This Just In - Trump Kills Jobs, Factories To Close?

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 8,366 Senior Member
Thanks, Obama.

WEBSTER, Texas (AP) -- President Donald Trump promised to revive manufacturing in the United States, but there's one once-burgeoning sector poised to shrink under his watch: the gun industry.

Fears of government limits on guns - some real, some perceived - led to a surge in demand during President Barack Obama's tenure and manufacturers leapt to keep up. Over the decade ending in 2015, the number of U.S. companies licensed to make firearms jumped a whopping 362 percent. But sales are down and the bubble appears to be bursting with a staunch advocate for gun rights in the White House and Republicans ruling Congress...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GUNNING_OF_AMERICA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-04-01-03-03-35
Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Comments

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,221 Senior Member
    Funny thing... before the election a fellow who worked at a gun shop wrote an opinion piece saying he hoped Hilary Clinton would get elected. She was good for business.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,799 Senior Member
    Thank you Mr. Trump.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    I wonder how the bomb shelter and Prepper supply businesses are doing!
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,571 Senior Member
    I hope this is true. 22 ammo is non existent and ridiculously over priced.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    It is available here. I can get Auto-match 325rnd brick for $19.00. Still not seeing a lot of Remington of Federal 500rnd bricks. At least they aren't $50.00 a brick anymore. Seems that $20.00 is the new $9.99.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Thank you Mr. Trump.

Sarcasm..?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    FishTX wrote: »
    Sarcasm..?

No, how is this his fault. The knucklehead before him caused a panic and the manufactures raised prices and took advantage of the situation. $50.00 for a brick of 22s, $10.00 for a box of 223 have you priced guns and ammo lately? So now their greed has caught up with them, no sympathy here.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    As long as Steven Tyler doesn't start wearing bullets in his hair, it's all good.
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    As long as Steven Tyler doesn't start wearing bullets in his hair, it's all good.
    I sold some Whiting Hackle on ebay for $650. I paid $40 for it at Rock Creek Mercantile.

Capitalism at its finest!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    Those were nightmare days.
    No, how is this his fault.

Reading, assuming you read the article, is not your strong suit. The article said the gun industry is "recalibrating" under Trump. It didn't say any fall is sales are Trump's fault.

[QUOTE=Buford;208002The knucklehead before him caused a panic and the manufactures raised prices and took advantage of the situation. [/QUOTE]

I disagree. The panic they brought on themselves. The NRA, gun industry and other Second Amendment groups sold them the story that the boogy man was going to take all their guns away. Expanded background checks is not the same as taking your guns. Restricting the sale of certain firearms, or related items for those firearms is not taking your guns away.

And why the h@ll do you and others keep bringing up .22 pricing as a sign of the boogy man? Except in the movies where the Mafia executes a guy with a .22 round to back of the head, the .22 isn't a "bad gun." Not even in the talks about gun restrictions. Nobody is taking your squirrel gun. That is all gun industry lies.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,628 Senior Member
    I sold some Whiting Hackle on ebay for $650. I paid $40 for it at Rock Creek Mercantile.

Capitalism at its finest!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This is the Tulip mania of our day and age.
    This is what I responded to. Trump Kills Jobs, Factories To Close?
    The thing with 22s is just about everyone has a 22. When the panic started everyone was stocking up on 22s. A day at the range with the children it was common place to go through 1,500 to 2000 rounds.
    Obama and his administration were a definite threat to gun ownership. Banning a AR-15 and not a mini 14 shows how stupid these bans are. How long until a Winchester 9422 is caught up in the high capacity crap it does hold 18 rounds you know.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    There wasn't any money to be made in 22lr, it was way more profitable to make and sell ammo to the Middle East.. :rolleyes:

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member
    1500 to 2000 rounds---Really

I've had half a doz boxes in my cabinet for more than a decade---like once ya hit the coke can 2x to make sure your hitting ok---why spray all that lead?
    This is what I responded to. Trump Kills Jobs, Factories To Close?
    I chose to address the article, but if you were talking about the thread title, that is George's work. Your response that I replied to still doesn't make sense unless it is sarcasm. George's thread header implies Trump is responsible for the drop in sales. You said thank you. Mr. Trump. Thank him for what? Killing jobs? Closing factories? See why I asked if it is sarcasm.

