Southern Maine?

swiperswiper Senior MemberPosts: 395 Senior Member
Gonna be at Old Orchard Beach for a couple days at the end of next week. Any fishing opportunities worth taking my gear along?

Replies

• Bubba FinghasBubba Finghas Senior Member Posts: 145 Senior Member
    I`ll send Swamper this question for you, although he is a wee south of OOB. and you will want to think more salt than fresh this time of the year.
  • swiperswiper Senior Member Posts: 395 Senior Member
    Does anybody use these forums anymore?
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 833 Senior Member
    I keep an eye on it, but really haven't done much fishing in over a month. The last time I went, I spent the entire afternoon waiting for the wind and rainclouds to pass through so I could take my kayak out on the Little Kennebago. Never took the boat off the rack, but I'm hoping September will change that.

Jim
    Thanks Magalloway. I'm still trying to decide whether to make our annual trip up there the end of Sept.
  • magallowaymagalloway Senior Member Posts: 833 Senior Member
    9/16/11
    For what it's worth, Mike, I was on the upper Kennebago today. It was colder that a well digger's destination, with occasional light rain squalls and a high of 41 degrees, but the fish didn't care. We caught four salmon above 17" and a whole bunch of brookies. Are you planning to make it at the end of the month?

Jim
    9/24 - 9/28 @ Grant's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file