One for Ed B

Replies

• EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,843 Senior Member

Yeah, unfortunately the fictional account by the Pentagon is real.

• creekyguycreekyguy Posts: 116 Senior Member

@Squeezlesnits said:
    Man it sure is frustrating when I follow some link and its to something I want to see on a subscription only site...maybe there's a way to get around it....but I don't know it....and I don't know what the article said either.

Was the article sarcasm? Fiction itself? Has the pentagon been writing an untrue report of how things were going in Afghanistan? Is there a serious organization that is really giving it a national award in the fiction category? Is this like something you'd find in the onion? What's the story?

I got on right away, and I pay for nothing. Title says it all.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,071 Senior Member
    edited July 6 #4

@creekyguy said:

Title says it all.

Indeed it does.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 2,071 Senior Member

@Squeezlesnits said:
    Man it sure is frustrating when I follow some link and its to something I want to see on a subscription only site...maybe there's a way to get around it....but I don't know it....and I don't know what the article said either.

Was the article sarcasm? Fiction itself? Has the pentagon been writing an untrue report of how things were going in Afghanistan? Is there a serious organization that is really giving it a national award in the fiction category? Is this like something you'd find in the onion? What's the story?

Yeah, its basically the Onion for veterans. They have some good stuff.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,519 Senior Member

@Squeezlesnits said:

I tightened my drag and then it was free ;)

I haven't checked out DuffelBlog in a couple of years. They have really upped their game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file