How 'Bout that Roy Moore?

Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior MemberPosts: 621 Senior Member
Gotta love how some are defending Moore by citing how Joseph married a teenager:

Alabama state auditor defends Roy Moore against sexual allegations, invokes Mary and Joseph

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/alabama-state-auditor-defends-roy-moore-against-sexual-allegations-invokes-mary-and-joseph/article/2640217

Moore will probably get elected. If that happens it will be interesting to see how he does in the Republican caucus.

On the other hand, the career of CK Louis, like Kevin Spacey, is probably over.

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Senior Member Posts: 2,561 Senior Member
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,091 Senior Member
    More fake news. I'm not buying into all the sexual harassment claims made these days. It only seems convenient to do so (after what 20 years or so?) when someone becomes popular/powerful/fashionable.

All these accusations are pretty much meaningless without proof.
  • creekguycreekguy Senior Member Posts: 3,905 Senior Member
    So, a blanket denial? Rather than consider each case individually? I'll let the Justice system sort them out.
    The only surprise about these power guys is that they are not secretly gay.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,459 Senior Member
    creekguy wrote: »
    So, a blanket denial? Rather than consider each case individually? I'll let the Justice system sort them out.
    The only surprise about these power guys is that they are not secretly gay.

They just have wide stances.
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,335 Senior Member
    He is such a good Christian, he was just emulating Joseph and Mary.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,676 Senior Member
    Louis CK just admitted it
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,547 Senior Member
    No, he was talking about CK Louis. I think that's the guy who makes underwear and perfume.
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 621 Senior Member
    It is relatively old news that good 'ol George HW Bush liked to grope women, but there is a new accusation against him.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41974116

The victim says he squeezed her butt right when the picture depicted in the article was snapped, which she says accounts for the look on her face.

Nasty old dude!
  • sherbsherb Senior Member Posts: 1,762 Senior Member
    Gotta love how some are defending Moore by citing how Joseph married a teenager:

Alabama state auditor defends Roy Moore against sexual allegations, invokes Mary and Joseph

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/alabama-state-auditor-defends-roy-moore-against-sexual-allegations-invokes-mary-and-joseph/article/2640217

This is not only the worst kind of rationalization but bad theology to boot. The Greek term used for Mary is "young woman," often translated as "virgin." We aren't told how hold she is, nor for that matter do we know how old Joseph is.
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Sherb, Welcome back..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,676 Senior Member
    swizz wrote: »
    No, he was talking about CK Louis. I think that's the guy who makes underwear and perfume.

Yeah that's it---think I'm wearin that underwear right now :)

Reminds me of the time I was leavin work with a fellow employee---walkin cross the parkin lot and he says...."Can't wait to get home and rip off my wife's underwear"

I says....Oh???

He says...."Yeah they've been ridin up on me all day" :cool:...Hey I'm here all week
    ricinus wrote: »
    Sherb, Welcome back..

Mike

Thanks, Mon Frere.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,345 Senior Member
    SHERB!!!!!!!

What up?
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,808 Senior Member
    More fake news. I'm not buying into all the sexual harassment claims made these days. It only seems convenient to do so (after what 20 years or so?) when someone becomes popular/powerful/fashionable.

All these accusations are pretty much meaningless without proof.

Pretty much.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.
    creekguy wrote: »

There in is the problem, most of these accusations are settled out of court.
    Good to see you back Sherb.
  • George KGeorge K Super Moderator Posts: 8,459 Senior Member
    "Who you gonna believe, me or all these **** wimmins?"
    Keep your stinkin' government hands off my Medicare.
    sherb wrote: »
    This is not only the worst kind of rationalization but bad theology to boot. The Greek term used for Mary is "young woman," often translated as "virgin." We aren't told how hold she is, nor for that matter do we know how old Joseph is.

Not to mention in biblical times 14 was middle aged.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,965 Senior Member

Your Honor?
  • ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
    He's (his kind) is the reason we had to make a law.
    Steven wrote: »
    Your Honor?

Not yet. Maybe soon.
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    SHERB!!!!!!!

What up?

Just hanging out. . . I'm off social media for a while so I can get some work done, but you know I can't stay away from here.
    Not yet. Maybe soon.

Good luck, I think you'd make a **** fine one.
    MikeA wrote: »
    Good luck, I think you'd make a **** fine one.

Thanks Mike. Much appreciated.
    You know what's crazy? You guys have all seen "to catch a predator" right? Where the guy shows up with a case of Mike's hard lemonade in order to have sex with a minor, even though the minor doesn't actually exist?

That's right. You can (and will) be prosecuted in every state in the Union for soliciting sex with a minor, even when the "minor" turns out to be a 30-something cop on the other end.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/this-alabama-man-spent-five-years-in-prison-for-enticing-a-14-year-old

so assuming this story about Moore is true (and I have no idea, though it feels corroborated, like the lawyers vetted the **** out of it) he went even further than that. And he was a prosecutor at the time.
    I'm going to start watching "to catch a predator" again and see if anyone raises the Joseph and Mary defense. Points for chutzpah.
    Not yet. Maybe soon.

You will have to start drinking your PBR with your pinkie up.

woman-drinking-tea-with-pinky-up.jpeg
    You know what's crazy? You guys have all seen "to catch a predator" right? Where the guy shows up with a case of Mike's hard lemonade in order to have sex with a minor, even though the minor doesn't actually exist?

That's right. You can (and will) be prosecuted in every state in the Union for soliciting sex with a minor, even when the "minor" turns out to be a 30-something cop on the other end.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/this-alabama-man-spent-five-years-in-prison-for-enticing-a-14-year-old

so assuming this story about Moore is true (and I have no idea, though it feels corroborated, like the lawyers vetted the **** out of it) he went even further than that. And he was a prosecutor at the time.

How would the one girl know he had a home in the woods that was 30 miles out of town if she had never been there?
    How would the one girl know he had a home in the woods that was 30 miles out of town if she had never been there?

yeah, there's a lot of detail in the story.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file