And the 22 thing is still the fault of gun owners. They panicked and bought a lot of bricks. While I think the system is backward, demand raises costs. One of manufacturers of 22 rounds said the same thing. Demand outpaced production and price went up.

I do agree that banning an AR and not the Mini 14 doesn't make sense. But then, the Mini 14 doesn't look like an "assault" rifle. Doesn't matter to some that the function is the same (semi-auto with a decent ammo capacity).

Speaking of looks, I'd rather have an Mini 14 in one of the models with a wood stock than an AR. ARs and the like are butt ugly. I like hardwood, traditional stocks. I'm just weird that way.

Bushart wrote: »

I've had half a doz boxes in my cabinet for more than a decade---like once ya hit the coke can 2x to make sure your hitting ok---why spray all that lead?

Ha ha. I have been working on a brick for a couple years. I shoot my 22 once in a blue moon to make sure I could still hit small game. Probably should shoot more, but I don't want to annoy the neighbors with a 5 month y.o. baby. Not that waiting till they are out of the house does much good. The other neighbors make this place sound like a shooting range. One guy sounds like he sprays and prays. I thought gun control was about hitting what you aim at.

I do sort of make up for it with my pellet gun. Not gonna wake the baby.

Bushart wrote: »

Take a group of children shooting with you and arm them with Winchester lever guns and a few Ruger 10/22s and set up some reactive targets. Also they all want to play rifleman and dump 18 rounds as fast as they can. Lets not forget the other people of the group that want to try the lever guns. 22s are so much fun for everyone involved. I will also take any of my children's friends with parental approval. And when I'm done with them they all want to do it again. Never had a child go shooting that didn't enjoy the trip. Future gun enthusiasts. When I go shooting by myself I'm good for a brick of 22s.
    Speaking of looks, I'd rather have an Mini 14 in one of the models with a wood stock than an AR. ARs and the like are butt ugly. I like hardwood, traditional stocks. I'm just weird that way.

I have a Mini-14 and a Mini-30 great little rifles. The AR-15 is like a small block Chevy so many after market parts available for it.
    Yes it was sarcasm.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,628 Senior Member
    The AR-15 is like a small block Chevy so many after market parts available for it.

Interesting analogy.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 821 Senior Member
    In the spring when the baby prairie dogs start showing up (also known as SERTs) I'll go through a thousand rounds of .22 in a day. Day 2 it's .17 HMR and day 3 it's .223.

During the Obama error, there were certain powders that were non-existent for reloading. I heard a dozen rumors why, but I to this day don't know why. It was just gone. Last week I bought 12 lbs of it at Cabela's and the guy said it was the first they've had it 6 years. He said it's now readily available.
    I sure would like to know what the deal was with that.
    Ha ha. I have been working on a brick for a couple years. I shoot my 22 once in a blue moon to make sure I could still hit small game. Probably should shoot more, but I don't want to annoy the neighbors with a 5 month y.o. baby. Not that waiting till they are out of the house does much good. The other neighbors make this place sound like a shooting range. One guy sounds like he sprays and prays. I thought gun control was about hitting what you aim at.

I do sort of make up for it with my pellet gun. Not gonna wake the baby.

