Another One Bites the Dust

Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior MemberPosts: 613 Senior Member
Tom Price resigns as HHS Secretary, ostensibly due to flying around in expensive private jets (why do these high level swamp dwellers--both parties (paging Hillary Clinton) have such blind spots?). But, his lackluster AWOL performance in the recent health care debates is the real reason.

Comments

• ricinusricinus Senior Member Posts: 6,214 Senior Member
    Is Tillerson next? He's been awful quiet..

Mike
    My new goal in life is to become an Alter Kaker...
  • FishTXFishTX Super Moderator Posts: 7,609 Senior Member
    I am hoping Zinke is next.
    "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Crooow:This music would work better with women in bikinis shaking all over the place. I guess that's true of any music really.
    FishTX wrote: »

So many choices..

Mike
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
    FishTX wrote: »

As much as I agree with you, having Stinky Zinke back in Montana is not something I/we want.

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

• StevenSteven Senior Member Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    ricinus wrote: »
    Is Tillerson next? He's been awful quiet..

NBC reporting Rex called Trump a moron at a Pentagon meeting and considered resigning back in July.

Rex says he has never thought about leaving but confirms he called the President a moron. Says it's just "petty stuff" and no big deal.
  • Green Mt BoyGreen Mt Boy Senior Member Posts: 613 Senior Member
    Steven wrote: »
    NBC reporting Rex called Trump a moron at a Pentagon meeting and considered resigning back in July.

Rex says he has never thought about leaving but confirms he called the President a moron. Says it's just "petty stuff" and no big deal.

I don't think Tillerson will be around too much longer. Not only did he call the President a moron, but Trump cut his legs out from underneath him about the idea of talking to N. Korea. Interesting that Mattis came out and essentially supported Tillerson on that issue. As much as I am not a big fan of recently high level military personnel running the government I have to say that with this President I am glad that Mattis, Kelley and McMaster are in the administration.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 2,798 Senior Member

I can find no such confirmation. Got a link?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie just look at the flowers.

I guess in fairness I should have said he didn't deny calling Trump a moron.
  • Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,298 Senior Member
    As much as I am not a big fan of recently high level military personnel running the government I have to say that with this President I am glad that Mattis, Kelley and McMaster are in the administration.

Agreed. The last thing Trump needs are more sycophants.
    Man, this whole thing is such a damned train wreck.
  • BushartBushart Senior Member Posts: 1,535 Senior Member
    Shawn C. wrote: »
    Agreed. The last thing Trump needs are more sycophants.
    Man, this whole thing is such a damned train wreck.

Figure??

In my life I've seen **** artists ply their trade---Trump is just that
    He has got this far as he was born into privilege--never had to learn---just blowhard his way thru life

Not an expert on any subject--just loud enough to get noticed

PR is an Island surrounded by lots of water---hear that Little Rocket Man---here do a fly pattern for the Brawny towels
    The Brawny towel thing was ridiculous. Degrading to all concerned, especially the President.
    Of course, he didn't deny it but he certainly didn't confirm it. So someone asks you a stupid question and you don't answer it then this means you confirmed the stupid question as true. Give me a break.
    You think if he didn't say it, he wouldn't deny it. Give ME a break..

Mike
    I'm just looking for that little detail that he confirmed it or video of him saying it. That is all.
  • GoldenladleGoldenladle Super Moderator Posts: 3,754 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    I'm just looking for that little detail that he confirmed it or video of him saying it. That is all.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one was there to hear it, does it still make a sound?

Moved to Montana, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.

He said it.

Under your logic Buford, he wouldn't have denied thinking about resigning.
    He said it.

OK then. I was hoping for more than the fake bull crap but it is the way things are done now.
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,201 Senior Member
    This from the man that believed Obama faked his birth certificate because he heard it somewhere.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
    This from the man that believed Obama faked his birth certificate because he heard it somewhere.

Sorry, I never bought into that birther crap.
    This spat is hilarious:

Trump boasts of a higher IQ than Tillerson

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/10/politics/donald-trump-forbes-interview-rex-tillerson/index.html

I doubt Rex will hang in there too much longer.
  • tim_stim_s Senior Member Posts: 1,846 Senior Member
    This spat is hilarious:

Trump boasts of a higher IQ than Tillerson

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/10/politics/donald-trump-forbes-interview-rex-tillerson/index.html

I doubt Rex will hang in there too much longer.

which is a shame, because he appears to be one of the few workable members of this admin
    Fly Fishing in Maine - www.flyfishinginmaine.com
    tim_s wrote: »
    which is a shame, because he appears to be one of the few workable members of this admin

Agreed.

It is early, but I think Trump's Presidency is pretty much toast. He is burning too many bridges and the 40% who support him are not enough to give him the juice to roll the 60% who do not support him.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file