Pro Travel Tip

StevenSteven Senior MemberPosts: 1,966 Senior Member

if you forget your collar stays, you can use appropriately shaped pieces of business cards instead.

Replies

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,785 Senior Member

Now this is a life hack worth knowing about.

There is nothing worse than a collar without a collar stay. Tres gauche.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 897 Senior Member

Hmmm, my tee shirts, tank tops and fishing shirts don't have these. My funeral/wedding shirt does though ;-)

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,485 Senior Member

I still have a box of collar stays and a few cuff link sets, although I don't know why. The few times a year I wear a tie it's with a button down collar shirt. Weddings, funerals, christenings, bars/bats and a fishing banquet. So far this year it's just been the fishing banquet.

It's good to be retired. :D

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member

@CO Native said:
    Hmmm, my tee shirts, tank tops and fishing shirts don't have these. My funeral/wedding shirt does though ;-)

This was a tip for pros. So basically just me and sherb.

@Steven said:

@CO Native said:

And I tend to need a lot more fashion advice than Steven. Not even decent collar stays can undo the retina damage caused by my dark blue shirt and brown blazer.

@sherb said:

And I tend to need a lot more fashion advice than Steven. Not even decent collar stays can undo the retina damage caused by my dark blue shirt and brown blazer. >

A white and lime green tie would go well with that outfit - impress the hell out of judges and jurors, and scare opposing counsel half to death.

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 897 Senior Member

@Steven said:

@CO Native said:

Hey, I'm a pro. I do just as good of job working from home in my underwear as anybody in a suit in an office does. My home office even has flannel shirt Fridays in the winter and Naked Fridays in the summer. That's how professional I am.
    I just don't understand why the neighbors that face my office no longer open their curtains on weekdays.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,580 Senior Member

I didn't realize collar stay pockets were even there till the last thread about them :). My Peter Millar shirts need them but most of the others Brooks Bro don't, at least IMO. That said I picked up my shirts today in the new town we live in and I have been noticing they are higher than my previous cleaner. I noticed today that there is a $1.98 "environmental fee" for every 6 shirts. SMFH. I just dropped Sirrus XM because of the "music royalty fee". I mean isn't that what Sirrus XM is? A music provider?? Really?

I'm tired of all the add, on not advertised, fees. I'll probably drive back to my old cleaners who was a sweet asian lady who never surprised me with inflated prices and extra fees.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,380 Senior Member

@MikeA said:

I noticed today that there is a $1.98 "environmental fee" for every 6 shirts. SMFH. I just dropped Sirrus XM because of the "music royalty fee". I mean isn't that what Sirrus XM is? A music provider?? Really?

I'm tired of all the add, on not advertised, fees. I'll probably drive back to my old cleaners who was a sweet asian lady who never surprised me with inflated prices and extra fees.

I give this 6 out of 10 "Get Off My Lawn" points. B)

@Shawn C. said:

We need to use this more. Maybe call it the Shawn scale?

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,587 Senior Member

@sherb said:

@Shawn C. said:

We need to use this more. Maybe call it the Shawn scale?

The LDShawn scale

“Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,380 Senior Member

To whom it may concern (and you know who you are):

G O T O H E L L

Actually, Hell is a fairly pleasant place. I've been there two or three times.

https://www.lifeinnorway.net/hell-norway/

Note: Sorry to disappoint, but "Gods Expedition" translates roughly as "outbound freight".

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,587 Senior Member

@Shawn C. said:
    To whom it may concern (and you know who you are):

G O T O H E L L

Sherb are you gonna let him talk to you like that?

“Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,766 Senior Member

@MikeA said:
    I just dropped Sirrus XM because of the "music royalty fee". I mean isn't that what Sirrus XM is? A music provider?? Really?

That is worthy of a thread all by itself. F'n SiriusXM.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• WetdogWetdog Senior Member Posts: 5,079 Senior Member

I think hell would be having concerns about collar stays.

I find the assault on free thought disturbing,
    I find the willingness to give it up frightening.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,347 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    Now this is a life hack worth knowing about.

There is nothing worse than a collar without a collar stay. Tres gauche.

Paper clips also.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

Another good tip. That's one i can use

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file