In this thread we list all the TV shows JoeK should watch

sherbsherb Senior MemberPosts: 1,891 Senior Member

But can't because he's too busy getting radical. I'll start.

1. The Americans.
  2. The Crown.
  3. forged in fire

Next!

Replies

• bmmikebmmike Posts: 52 Member

Game of Thrones and Vikings are the two that I watch.

• tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,859 Senior Member

i'll second vikings

i binge watched a few seasons of peaky blinders over the winter, but haven't been back

man in the high castle was interesting

Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member

Peaky Blinders
    The Wire
    Stranger Things
    Goliath

I am being forced to watch season 3 of Poldork this month.

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,576 Senior Member

From Netflix or Amazon streaming since we do not pay for cable or satellite.

Vikings
    Justified
    Foyle's War

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,891 Senior Member

Breaking bad
    better call Saul

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 2,031 Senior Member
    edited June 14 #7

Are we talking just current shows?

Homeland
    Into the Badlands
    Billions
    Vikings
    GOTS
    Fauda (Season II just downloaded on Netflix)
    Jessica Jones
    Shameless

Too many to include if we're talking shows no longer in production, but two that come immediately to mind are Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy.

I would highly recommend Godless

edited June 14 #8

I'm watching Godless and am halfway through it. It started out well, but has become a soap opera after five episodes, and the ending seems pretty predictable unless there is a huge triple twist, something like all the wimmins run off with the buffalo soldiers and the preacher and his gang work the mine which now belongs to the sheriff, "Mr. Ward" and the, ahem, schoolmarm. Thus far Lady Mary's boobs have been the standout feature, albeit displayed in very unpleasant circumstances. :/

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member
    edited June 14 #9

(Edit)
    Catastrophe. Hardly ever does a sitcom make me laugh like that one did.

Stick with Godless, George. You will not be disappointed.

@sherb said:
    Breaking bad
    better call Saul

I've watched the first two seasons of Better Call Saul, but can't get excited to watch the third. He's so cringey that it's tough to watch sometimes.

@Steven said:

I will, but my wife hates it so I watch it when she's not home or was watching dancing shows on another TV.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,615 Senior Member

Fox News
    (seriously you guys didn't come up with that...you all are slipping)

“Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,438 Senior Member
    1. Start with The Sopranos. It is one of the shows that paved the path for all other intense and well-crafted cable TV series.
    2. Breaking Bad. Best. Show. Ever.
    3. The Americans
    4. Man in the High Castle
    5. I really liked the first season of Mindhunter. Looking forward to the second season .
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,404 Senior Member
    edited June 15 #15

Fuller House
    Sponge Bob Square Pants
    Rise of the Ninja Turtles.
    Cobra Kai

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    edited June 15 #16

Did I get a paid subscription to YouTube just to watch Cobra Kai?

Of course not.

Narrator: of course he did.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,141 Senior Member
    edited June 15 #17

Guys,

Where am I going to find the time to do this? !

The only ones I have heard of in that list is Jessica Jones, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.

I must be seriously missing out!!!!

I didn't even get home until 9:45 last night after biking! Today I'm only working half day then I'm going to bike for 3-1/2 hours then I'm going out to fish the Drake and Hex hatches that are going on!!!

Maybe tonight I'll pull up YouTube on my phone streamside while waiting for the hatches!

• tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,859 Senior Member

breaking bad was good but went 2.5 seasons (at least) too long.......it wasn't anywhere near as good as say The Wire........

Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 939 Senior Member

Wow, I feel that I spend too much time in front of the TV and I haven't heard of most of these shows.
    The Sopranos was awesome with the worst ending I've ever seen, but loved it.
    Breaking bad slowed in the middle, but what an ending.
    Forged in Fire - best show on tv.
    Netfix has so many good comedies, it's hard to choose.

• swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,550 Senior Member

The stuff I DVR and watch when I have time:
    Forged in Fire
    Street Outlaws
    Wicked Tuna
    Mecum Auto Auctions
    Mike Tyson Mysteries

All of your Trout are belong to me.

Forged in fire is my current favorite. So amazing what those guys can do, especially given the time constraints.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 939 Senior Member

@swizz said:
    The stuff I DVR and watch when I have time:
    Forged in Fire
    Street Outlaws
    Wicked Tuna
    Mecum Auto Auctions
    Mike Tyson Mysteries

I DVR everything and watch it later so I can FF through commercials. What in the heck is "Mike Tyson Mysteries"? Stories like "The missing ear" and "How my face got F****D up"? Stuff like that?

