Bipartisan opposition to Sessions' change in DOJ policy regarding Marijuana

sherbsherb Senior MemberPosts: 1,628 Senior Member

Comments

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 4,221 Senior Member
    ...something they wouldn't have to be accountable for?
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,628 Senior Member
    Right. **** about DOJ policy is a lot easier than actually doing your **** jobs.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    sherb wrote: »
    Right. **** about DOJ policy is a lot easier than actually doing your **** jobs.

This.

Basically handed over lawmaking power to the Executive (whether Republican or Democrat). Now they're complaining?
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member
    Even under Obama people who operated dispensaries in conservative communities went to prison. Legalize it already.

On a lighter note, my dad ate 2 cookies the other day. It did not go well. I told him you should have started with a bite first.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    Dope used to make me so paranoid. No interest (unless needed for medical reasons).
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 821 Senior Member
    I don't think Gardener cares about what we (the people of Colorado) want, he's just seen the amount of taxes this stuff generates.

I never thought pot was bad, but the effects of it being legal here have been horrible. Our transient population has gone through the roof and heroin usage is up like 80% (can't remember the exact number, but it's really high) since it was legalized.
    The problem is that there are so many users, that you can't throw 'em all in jail, so I say take the income and run.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,366 Senior Member

As I understand it, U.S. Attys still have discretion in how they enforce the law. The one in my District has said he will not interfere with PA's new for 2018 legal medical marijuana program.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    CO Native wrote: »
    I don't think Gardener cares about what we (the people of Colorado) want, he's just seen the amount of taxes this stuff generates.

I never thought pot was bad, but the effects of it being legal here have been horrible. Our transient population has gone through the roof and heroin usage is up like 80% (can't remember the exact number, but it's really high) since it was legalized.
    The problem is that there are so many users, that you can't throw 'em all in jail, so I say take the income and run.

How the **** does legal marijuana create homelessness? Is it all the jobs and billions in tax revenue? Opioid addiction is driven by legal prescribing of opioid pain killers. In other states where medical marijuana has been made available opioid use is on a decline.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/10/16/legal-marijuana-is-saving-lives-in-colorado-study-finds/?utm_term=.4285cfa770c4
    Marijuana legalization in Colorado led to a “reversal” of opiate overdose deaths in that state, according to new research published in the American Journal of Public Health.
    “After Colorado’s legalization of recreational cannabis sale and use, opioid-related deaths decreased more than 6% in the following 2 years,” write authors Melvin D. Livingston, Tracey E. Barnett, Chris Delcher and Alexander C. Wagenaar.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    I was in Denver over the summer for work. It is a dystopian hellscape of gender-neutral crack **** and homeless axe murderers.
  • CO NativeCO Native Senior Member Posts: 821 Senior Member
    How the **** does legal marijuana create homelessness? Is it all the jobs and billions in tax revenue? Opioid addiction is driven by legal prescribing of opioid pain killers. In other states where medical marijuana has been made available opioid use is on a decline.

You should learn to read. I said "transients", not homeless. These people flocked here when pot was legalized. They choose to be worthless and refuse to work.
    I found the article in our local paper stating that our heroin overdoses have more than doubled in the last 5 years with the biggest growth since pot was legalized. You won't be able to see it without a subscription as it's in the archives.
    You guys ever read Cormac Mccarthy's The Road? That is exactly what Denver is like now.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,846 Senior Member
    heroin use & overdose deaths have been on the rise nationally, and in colorado, for what, 15 years?

most studies tend to indicate a decrease in use with legalization of marijuana......early studies also indicate a fairly decent efficacy in the use of marijuana in opioid addiction recovery
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    You guys ever read Cormac Mccarthy's The Road? That is exactly what Denver is like now.

It can't be that dismal, that was one of the most depressing books ever.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    I was in Denver over the summer for work. It is a dystopian hellscape of gender-neutral crack **** and homeless axe murderers.

[video]https://i.giphy.com/media/bkklBjAmlYjv2/giphy.mp4[/video]
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 613 Senior Member
    Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/06/politics/ron-paul-on-pot-cnntv/index.html
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,799 Senior Member
    Yea, an AG that actually enforces federal law. What's this world coming to he should just enforce the laws he wants to, wait what.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    Ron Paul: Jeff Sessions should be fired over marijuana decision

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/06/politics/ron-paul-on-pot-cnntv/index.html

Or...::SENATOR Paul could introduce legislation....

This mindless preening is getting old. As Steven mentioned up thread, Congress has completely abrogated their rule making authority to agency heads. Grow some balls already.
    Or...::SENATOR Paul could introduce legislation....

This mindless preening is getting old. As Steven mentioned up thread, Congress has completely abrogated their rule making authority to agency heads. Grow some balls already.

Mark down this day. Sherb, Steven and I agree on something.

Admit it, that makes you question your choice, doesn't it?
    CO Native wrote: »
    You should learn to read. I said "transients", not homeless. These people flocked here when pot was legalized. They choose to be worthless and refuse to work.

I am going have to see evidence of this. I do know that tourism has certainly increased.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Yea, an AG that actually enforces federal law. What's this world coming to he should just enforce the laws he wants to, wait what.
    The biggest problem I see with that is Sessions isn't just going after recreational use. He is going after medical marijuana too. How would you feel if marijuana was the only thing with much efficacy to treat your child's seizures and you might lose it?
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Mark down this day. Sherb, Steven and I agree on something.

Admit it, that makes you question your choice, doesn't it?

What choice? I'm confused.
    Okay position on the issue then.
    Okay position on the issue then.

My position on the issue has never changed. Whatever the merits of legalization, Marijuana is not a federal issue. Stop **** about Policy and change the law.
    I think you're missing the joke.
    I think you're missing the joke.

Bigly. Huuuuge.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file