorry that you are guilty by association but that is all; I know you aren't like that.

Remember when the rapper Common was invited to the Obama White House? How he was called a thug and everything short of the n-word by Faux and the right-wing media?

No, link?....
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,627 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Palin: Queen of the c**ts!!!

What a trailer-trash thing to do...

indeed.

C94u5QWXkAAwzZr.jpg
    C94u5QeXoAEtlqV.jpg
    Who are those two?
    Its a couple of LGBT activists visiting the White House in 2012.

I know its whataboutism but I couldn't resist. Tacky knows no creed, color or party.
    yeah, and the Whitehouse in 2012 understood that behavior was below the institution:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/24/white-house-criticizes-visitors-flipping-off-reagan-portrait/

while i can kind of agree with the dude above's statement: “Yeah, f Reagan,” reiterates Hart one week after the reception. “Ronald Reagan has blood on his hands. The man was in the White House as AIDS exploded, and he was happy to see plenty of gay men and **** people die. He was a murderous fool, and I have no problem saying so. Don’t invite me back. I don’t care.”

That Whitehouse jumped all over him.....

the current Whitehouse sees nothing wrong with having a **** like Nugent as an invited guest, because the Walmart Whitehouse just wants to the value of still trying to prove Trump is a populist President out there draining the swamp, dontcha know......even while his actions prove the exact opposite, it is the tweets and photo ops that matter........next week it will be "here, hold by bud light while I drive the NASCAR pace car, and all will be well in Trump-world
    sherb wrote: »

I know its whataboutism but I couldn't resist. Tacky knows no creed, color or party.

Did anybody on the left celebrate this behavior?

I understand the anger that LGBT activists feel towards Reagan who all but ignored the "Gay Plague," (because it was God's will) but not in the White House.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

One difference is that neither of these miscreants was nominated by the Democratic Party to run for the Vice Presidency, and, one hopes, never would be. Another is what Tim S linked to - the official response.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    Yeah but I kinda agree with them

Never fails.

I like the break away from the norm and how The Nuge and Kid Rock in the white house make liberals squirm. So much better than the PC...

I don't mind Kid Rock. He puts out some decent music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz-RkSzx_AE
    I like the break away from the norm and how The Nuge and Kid Rock in the white house make liberals squirm. So much better than the PC...

You just don't get it, do you? It's not about being in the White House, it's about their behavior in the White House.

There is stuff you do in a road house or an red neck bar that you just don't do in the President's house, at least not in the public areas. Who knows what the Groper-in-Chief and P***n got into in the private quarters? :)

Similar to how Beyonce and Jay-Z gave conservatives seizures?
    Did anybody on the left celebrate this behavior?

I'm sure some did and do. I could go right now and find someone to justify and celebrate it with a two minute google search. In fact, this comes fairly close:
    I understand the anger that LGBT activists feel towards Reagan who all but ignored the "Gay Plague," (because it was God's will)

I somehow doubt that Reagan, the happy warrior and Hollywood actor felt that way or would say something like that. I think I would have remembered, since even at the time comments like that (from Fallwell and Pat Robertson and the like) were not well-received. But, feel free to provide proof--if you have it.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    When did aids come to the US? 80? 81? So it was a new thing?

Yeah, thought so.

George K wrote: »
    You just don't get it, do you? It's not about being in the White House, it's about their behavior in the White House.

There is stuff you do in a road house or an red neck bar that you just don't do in the President's house, at least not in the public areas. Who knows what the Groper-in-Chief and P***n got into in the private quarters? :)
    Oh I get it George. Your reply just made my point. :cool:

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    18056753_1837420509842378_8450192179019258403_n.jpg?oh=c0b3a6f970980c754c9ca8a77d48edbd&oe=5985B47C
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member
    Yeah because of the remote area in which I live....There is a few draft dodgers and their kids in my area

Man-buns...ponytails...rubber boots....funny cigs---wanna buy my free run organic eggs folks
    Man buns...I don't get it.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member

That little hair bun goin on in da back of the head---man style
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member

Cjz9KIhVAAAknTT.jpg
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    I'm sure some did and do. I could go right now and find someone to justify and celebrate it with a two minute google search. In fact, this comes fairly close:

I somehow doubt that Reagan, the happy warrior and Hollywood actor felt that way or would say something like that. I think I would have remembered, since even at the time comments like that (from Fallwell and Pat Robertson and the like) were not well-received. But, feel free to provide proof--if you have it.

It is a historical fact

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/11/reagan-administration-response-to-aids-crisis

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/11/nancy-ronald-reagan-aids-crisis-first-lady-legacy

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/openforum/article/Reagan-s-AIDS-Legacy-Silence-equals-death-2751030.php

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_the_Band_Played_On
    Reagan's communications director Pat Buchanan argued that AIDS is "nature's revenge on gay men."

Feel free to find one prominent democrat or even pundit. I doubt you could or Hannity and company would have jumped all over it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file