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,404 Senior Member

I would like to point out that B-I-t-chin Rides is shot in SLC

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,660 Senior Member

Archer, cause there is nothing PC about it.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.

@George K said:

@Steven said:

I will, but my wife hates it so I watch it when she's not home or was watching dancing shows on another TV.

Spoiler alert.

So, I watched the last two episodes today. They were good, and I enjoyed the series, but the only thing that was not more or less fully predictable was the role/fate of the black soldiers turned farmers. Some of the sub-plots were just time fillers, the German woman and the ghost Indian warrior for two. It would have been better as a five part series.

The finale was good though; horses going through second and third story windows was a nice touch. :)

• SqueezlesnitsSqueezlesnits Posts: 21 Junior Member

I watch soooooooooooooooooo much television its embarrasing, its debilitating, I no longer do so many of the other things I want to do....oil paint, play my guitars, work on my cars and do all kinds of home improvement projects I've dreamed up to make our house so awesome (and add value)....and I really, really, really get stuck/obsessed with running series....where something 'starts' and then you have to watch a whole season of episodes to find out where it goes....we've got DVR and the list of shows set to automatically record every episode is long, long, long....I record them and binge watch them in the evenings and AM hours....

The Expanse, Vikings, Into the Badlands, Preacher, Hawaii Five O, The Affair, Ray Donovan, The Deuce, Westworld, Twin Peaks, Fargo, American Gods, Mr Robot, Dark, American Horror Story, True Detective, Ash Versus Evil Dead, Stan Against Evil, Archer, Taboo, Queen of the South, Animal Kingdom, The Alienist, The Son, Humans, ....there are soooooo many of them....I can't even think of them all...I'd have to go into the recordings menu on our dvr and see what we've got set to record....and I'm not even going to start with how many series I've watched that aren't on anymore....I'll say this....FX rules for prime time adult content series...TNT and AMC aren't bad...the prime time HBO/Cinemax/Sho/Starz have some great ones....I've got a friend that's into series like me and he's now off into Netflix and HUlu and Amazon and all the others....and I've drawn the line...I'm not going to do that.....I mean...I'm leaving tons of 'series' off the list here because some of them would be embarrassing and some of them I'm not sure of you guys would watch anyway.....we watch a lot of stuff on public television....Downton Abby, Father Brown, stuff like that....I watch a lot of the wierder stuff on Sundance and IFC.....crime drama series in finland or was it greenland or iceland? I like foreign stuff, I like new never been seen or done before stuff, Top of the Lake....The Red Road....Rectify...Hap and Leonard....loved Justified (my mom's people are from north eastern Kentucky), The Killing, Hell On Wheels...and I record and binge watch RHONY....used to watch Vanderpump Rules until this season....that's about it for reality shows.....watch tons and tons and tons of stuff on Bravo,DIY, HGTV, FoodNetwork,CookingChannel.....FlippingOut, MillionDollarListingNY, MillionDollarListingLA, Building off Grid, ContainerLiving, Building Alaska, Building Hawaii, Yard Crashers, Selling NY, ExtremeHomes, BeachFrontBargain, LAkeFrontBargain, BarnwoodBuilders, DesperateLandscapes, HouseCrashers, Diners Drive Ins and Dives, Man Fire Food, Best of (some food), good Eats, Tyler's Ultimate, secret eats, etc etc etc...

For several months now I've been increasingly more and more everyday watching less and less and wanting to cancel some of the packages and go with one of those low cost (29 to 39 buck) services with a few channels...there's so much I want to do...I've got so many interests...and I just plop down in front of the huge flat screen (70 inch) with 7.1 sound and.....gone...gone baby gone!

Believe it or not what I really watch most is movies....tons....new ones, old ones, ones I've seen hundreds of times....I watch like zero sports except for Suoerbowl and various auto races (got the 24hrs of Lemans on record right now) ....oh...and then there's that...I watch lots of auto shows too....oh and Axis.....bands doing live performances...

I've got paintings in my head, music I want to make and songs I want to play on my guitars, tons of home improvement projects...and believe it or not I even manage to do all the housework, shopping, and cooking awesome meals....

Somethings gotta give though...and its going to be television....I hope....

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file