Imagine that you are the CEO of a large social media company. . .

Comments

• sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,622 Senior Member

democracy: two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,218 Senior Member

Who still uses "dungarees" as a term?

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2018/04/09/larry-kudlow-suggests-mark-zuckerberg-stop-with-the-phony-baloneyhoodies-and-dungarees/23407130/

And I used AOL as a source, because I'm sure Kudlow still uses it for his internet provider of choice.

edited April 10 #10

Best argument for limited government imaginable: a group of octogenarians arrogating to themselves the power to regulate billion dollar industries that they understand about as well as that unused commodore 64 out in the garage.

• jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,548 Senior Member

I like that they gave him a booster seat. Its just like the one my kid uses when we go to the barber. :D

“Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member

Jeez Sherb, you have the day off?

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member

Thanks for the laughs, Sherb.

Did anyone mention anything about a series of tubes?

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,462 Senior Member

I listened to most of it. Painful. I can almost guarantee Mark is somewhere drunk AF right now.

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member

Thanks for all the work. I'm going to copy these to FB. I'm sure I won't get in trouble for posting them unless their grandchildren help them get online.

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member

The Cruz tweet is the best.

Vote Beto O'Rourke

"We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,355 Senior Member

The Senators did score a few points, though. I especially liked when ZB was asked if he would like to tell everyone which hotel he stayed in the previous night/

Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member

I bet some of these Senators thought someone actually was trying to find out what kind of potato you would be.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • EchoTestEchoTest Posts: 338 Senior Member

Funny you should mention this. Between my stints as a submarine captain and groomer of trained acrobatic Galapagos Iguanas in a traveling Mexican circus....I was the CEO of a large social media company....a non disclosure agreement to avoid prosecution prevents me from publicly disclosing which one...but I can tell you it was HUGE without violating it.....

@Goldenladle said:

Nah, it was low-hanging fruit. If I'd have put my back into it, I could've posted 50.

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,462 Senior Member
    edited April 11 #26

@sherb said:

@Goldenladle said:

Nah, it was low-hanging fruit. If I'd have put my back into it, I could've posted 50.

A day at work with Sherb putting his back into it. :smiley:

• EchoTestEchoTest Posts: 338 Senior Member

Oh...I see now....this discussion was about something else...it wasn't about imagining I was the CEO of a social media company....it was about some guy being asked a bunch of questions by some senators....well....that's different! Never mind! (Miss Emily Litella)

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 820 Senior Member

That gif with the computer disappearing just made my day!!!!

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,218 Senior Member

@sherb said:
    Best argument for limited government imaginable: a group of octogenarians arrogating to themselves the power to regulate billion dollar industries that they understand about as well as that unused commodore 64 out in the garage.

Thought for the day... maybe instead of term limits we should have an age limit?

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,532 Senior Member

@breamfisher said:

@sherb said:

Thought for the day... maybe instead of term limits we should have an age limit?

One would think IQ limits---But I know some high scorers that I would'nt want as leader
    Is there a score for common sense?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file