Calling All Arborists!

Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior MemberPosts: 5,298 Senior Member
Ok, here is what hapens when you leave a Lab puppy alone in the backyard for 5 minutes.
u7e3e7ed.jpg

I think she has pica. In fact, I have read that all Labs have pica! She is getting better with not eating everything in sight (she ate a frickin' lightbulb when she was about 3 months old). But still loves sticks and, apparently, trees!
So, this happened last week. We planted this tree three years ago and it is a columnar maple (I don't know the variety). So, what actions do I need to take to save this tree? As far as damage, what you see is what you get; there is no other damage to the other side of the tree.
For reference, here is the offender (who is still my good buddy!)
he3ubu5y.jpg

Sent from my ObamaPhone using Tapatalk

Comments

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    Here are a couple of more pics of the pup for the other dog owners on the board.
    First camping/fishing trip two weeks ago.
    qunuzere.jpg

First river/ swimming experience four weeks ago. She loves the river and was a natural. Don't have any pics (just movies) of her going out into the current and retrieving sticks without any problem within 10 minutes of 'learning' to swim. She's a real natural, even when I threw the stick a bit too far and I thought she would struggle a bit. No problems thus far.

tubu9a8a.jpg

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    Ok, one more pic:
    This is the smart looking fur/hair of a Silver Labrador Retriver.
    y5a8a2ab.jpg
    Really, this is a tree question thread but I also know that Joe and others have previous asked about the puppy.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  • bakerloobakerloo Banned Posts: 980 Senior Member
    Nice looking dog. It's virtually impossible to beat a lab. Mine will 2 in a couple of weeks. Have you read any of the "silver lab" controversy?
    Don't no squat about trees, but that sure is a nice wall in your backyard. I like that a lot.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory."
    Aldo Leopold

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file