Funniest Thing I've Seen in Decades

WetdogWetdog Senior MemberPosts: 5,101 Senior Member

...that I can remember......

We watched "Red Sparrow" last night. The opening scene was of Jennifer Lawrence pretending to be a a Ballet dancer at the Bolshoi. She looked like a female hockey player and moved along with the grace of a fifty year old Rosie Greer (good man btw). We both burst out laughing. She would have been the first to be voted out of one of those TV dance shows. I visualize it this morning and still get a good laugh.

as for the movie, it barely made a "C-" it did use up a couple hours.. head shaking

I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
I find the willingness to give it up frightening.

Replies

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,404 Senior Member

Funniest thing you've seen in decades. Are you sure?

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,101 Senior Member

@fishingcomic said:
    Funniest thing you've seen in decades. Are you sure?

Well considering I've lost much of twenty years, I'd say yes. ;) :#

• SqueezlesnitsSqueezlesnits Posts: 21 Junior Member

Interestingly when I entered the text string 'fat ballet dancers' in Google I received pages and pages of hits....from actual real live plus sized and everything in between sized ballet dancers filling out the ranks in top (national and commercial) ballet troupes since the dawn of time...but also lots of articles and essays and interviews from people top to bottom in ballet ranks and circles about the trials and issues of what are now being called 'non-traditional' ballet dancers, the problems and struggles they face because of 'weigh ins' and expectations for a specific body type, and a movement quite popular and increasing throughout the entire ranks of ballet worldwide to break the paradigm that a female ballet dancer has to be petite and seriously underweight.

So its apparently quite ordinary, some people just don't think its quote ordinary, because the other 'story', the petite, young, no breast, anorexic ballet dancer, is the most imagined and thought about.

@Squeezlesnits said:
    Interestingly when I entered the text string 'fat ballet dancers' in Google I received pages and pages of hits....from actual real live plus sized and everything in between sized ballet dancers filling out the ranks in top (national and commercial) ballet troupes since the dawn of time...but also lots of articles and essays and interviews from people top to bottom in ballet ranks and circles about the trials and issues of what are now being called 'non-traditional' ballet dancers, the problems and struggles they face because of 'weigh ins' and expectations for a specific body type, and a movement quite popular and increasing throughout the entire ranks of ballet worldwide to break the paradigm that a female ballet dancer has to be petite and seriously underweight.

So its apparently quite ordinary, some people just don't think its quote ordinary, because the other 'story', the petite, young, no breast, anorexic ballet dancer, is the most imagined and thought about.

I am just saying she had no grace. Her body type really means nothing to me...well I am glad that she isn't anorexic or something. My hockey player comment comes from she physically looked exactly like a bar manager (Jenna) I know, she's played hockey for at least twenty years.

• SqueezlesnitsSqueezlesnits Posts: 21 Junior Member

I'm sorry, I wasn't criticizing or judging you or anything you said, I am just super obsessed with knowledge and highly analytical and when anything Ive never thoroughly analyzed and experienced crosses my senses it sparks my curiosity and I want to know things and badda bing badda boom there it is....I googled fat ballet dancers and found the content returned very interesting...nothing personal...I'm like that with millions of things a day...always have been.

I never took it personal, just clarifying.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file