Give me your description in detail

Replies

• CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 939 Senior Member

1 great response (thanks George) and a couple of incomplete ones and a smart **** answer as expected from Comic.

George: I agree 100% with mag size and your solution for getting them off of the street. I have 4 30 round mags for my ARs. I bought them because I have a speed loader at home and can load them in minutes. When I go out shooting, I never have to reload the mags, I just shoot until I'm done. It was purely convenience for me and I'd be happy to give them up (if the government would trade them out for 5 rounders).

I like the confiscation of the weapon, but if it's not attached, then what? Confiscate just the mag?
    I believe that stolen weapons penalty needs to be much stiffer as well. If you have a stolen weapon with a large mag (including pistols), then the penalty needs to double.

@NZ Indicator said:
    Interesting to note over the years that handguns have killed more people than those scary rifles everyone keeps talking about. By a very large margin.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-4.xls

I'd be willing to bet that most of the handgun deaths are gang related. As long as they keep shooting each other, I think we should supply the ammo.

Problem with the AR and large capacity mags is the range and accuracy. As the people are trying to hide, you can just keep tracking them out to say 100 yards. With a pistol, that range is much less and the accuracy is 90% less. The velocity of the bullet does much more damage as well.
    When my daughter first took up shooting, she couldn't hit the target at 10 yards with a pistol, but was shooting 3 inch groups at 50 yards with my rifles. This makes any moron much more deadly.

Being a die hard gun guy, if I was going to go nuts on a crowd, the AR would be my choice (an SBR actually).
    So I see the point of the left. On the other hand, if you were to ban AR's completely, people would be printing 30 round mags for the .270 semi auto winchesters. I've seen 'em, so I know it's possible.
    So now your basic hunting rifle is nothing but an "assault" rifle.

• NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,138 Senior Member

If you tell an American he can't have something...He'll find a way to get it.

• fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,400 Senior Member

@CO Native said:
    1 great response (thanks George) and a couple of incomplete ones and a smart **** answer as expected from Comic.

George: I agree 100% with mag size and your solution for getting them off of the street. I have 4 30 round mags for my ARs. I bought them because I have a speed loader at home and can load them in minutes. When I go out shooting, I never have to reload the mags, I just shoot until I'm done. It was purely convenience for me and I'd be happy to give them up (if the government would trade them out for 5 rounders).

I like the confiscation of the weapon, but if it's not attached, then what? Confiscate just the mag?
    I believe that stolen weapons penalty needs to be much stiffer as well. If you have a stolen weapon with a large mag (including pistols), then the penalty needs to double.

Not a smart **** comment, an honest question.

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@NZ Indicator said:

But then it would be illegal and you could arrest them,

'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan

@fishingcomic said:

@NZ Indicator said:

Yeah....sure... The fact that drugs are illegal could get someone arrested has been a great deterrent in the world of drugs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/03/06/emergency-room-data-shows-the-opioid-crisis-continues-to-expand-rapidly/?utm_term=.086208c5c0d4

@NZ Indicator said:

@fishingcomic said:

@NZ Indicator said:

Yeah....sure... The fact that drugs are illegal could get someone arrested has been a great deterrent in the world of drugs.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/03/06/emergency-room-data-shows-the-opioid-crisis-continues-to-expand-rapidly/?utm_term=.086208c5c0d4

So we should legalize all drugs and make shoplifting legal also?

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,816 Senior Member
    edited March 8 #39

Gasoline would work better than an AR-15 should we ban this also. It's the mindset plenty of available tools to carry out carnage if one so desires. Detecting this mindset is the problem this guy sang it from the top of the mountain and everyone ignored him. Tell me how to fix that.

Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

You know if the government would buy this stuff at a decent market value I'm sure people would sell them.

@fishingcomic said:

@NZ Indicator said:

@fishingcomic said:

The point is to show just how stupid your point was.

LOL!!!

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 9,573 Senior Member

Doubling the sentences for stolen firearms wouldn't do anything for school shootings. Weren't all of the weapons used in school shootings legally obtained?

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,432 Senior Member

@Buffco said:
    Doubling the sentences for stolen firearms wouldn't do anything for school shootings. Weren't all of the weapons used in school shootings legally obtained?

That is what is reported, yes.

So, in the interest of joining the conversation and getting yelled at by rightwads, here are my thoughts on this:

Get rid of all semi-automatic weapons. Want to defend yourself? Buy a revolver. Want to hunt? Buy a bolt action or lever action? Wing shooting? Pump action. You want to target shoot but find the lack of semi-auto an inconvenience? Man the phuck up.

