Senate votes for endless war

EdBEdB Senior MemberPosts: 2,823 Senior Member
Not surprisingly, U.S. foreign policy remains one of endless war and the intentional or unintentional killing of innocents in seven countries.

September 13, 2017 "Information Clearing House" - The Senate Wednesday scuttled a proposal by Sen. Rand Paul to repeal the war authorizations that underpin the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq as well as military action in a slew of other countries.

"I don't think that anyone with an ounce of intellectual honesty believes that these authorizations from 16 years ago and 14 years ago ... authorized war in seven different countries," Paul said.

Here's the speech:

• Shawn C.Shawn C. Senior Member Posts: 5,199 Senior Member
    Two things:

1) Intentional killing of innocent people by our military? Really? Collateral damage, horrible as it may be, is not the moral equivalent of intentional killing of non-combatants.

2) I think Paul is right about this but nothing is going to change.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,823 Senior Member
    When the U.S. bombs militants knowing there are innocents in the kill zone, is that intentional?
  • NZ IndicatorNZ Indicator Senior Member Posts: 9,020 Senior Member

You should try some angry yoga.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
  • fishingcomicfishingcomic Senior Member Posts: 21,107 Senior Member
    The instructor sounds a lot like you in the first 30 seconds.
    'I've spoken of the Shining City all my political life. …In my mind it was a tall, proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, windswept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace; a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity. And if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here. That's how I saw it, and see it still.'" Ronald Reagan
  • swizzswizz Senior Member Posts: 2,522 Senior Member
    I recommend goat yoga. It is the opposite of angry yoga (although I can relate regarding the man bun).
    All of your Trout are belong to me.
  • EdBEdB Senior Member Posts: 2,823 Senior Member

You should try some angry yoga.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Can you answer the question NZ?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file