Yet Another "Republican Family Values" Candidate

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 8,576 Senior Member

:)

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Pimp Dennis Hof, the owner of half a dozen legal brothels in Nevada and star of the HBO adult reality series “Cathouse,” won a Republican primary for the state Legislature on Tuesday, ousting a three-term lawmaker.

Hof defeated hospital executive James Oscarson. He’ll face Democrat Lesia Romanov in November, and will be the favored candidate in the Republican-leaning Assembly district.

Hof celebrated his win at a party in Pahrump with Hollywood Madam Heidi Fleiss at his side.

**“It’s all because Donald Trump was the Christopher Columbus for me,” Hof told the Associated Press in a phone call. “He found the way and I jumped on it.”

Hof, who wrote a book titled “The Art of the Pimp,” has dubbed himself “The Trump of Pahrump,” and held a rally with longtime Trump adviser Roger Stone. Hof was in the limelight in 2015, when former NBA player Lamar Odom was found unconscious at Hof’s Love Ranch brothel in Crystal, Nevada, after a four-day, $75,000 stay.
If Hof wins in November, he wouldn’t be the only brothel owner in elected office — Lance Gilman, the owner of the famous Mustang Ranch in northern Nevada, is a Storey County Commissioner...

https://apnews.com/2f083777e5d6431389d7e7e5c3398c5b/Nevada-pimp-Dennis-Hof-wins-GOP-primary,-ousts-incumbent

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Replies

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,656 Senior Member

For four days at $75,000,, I'd better be passed out.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member

Under the current climate

You cannot be surprised

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 939 Senior Member

@Bushart said:

You cannot be surprised

That's a fact. The radicals from both sides are winning and we are getting more and more divided.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,438 Senior Member

@CO Native said:

@Bushart said:

You cannot be surprised

That's a fact. The radicals from both sides are winning and we are getting more and more divided.

^^^ This.

I'm really hoping the Dems field someone is 2020 who isn't a radical leftist. Mitt Romney recently made a statement that he thinks Trump will win in 2020 because the Democrats will nominate someone who is so far out of the mainstream.

I honestly loved Bernie's message but there was no way in he!! I was going to vote for him then or now. Same with Warren. If the Democrats had the balls to run some white, male, left-leaning centrists they would win a lot more elections.

Joe Biden?

@MikeA said:
    Joe Biden?

I know people will laugh at me but I love me some Joe Biden.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,891 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:

@MikeA said:
    Joe Biden?

I do too. He’s a good dude. We’re on opposite sides politically but I know we would be boozing and laughing together in no time.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,615 Senior Member

Meh its not Idaho...perfectly legal. On that not there is movement because of Hoff's candidacy to get rid of legalized prostitution in Nevada.

“Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,660 Senior Member
    edited June 14 #10

@Shawn C. said:

@MikeA said:
    Joe Biden?

I like him too. Can't think of anybody else who is left of center who has a chance. Is there anybody else now?

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 629 Senior Member

I heard CO Gov Hickenlooper on the NPR game show "wait, wait, don't tell me" (I think I got that right) the other Saturday morning. He was asked if he is running in 2020 and he definitely didn't rule it out. I don't know anything about him, personally or policy-wise, but he genuinely laughed at the gags and overall sounded like a good sport. What do you Coloradans have to say?

edited June 14 #12

@Shawn C. said:

@MikeA said:
    Joe Biden?

He's the best candidate from the dems thats shown interest so far. They should ask Bernie to sit this one out though. On second thought he should run. And so should Hitlery. 😊

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,404 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:

@CO Native said:

@Bushart said:

You cannot be surprised

^^^ This.

I'm really hoping the Dems field someone is 2020 who isn't a radical leftist. Mitt Romney recently made a statement that he thinks Trump will win in 2020 because the Democrats will nominate someone who is so far out of the mainstream.

I honestly loved Bernie's message but there was no way in he!! I was going to vote for him then or now. Same with Warren. If the Democrats had the balls to run some white, male, left-leaning centrists they would win a lot more elections.

Wait? So Trump is mainstream?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,576 Senior Member

@FishTX said:

@Shawn C. said:

@MikeA said:
    Joe Biden?

I like him too. Can't think of anybody else who is left of center who has a chance. Is there anybody else now?

Well, there is Smiling Boy, AKA Tim Kaine.

p.s. to Comic - Trump not only is mainstream, he IS the GOP. He owns at least 99% of those in Congress, body and soul, not to mention "the base".

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

@fishingcomic said:

Wait? So Trump is mainstream?

I'm not sure that was part of his thought process. He's just pandering to the Trumpanzees so he can get his senate seat. But maybe he does think that simply because Trump is a white male?

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 2,031 Senior Member
    edited June 14 #16

D-a-m-m-i-t. I just came back from Vegas and I missed the party.

@Green Mt Boy said:
    I heard CO Gov Hickenlooper on the NPR game show "wait, wait, don't tell me" (I think I got that right) the other Saturday morning. He was asked if he is running in 2020 and he definitely didn't rule it out. I don't know anything about him, personally or policy-wise, but he genuinely laughed at the gags and overall sounded like a good sport. What do you Coloradans have to say?

I'd take Biden over Dickenlooper. That dude is spineless and not someone I'd want representing my country. His first term was okay, then he just kind of fell apart. He's made some pretty tough decisions on pot laws (some good some bad in my opinion), but he spineless when it comes to the tough decisions (death penalty).

Gary, is he spineless or just against capital punishment? If his value system does not permit the State killing people I would not say it is lack of moral fortitude; rather courage of conviction.

@Steven said:

Maybe not...did you go to Nye county?

“Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean

@jbilly said:

@Steven said:

I'm guessing not many MOTs in Nye County. ;)

@Shawn C. said:

@jbilly said:

@Steven said:

I'm guessing not many MOTs in Nye County. ;)

Its possible Steven could have been the first

-Howard Screamin Dean

@Shawn C. said:
    Gary, is he spineless or just against capital punishment? If his value system does not permit the State killing people I would not say it is lack of moral fortitude; rather courage of conviction.

No, he's spineless. He sways to who yells the loudest and this state has become another California so you know who's yelling the loudest. I'm 100% convinced the next Governor will be much worse because the liberals have taken over here. Everyone running on both sides are radicals (see my comment about about that).

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 2,031 Senior Member

I really doubt I would have been the first MOT at the Chicken Ranch.

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,891 Senior Member

As to the subject of this thread, a conservative in Nevada isn't a conservative in Tennessee or Georgia. Southern Baptists are few and far between out west. Its actually not that unusual to run as a Republican out West and have a colorful past.

@sherb said:
    Its actually not that unusual to run as a Republican out West and have a colorful past.

Frequently they have a colorful present

-Howard Screamin Dean

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file