Favour Before Everyone goes Weekend

BushartBushart Senior MemberPosts: 1,687 Senior Member
[URL="[url=https://postimg.org/image/c9u6nljvf/][img]https://s17.postimg.org/c9u6nljvf/dakota.jpg[/img][/url]"][/url]dakota.jpg

Yesterday was a tough day as I had to put down my friend of 14 years

I rescued him from a bullet when he was a pup---he was an Alaskan Husky

I've had other dogs in my life but this guy was special---smarter than most people and knew so much that I never taught him

So this weekend if your tipping your glass---maybe just even give it a small raise and think "Dakota"

Thanks

Replies

• FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,645 Senior Member
    Sounds like Dakota was a lucky to have you as you were to have him.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,687 Senior Member
    Thanks Fish---I kidded with the vet that he likely ate more prime rib than most people

This one hurts a lot
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,376 Senior Member
    I'm very sorry for the loss of your furry friend. It sounds like you had a good long run together and I know your memories of him will bring you joy after your time of mourning.

I will have a toast for Dakota this weekend.

Take care.
    Thanks Shawn---and I appreciate my old friend being toasted in Utah

He was a snow dog so you had something in common
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 623 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear. Sip poured for Dakota.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,809 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Amazing how close one can get to their dog. I'll tip a glass for Dakota.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,340 Senior Member
    Bushart wrote: »
    [URL="[url=https://postimg.org/image/c9u6nljvf/][img]https://s17.postimg.org/c9u6nljvf/dakota.jpg[/img][/url]"][/url]dakota.jpg

Yesterday was a tough day as I had to put down my friend of 14 years

I rescued him from a bullet when he was a pup---he was an Alaskan Husky

I've had other dogs in my life but this guy was special---smarter than most people and knew so much that I never taught him

So this weekend if your tipping your glass---maybe just even give it a small raise and think "Dakota"

Thanks

So sorry for your loss. He was a good looking dog.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,547 Senior Member
    It is one of the hardest things in life. I shine to the same type of dogs and really feel your pain. I'll be hugging mine a little tighter today. You each had a tremendous gift in sharing your lives with each other and he will always be with you now. Hang in there my friend and please get another pup when you are ready.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,480 Senior Member
    Sounds like the story of my last dog, except for the bullet. She came from a shelter and had been abused, never got over her fear of water.

My sincerest condolences. Console yourself with the 14 years of memories, that should help.

A toast will be made this evening.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    Thanks all
    You guys are great

I think that the use of social media here to have a glass raised from far away areas was the last thing I could do for the old guy

Again you guys are the greatest
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,251 Senior Member
    Sorry for your loss. Dogs are great, and good dogs are particularly special.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,586 Senior Member
    I too am sorry to hear you lost your buddy Dakota. I'm drinking an old fashioned now thinking of dogs like him and ones we've all had over the years. You can't beat the love, happiness and affection of a good dog.
    “Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    Sorry I missed this Friday.

My condolences. Losing a good dog, friend and family member is so, so tough.
    Thanks guys

It is hard----unfortunately we were not doing him any favours going on

Trouble with his hips---he kept falling down and couldn't get up and his eyesight was not great

Thanks everyone again for the thoughts
  • MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,579 Senior Member
    Tough times for sure my friend. Just put my 13 year old chocolate down this fall. Saying good bye to our best friend is never easy, and the stabbing pain of their absence remains for a while. It's the worst part of pet ownership but worth every second that you had with them.
    You bet----It was tough coming home from the vet and seeing his dishes still there and his mat

They do become family
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,966 Senior Member
    Our first dog had been at the vet, receiving treatment, before it was decided to stop. On the way to the vet to say goodbye, we stopped at the ASPCA to drop off her bowls, toys, meds, etc.

The woman behind the desk asked if she could help me. I couldn't say a word...I handed her the stuff and ran out...crying.
    Well I admit I walked out of the office in tears
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 895 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about this. I keep telling myself I'll never get another dog because there isn't one that will hold a candle to the last one and they get old too fast and it's tough losing them. Then I get another one and it's as good as the last, just different.
    I can't really live without that unconditional love you get from a dog.
    CO Native wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about this. I keep telling myself I'll never get another dog because there isn't one that will hold a candle to the last one and they get old too fast and it's tough losing them. Then I get another one and it's as good as the last, just different.
    I can't really live without that unconditional love you get from a dog.

Thanks and yes they don't judge us--really are man's best friend

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file