Paul Ryan Wants To Spend More Time With His Family

George KGeorge K Super ModeratorPosts: 8,355 Senior Member

As someone once said, "If you believe that, I have a bridge you might like to buy."

"...Mr. Ryan may be oblivious to the ultimate cause of his entirely free and unforced decision to spend more time with his kids, but it is, in a nutshell, Paul Ryan. He is truly the author of his own destiny.

Politics isn’t physics, but a governing Republican philosophy that sees it as a moral imperative to slash the budgets of social programs that benefit mainly older and working-class white people is bound, sooner or later, to drive a party of mainly older and working-class white people off a cliff. The slow-motion disaster now unfolding in Washington results in no small measure from Mr. Ryan’s puzzling success in persuading Republican elites that they could flourish as the party of free-market, anti-redistributive convictions...

...Mr. Ryan’s ideas have always resonated with the corporate Republican donor class. But they are indifferent, at best, to the challenges faced by the mass of ordinary Republican voters. For decades, American innovation and growth has been largely concentrating in a handful of big liberal cities. When the recovery finally came, it came to the Democratic metropolis. Most of the sparse Republican outlands never bounced back.

Jobs were scarce, opioid addiction was rife, and life felt insecure. Indeed, life expectancy for many rural whites fell. A few red states graced with booming metro areas, like Texas, flourished under Republican regimes of low taxes and light regulation. But in more rural Republican states, like Kansas under Mr. Ryan’s mentor and former boss, Gov. Sam Brownback, taxes had been cut to the bone, and the promised boom never materialized to make up for the loss and degradation of public services..."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/13/opinion/paul-ryan-donald-trump-republicans.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

Comments

• EchoTestEchoTest Posts: 338 Senior Member

Paul Ryan can do whatever he want's and if it only affects himself or is between consenting adults I got no feelings about it whatsoever! If he starts messing with kids, handicapped people, animals, some women who can't fend for themselves, stuff like that....well....then he and I are going to have a lot more than words!

So here’s what I would do if I wanted to have more than words with Ryan (as above in 280 characters or less)….I wouldn’t spend money flying or traveling any where to have more than words with him…probably not much time either….besides there are

people who have an implicit contract with the rest of the people in this country that states if they reap the benefits of this country they owe at least the taxpayers of this country to also stand up for them if somebody crosses the line so they are on duty in

their part of the country and its responsibility to take care of people in mine…well…except for the case of national eleciitons and then we all are…but I digress….here’s what I do when I need to have more than words with people…..not because I’m chicken

but because I don’t like being hassled by authority types and I don’t like the mess….so what I do is go to the dollar store and get a bunch of those cheap bags of 1.5 inch diameter split apart plastic easter eggs……you know…the one’s that you can put

things like little candy and gifts in….but they have to be the small size…..then you have to go online and find and order some British sized golf balls in metal cans,,,,and you have to make sure they’re British sized and not US or they won’t work….because

all you really want is the can……which you’re going to fashion into a pneumatic compressed air cannon using the eggs……you could’ just buy one of those pump up cannons like a t-shirt cannon but then you have to buy the jumbo plastic eggs which are harder to source and

don’t have the range necessary to pull off covert operations….anyway….next source some domestic or imported dog p00…..a grassy knoll along a know route for your target…and you can figure out the rest…..and that’s what I’d do if I needed to have more than words with someone…

well...someone I didn't want to kill anyway....

And now I axe you...would you rather have read this in one post, or in TWEETER STYLE as above, do you have another preference, or would you rather not read it at all of course?

• George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,355 Senior Member

There should be a TKP award.

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.

And now I realized I've lapsed into with what look like elipsis by series of lots of dots as my stream of consciousness speaks in stutters (she has a speech impediment, she's excitable) and I could use half the tweets and say just as much if I just never used another dot...not even for periods....just one big run on sentence in six or so tweets...oops...just did it again...then again....awwwww c'mon girl....stop that!

Oh...Paul Ryan? Well...you've got to admit....we're all weird....nice to know he is too....makes him human...which is a whole lot better than being a big old roach alien wearing a droopy skin suit like Nancy Pelosi....right? Am I right? Huh? Huh? Am I right?

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member

I actually found the comment about being a weekend dad believable. I doubt it was the reason, but I suspect it was a factor.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,622 Senior Member

Oh, it was a factor.

You can never get that time back.

'Member that thing that Presby minister dad character in that famous semi-autobiographical novel always said? 'A million times the amount, half as much!'

Well...he was talking about the differences between a CEO and a politican's pay compared to the amount of games, stress, and BS they put up with....

Only way I'd be president is because of all the swag they get, cool places they get to go, parties and celebrations, and Presidential stuff they got...

Custom JB Hill boots, saddles, golf clubs in personally customize bags, they get tons of free swag......world capitols, our nation's capitals and centers of commerce and social activity and the world series, G summits...they get to go play in all kinds of cool places.....all the special dinners and parties...inauguration....Mexico State dinner...Kennedy Center Honors...Receptions for visiting leaders of governments, other dignitaries, celebrities, Pulitzer prize winners, championship teams.....party part party all night like a lumberjack.....Presidential retreat, Camp David, Helicopters and planes, secret mirrored rotating round bed with wet bar and sound system-entertainment system behind that secret panel in the oval office, bowling alley in the house he gets, private gourmet chef and pantry stocked with all his favorites, and if I was Trump I'd tell them reporters they have to come outside the Oval office and we'll open the slider so we can talk but you don't muck up the place...while I convert the press room back into a swimming pool like it was originally intended.....

Yeah...swag and bennies....they'd have to be grand...and negotiable...and grand...or I wouldn't do it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file