Cody, WY

Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior MemberPosts: 5,345 Senior Member
I'm thinking of heading up there for a few days of fishing and camping. Probably would like to camp along the North Fork of the Shoshone but am open to other suggestions. Any recommendations for decent campgrounds in the area?
Thanks!

Comments

• ScottPScottP Senior Member Posts: 480 Senior Member
    There's a bunch of NFS campgrounds on the road up to YNP. I stayed at Newton Creek a few years ago; nice enough, pretty basic, right on the river; heck of a lot less crowded than ones in the park. Check the regs, some of those campgrounds may not allow soft-sided rigs/tents due to bear; wolves go off like air-raid sirens some nights, which is pretty cool.

Regards,
    Scott
    They say the times are changing but I just don't know
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,345 Senior Member
    Yes, good tip to check to see if they allow tents. I would love to hear a wolf again, only ever heard one in the Sawtooth's (central ID) a few years ago. Haunting.
    Any info on what might be a good smaller creek in the area? I plan on jumping around a bit and hitting lots of water, with the main focus being the Northfork itself. I may even head over and fish the Lamar for an afternoon.
    Thanks again, Scott!
    Edit to add: not going to the Lamar! I had it in my head that Cody was outside the NE entrance to the Pak, not the EAST entrance

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file