Ha ha---that is gun control

Also I like a wood stock----classy---shows pride of workmanship---not plastic extrusion

I'm thinking guns are different symbols to different people---my 22 is a symbol of picking off a ground hog when he's in the wife's veggie garden---just like Bill Murray in Caddyshack..."FREEZE GOPHER"!!
    Take a group of children shooting with you and arm them with Winchester lever guns and a few Ruger 10/22s and set up some reactive targets. Also they all want to play rifleman and dump 18 rounds as fast as they can. Lets not forget the other people of the group that want to try the lever guns. 22s are so much fun for everyone involved. I will also take any of my children's friends with parental approval. And when I'm done with them they all want to do it again. Never had a child go shooting that didn't enjoy the trip. Future gun enthusiasts. When I go shooting by myself I'm good for a brick of 22s.
    Sounds like Henry 22 lever action is just the ticket.

No, how is this his fault. The knucklehead before him caused a panic and the manufactures raised prices and took advantage of the situation. $50.00 for a brick of 22s, $10.00 for a box of 223 have you priced guns and ammo lately? So now their greed has caught up with them, no sympathy here.
    Sigh.

It was not greed. They were running 24 hours, 3 shifts per day, adding equipment to keep up with demand...

Plus by raising the price they control how much each individual can or would buy, thus ensuring more to go around.

This was not greed. Greed was you sonsabitches standing in line as soon as the trucks rolled in at Cabela's and Walmart, and when they started limiting you to two boxes, getting on your cell phone to get your brother, sister, mother to come in and buy two for you.

THAT was greed. And I saw it happen. I just wanted one **** box.

All you had to do was ask.
    All you had to do was ask.
    I did. And was laughed at. Then the guy told me his regulars showed up every time a truck arrived, with their entire family.

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Same up here with powder too. Guys were cussing a blue streak at the hoarding..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    ricinus wrote: »
    Same up here with powder too. Guys were cussing a blue streak at the hoarding..

Mike
    This, friends, is what's called greed. Yet we **** about the companies making the stuff for raising the price.

Idiots abound.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,221 Senior Member
    It wasn't hoarding.

It wasn't greed.

It wasn't consumers.

It was Obama's DHS/BATFE/FEMA cabal that was buying up ammo, selling guns to Mexico, and setting up concentration camps so that they could create a system of instability. This was to have coincided with Jade Helm 15, and allowed Obama to declare martial law in the Southwest and eventually the whole U.S. This period of martial law would have allowed Obama to suspend elections, thereby circumventing the 22nd Amendment and installing himself as dictator/Grand Mullah.

The .22 ammo was being bought up for two reasons:
    A. Anyone who's read survivalist magazines knows that in times of unrest, the lowly .22 is going to be useful both in gathering small game and as a form of "wampum" for negotiating for other ammunition.
    B. As Obama knows through his Muslim Brotherhood, the Israelis are very efficient in using silenced .22s to assassinate political enemies. Taking a page from the Zionist playbook, he was going to set up hit squads to neutralize possible opponents.

Eventually, the plan was for Obama's administration to set up an Islamic theocracy, whereupon they could wage a true War on Christmas and instead have us celebrating Ramadan.
    It wasn't hoarding.

It wasn't greed.

It wasn't consumers.

It was Obama's DHS/BATFE/FEMA cabal that was buying up ammo, selling guns to Mexico, and setting up concentration camps so that they could create a system of instability. This was to have coincided with Jade Helm 15, and allowed Obama to declare martial law in the Southwest and eventually the whole U.S. This period of martial law would have allowed Obama to suspend elections, thereby circumventing the 22nd Amendment and installing himself as dictator/Grand Mullah.

The .22 ammo was being bought up for two reasons:
    A. Anyone who's read survivalist magazines knows that in times of unrest, the lowly .22 is going to be useful both in gathering small game and as a form of "wampum" for negotiating for other ammunition.
    B. As Obama knows through his Muslim Brotherhood, the Israelis are very efficient in using silenced .22s to assassinate political enemies. Taking a page from the Zionist playbook, he was going to set up hit squads to neutralize possible opponents.

Eventually, the plan was for Obama's administration to set up an Islamic theocracy, whereupon they could wage a true War on Christmas and instead have us celebrating Ramadan.

Ah! Ha!....So I've been right all along

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file