Rod Failure Scott S3S 8 weight

Bubba FinghasBubba Finghas Senior MemberPosts: 145 Senior Member
So a lifetime warranty is no longer lifetime because I bought this rod back before 1994?

Not for nothing but I think I`m either going to stick to building my own rods ( again ) or just purchase Thomas and Thomas , Need to send off my 8 weight 2 weeks prior to a little trip down to florida for a busted ferrule and looking on the Scott website I`m out of a lifetime warranty ...
this fall I walked into Thomas and Thomas, handed them my rod and life was good , Yes they still changed me a handling fee to ship it back to me but lifetime is lifetime..

Anyone else have issues like this failure ... I usually lie to carry a couple of rods with me on trips just incase I blow one up ..

Comments

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    St. Croix has stood by their lifetime for me for rods I purchased in the 90s.

Scott and TnT is too rich for my blood.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • Bubba FinghasBubba Finghas Senior Member Posts: 145 Senior Member
    Hey Joe, I fish year round, both south and north . Did my share of breaking St.Croix rods on the Salmon river in Pulaski .. Nothing sucks more than having to purchase another rod while on a fishing trip...:(
    Just glad this one broke while I was home and not on a trip.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,359 Senior Member
    I read the Scott warranty. Here's what it says:

The Scott Lifetime Warranty applies only to the original owner of new graphite and fiberglass rods, and must be registered within 30 days of purchase. Unregistered or resold rods are not covered by this warranty. The warranty does not cover loss or theft, loss or damage caused by transportation such as airlines, UPS, FedEx, US Mail, intentional damage, or damage from neglect.

Scott guarantees every registered fly rod and blank we craft with a serial number greater than 35,000 (made prior to ~1994). If for some reason we can't repair your rod, we'll figure out a replacement strategy with you. Thread colors may vary from those on the original rod. Discontinued cosmetic options and components will be replaced with their most comparable equivalent.

Did you register the rod when you bought it?
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • Bubba FinghasBubba Finghas Senior Member Posts: 145 Senior Member
    Rod was repaired for $50.00 and yes I registered the rod when I purchased, just hate to see "lifetime " change to Limited Lifetime....

the rod was only out for 6 weeks so I was actually impressed when Scott emailed me the tracking for the return... Scott`s MO for repair has not been stellar with some people really complaining.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file