If Rubio gets this child tax credit thing done

Comments

• BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member
    Not really----tax breaks are in place for corporations as to hire the locals

But some time ago--Greed and incompetence started to dismantle the middle class by removing manufacturing to cheaper markets ---AKA...a race to the bottom

Now these industries are gone elsewhere---shareholders continue to cash in without hiring locals---so they don't need that break

This is all about the old boy network cashin in while the puppet game show host can make the calls
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,628 Senior Member
    This seems like a fair summation. I didn't realize that they had built in a sunset provision until I looked at my tax bill. But as the article points out, its doubtful the cuts will end up sunsetting in 2026

https://www.dailywire.com/news/24920/winning-9-things-you-need-know-about-big-ben-shapiro
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,068 Senior Member
    an extra $100 is not going to mean anything if the cost is the loss of Medicare and SS or my insurance doubles.

Where are you getting $100?
    Bushart wrote: »
    Not really----tax breaks are in place for corporations as to hire the locals

But some time ago--Greed and incompetence started to dismantle the middle class by removing manufacturing to cheaper markets ---AKA...a race to the bottom

Now these industries are gone elsewhere---shareholders continue to cash in without hiring locals---so they don't need that break

This is all about the old boy network cashin in while the puppet game show host can make the calls

Technology and robots have also replaced workers...

Darn job stealing robots!!!
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,533 Senior Member
    Where are you getting $100?

He will get 4 canadian dollars, and like it.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    an extra $100 is not going to mean anything if the cost is the loss of Medicare and SS or my insurance doubles.

Put the straw back in your shirt
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    The multipliers are in the upper 1%, wouldn't it be better to leave them where they are and lower taxes more on the lower 40%?

That's a different argument compared to "lowering taxes doesn't work." Moreover the lowest two income quartiles pay only 2.7% of total income taxes, now. How are you going to lower income taxes on people that don't pay income taxes?
    Or even more Keynesian, let's raise corporate taxes to 90% give huge tax breaks to those that invest in new equipment and growing their companies, not buying back their stock and actually bring jobs from overseas.

Uhmmm...If I'm going to pay a 90% tax rate on the income generated from new equipment that I bought, I'm not buying new equipment. In a nutshell, if I'm earning nothing from an investment, it doesn't matter how little I have to spend for it. The humorous part is that this is Piosian. James came out with this year's ago.
    Again Bloomberg does not agree that this will lead to growth or increased employment. I think he did better in economics than trickle downers.

How'd that soda thing work out again? You realize he got hit in the face with a supply-side fist? Taxes change behavior. People didn't buy less soda but bought two smaller sodas instead.
    No tax break in the world is going to change the fact that slave labor in China costs $2 a day.

Nobody making $2 bucks a day can truly compete with an educated American in the work place. That $2 buck a day laborer doesn't have the human capital.
    I admit I am no economist, so I cannot speak your language. But I have been alive long enough to know an empty promise and a fantasy that has never been successful in my lifetime and has been the source of the weakening of the middle class when I hear one.

It's been very successful in your lifetime. Your cognitive dissonance is too great to admit it.

It's firewalled. I assume this has something to do with Ryan's thoughts on reforming Medicare/Medicaid?

The two aren't related.
    Yes they are because he is going to use the deficit he created as an excuse to gut those programs.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    Steven wrote: »
    That's a different argument compared to "lowering taxes doesn't work." Moreover the lowest two income quartiles pay only 2.7% of total income taxes, now. How are you going to lower income taxes on people that don't pay income taxes?

Uhmmm...If I'm going to pay a 90% tax rate on the income generated from new equipment that I bought, I'm not buying new equipment. In a nutshell, if I'm earning nothing from an investment, it doesn't matter how little I have to spend for it. The humorous part is that this is Piosian. James came out with this year's ago.

How'd that soda thing work out again? You realize he got hit in the face with a supply-side fist? Taxes change behavior. People didn't buy less soda but bought two smaller sodas instead.

Nobody making $2 bucks a day can truly compete with an educated American in the work place. That $2 buck a day laborer doesn't have the human capital.

It's been very successful in your lifetime. Your cognitive dissonance is too great to admit it.

Okay so where were all these jobs when either Bush was President? Why has the gap between the rich and the poor increased steadily since we first fell in love with this fantasy?

You do realize this makes you sound desperate.

Actually Eisenhower came up with it before him.

Trickle down is not about lowering taxes. It is about lowering them on the wealthy in hopes that their beneficence will some how trickle down to the workers. That my friend has never happened.
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member
    Conjecture.
    “The driver of our debt is the structure of Social Security and Medicare for future beneficiaries.” - Rubio

This is already being discussed.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    Why has the gap between the rich and the poor increased steadily since we first fell in love with this fantasy?
    Because the middle class is moving up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Actually Eisenhower came up with it before him.