How would any of this work? I'm not sure. I don't really want to confiscate or buy back weapons from law abiding citizens but if that is in the interest of the greater good, then I would vote for it. At least make them illegal to purchase.

Also, to what others said, bigly increase penalties for illegal sales and make it difficult for prospective gun owners to even get one. Accomplish this by gun registration and some kind of licensing.

I give zero **** about the legality or constitutionality of any of the above proposals.

I'm not even going to bring up the societal problems and lack of adequate access to mental health in the U.S. because that is a separate can of worms.

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,781 Senior Member

As a hunter---and I believe I'm qualified to speak on this with more than 40 plus years experience....
    I have no use for a semi

Guess I'll brag a bit and say my shots usually count---so I didn't need repeated shots quickly

Ask most hunter worth their salt---they'll say the same---make that one shot count---otherwise---Don't take it

On another note discussed.....I'm shooting an 06 with a 2x7 Vortex scope most days---I'm close to driving tacks--target shooting
    Shot a 9mm handgun once---the barn door was more than safe

@Bushart said:
    As a hunter---and I believe I'm qualified to speak on this with more than 40 plus years experience....
    I have no use for a semi

Guess I'll brag a bit and say my shots usually count---so I didn't need repeated shots quickly

Ask most hunter worth their salt---they'll say the same---make that one shot count---otherwise---Don't take it

On another note discussed.....I'm shooting an 06 with a 2x7 Vortex scope most days---I'm close to driving tacks--target shooting
    Shot a 9mm handgun once---the barn door was more than safe

**** you have more experience than Sherb. This tack driving target shooting is at what range?

75 yards---leaning on a bale of hay---most if not all animals here in the thick bush get shot under 100 yds

I also could see one exception to a semi--that would be a 12ga for waterfowl hunters---where your looking to get a few all at once
    Never seen a huge magazine for shotguns tho--sooo...

I should also mention---my accuracy really dialed in when I went to a better class ammo

@Shawn C. said:

Get rid of all semi-automatic weapons. Want to defend yourself? Buy a revolver. Want to hunt? Buy a bolt action or lever action? Wing shooting? Pump action. You want to target shoot but find the lack of semi-auto an inconvenience? Man the phuck up.

So punish the law abiding masses because of the deeds of a few?

Mind you...I'm not a gun nut or even a gun enthusiast. I own a total of two shotguns that I use for grouse hunting.

@Buffco said:

School shootings are a drop in the bucket, that's why I'm not sure about the knee jerk reaction to it. Maybe because most people dying by guns are inner city gang members and like me, people don't care.

I mentioned the doubling of sentencing because all the stolen guns my son has confiscated have been taken off people with warrants or felons. These people are back on the streets stealing more weapons in a short period of time. Need to make that hurt because if you've got warrants or are a felon, then you probably aren't using it for fun or sport.

• Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 629 Senior Member

@Green Mt Boy said:
    The only type of gun control scheme that would have a meaningful, positive effect would be to require periodic licensure to own/possess a semi-automatic long gun or hand gun. As long as you are not a whack-a-doodle you'd be able to own/possess any type of semi automatic.

I want to apologize for my use of the term "whack-a-doodle." It was insensitive and overlooks the fact that mental health issues can afflict anyone through no fault of their own.

@NZ Indicator said:

@Shawn C. said:

** So punish the law abiding masses because of the deeds of a few?

**>

Mind you...I'm not a gun nut or even a gun enthusiast. I own a total of two shotguns that I use for grouse hunting.

we do that all the time.

@CO Native said:

@Buffco said:

School shootings are a drop in the bucket, that's why I'm not sure about the knee jerk reaction to it.

You know your right.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/toddlers-killed-americans-terrorists/

@fishingcomic said:

@CO Native said:

@Buffco said:

School shootings are a drop in the bucket, that's why I'm not sure about the knee jerk reaction to it.

You know your right.

Snopes, you are kidding right.

I guess as an Alex Jones fan it might be hard to accept. But it is not the only source.

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with that snopes post. Very young children accidentally shooting themselves or others has nothing to do with what this thread is even about.

99% of the time with Comic it's like this. That's why the snopes post.

• GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,771 Senior Member

On the left side of your post there are two icons, a square and the gear icon. Click on the gear and you can edit or delete your post.> @Buford said:

@fishingcomic said:

@CO Native said:

@Buffco said:

You know your right.

What exactly is wrong with snopes?

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,432 Senior Member

@NZ Indicator said:

So punish the law abiding masses because of the deeds of a few?

Yep. Exactly. Glad you got my point.

What exactly is wrong with snopes?

It challenges the conspiracy theories of the nutjobs.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file