Trickle down is not about lowering taxes. It is about lowering them on the wealthy in hopes that their beneficence will some how trickle down to the workers. That my friend has never happened.

Never has---never will

It is the propaganda the powers that be send out to faithful---it is the firewall
    put up the partisan BS while the fat cats run away to Panama

1st it was war on unions---now that they're all but out of the way---little guy is easy---send out the attack dogs

Look money in your wallet---what's wrong with that
    don't worry about the future or reality for that matter---Dollars is the war cry----who cares about the country and running it

What's a Trillion and a half extra debt between friends
    Because the middle class is moving up.

BS....BS...BS... (need 10 letters)
    Takes a lot of balls to say the middle class is moving up

Used to be someone could get a mid level job and at least pay the rent and put some food on the table

Now that person has to work several jobs and a lot can't make it

So ya ****
    You can't arbitrarily move the bar and what was once upper class is now middle class---hey is'nt this great

Give your head a shake
    Lol.

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    The two aren't related.

No, it literally is related. Now that the deficit has ballooned another $1.5 trillion, Ryan and company are saying we do not have the money to pay for "entitlement programs*."

STEP 1: Cut taxes and increase deficit bigly
    STEP 2: "Oh ****, we have a deficit problem! I wonder how that happened?!"
    STEP 3: Tear down benefits for poor, elderly, disabled.

Wow, that Paul Ryan is so wonky!

*Also, newsflash to Ryan: Social Security isn't an entitlement if you've paid into it your whole working life.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 613 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    No, it literally is related. Now that the deficit has ballooned another $1.5 trillion, Ryan and company are saying we do not have the money to pay for "entitlement programs*."

STEP 1: Cut taxes and increase deficit bigly
    STEP 2: "Oh ****, we have a deficit problem! I wonder how that happened?!"
    STEP 3: Tear down benefits for poor, elderly, disabled.

Wow, that Paul Ryan is so wonky!

*Also, newsflash to Ryan: Social Security isn't an entitlement if you've paid into it your whole working life.

It's the ol' starve the beast philosophy. Problem is, the beast ALWAYS get fed. Sometimes with good reason. So, pick your poison: tax and spend or borrow and spend.

We've seen this movie before.
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,551 Senior Member
    I don't know if we can pull up posts from that long ago (and I'm not wasting my time ding such) but I'd like to asks the Libs here who are so fired up about this if they were just as fired up when Obama extended the Bush cuts?

You seem awfully worried about spending today and I wonder if you cared this much back then?
    “Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean
    Lol.

Nice comeback Pot's---says alot---I now have a better understanding of the Past here in the Lodge
    jbilly wrote: »
    I don't know if we can pull up posts from that long ago (and I'm not wasting my time ding such) but I'd like to asks the Libs here who are so fired up about this if they were just as fired up when Obama extended the Bush cuts?

You seem awfully worried about spending today and I wonder if you cared this much back then?

History 101---Republican Bush Sr.---economy fixed by Clinton----Bush Jr----economy fixed by Obama

Why is this so difficult for you guys----you start a war and spend Billions---then a Dem has to clean up your mess----get your head out of your **** and look beyond the partisan Mothership messaging---HEY!!---you be you---maybe you'll get somewhere
    Right now---not so much----Ya got a Game show host tho for Liar N Chief
  • jbillyjbilly Senior Member Posts: 4,551 Senior Member
    Bushart wrote: »
    get your head out of your **** and look beyond the partisan Mothership messaging

Hi Pot.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2017/11/the_democrats_sudden_concern_for_government_debt.html
    “Labor unions are super-PACs. Labor unions are super-PACs Democrats like so we don’t go after labor unions .”
    -Howard Screamin Dean
    BEST THING----Bush voted for Hillary

****!!----That must F@ck with the membership
    jbilly wrote: »

****, I don't recall my reaction to be honest. But I will say that the Bush tax cut and this are very different animals. This is a brazen giveaway to the donor class.
    Also, Jim, I'm not incredibly worried about the deficit. I just don't think this is good policy. As I've said here many times before, it is better to tax and spend than don't tax and spend. How much can really be saved in discretionary spending?

I also believe that one of government's core functions should be to serve as a medium to redistribute wealth. This is a step away from that.

Frankly I'm getting sick of people (not necessarily here) telling me what my grievances are. As someone posted above, 'I can't see why anyone is **** about extra money in their wallet. This must just be about Trump.' Well, that is ludicrous! Yeah, this is all about Trump because I'm obviously a supply-side, small-government, taxes-are-evil kind of person. Give me a **** break.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file